Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

So, what do you guys want from a sequel?

-- Kraven the Hunter aping the Nemesis system by way of becoming an elite enemy that randomly shows up in encounters

-- More sidemissions like the Tombstone one wherein we confront and chase down unique B-list villains like Spot, Stilt-Man, Raptor, Slyde

-- Some kind of reworking of either Ezekiel or Morlun in this universe. I don't think the mystic nature of them will work but I think it'd be cool to see one or both in a more realistic take.

-- A goblin. Idc who it is or which one, though I'd prefer Jason Macendale so we can beat him up as JackoLantern, then he comes back as Hobgoblin, then he gets hosed up by Michael "Morbius" Morgan and becomes a freakshow Demogoblin. Just ruin this guy.

-- More trips outside Manhattan like the Raft mission. Maybe a guest Avengers op somewhere.

-- For the collectables, replace backpacks maybe with something like dossiers or pieces of evidence that somebody like Chameleon left behind. Things like hideouts, bases, etc should stay but replace the Black Cat stuff and backpacks with something else next time.

-- a reference to Identity Crisis with all 4 personalities/costumes/even 4 new characters who pop up in a side-op or DLC.

-- Give me Kaine somewhere in any way shape or form

-- obvious answer for the last one but even more combat options and replace things like concussive blast/suspension orb with web gloves or web puddles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

MrJacobs posted:

like most of the 80s and Spider-Man 2? He was living independently in this game as well unless he had a roommate nobody knew about?

I think maybe he means successfully living independently instead of being behind on bills all the time and getting evicted from his home.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Kithyen posted:

I think maybe he means successfully living independently instead of being behind on bills all the time and getting evicted from his home.

Oh well that was his entire run with the New Avengers in the Avengers tower.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is he technically living independently when he's back together with MJ now and he can just stay at her place if he needs to?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

As long as he doesn't leave his clothes on the kitchen floor, probably.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Truth to tell, Peter being financially hapless is more of his "iconic" situation than his actual deal. When I started reading the comics in the '80s, he was usually doing okay, even if he was living gig to gig and occasionally running into problems the way that a big-city freelancer often would. Peter's luck still sucked on average, but it was things like ruining his last clean shirt on the way to the office and having to show up in a bright pink T-shirt he'd been given as a joke, or having to pick between a job that would let him make rent or missing May's birthday.

The Spider-Man of my imagination is the one who would often have to come up with dumb trick after dumb trick to get into his apartment building without being seen, because three of his neighbors were constantly on the roof working on their tans.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

RareAcumen posted:

So, what do you guys want from a sequel?

I just want more thought put into the side missions. Mini story arcs like the Tombstone one would be great. What I don't want is low effort things like beat the sense(literally) back into the mind controlled students over 4 side missions. They don't even need a b-list villain, just a little thought into expanding the story for this Spider-Man.

Not that I have a problem with adding b-list villains to the game, I just don't think every side mission necessarily needs to have one.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Friendly Fire posted:

I just want more thought put into the side missions. Mini story arcs like the Tombstone one would be great. What I don't want is low effort things like beat the sense(literally) back into the mind controlled students over 4 side missions. They don't even need a b-list villain, just a little thought into expanding the story for this Spider-Man.

Not that I have a problem with adding b-list villains to the game, I just don't think every side mission necessarily needs to have one.

Admittedly literally beating the sense into university students was very cathartic.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

One thing I liked about the Tombstone encounter was at the end he wasn't mad at Spiderman, it was like a respect thing and he saw the fight as just another challenge.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I spotted this on a Funko Pop at Barnes and Noble, and it looks like it might be preliminary branding for the planned game universe and it's bad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

I spotted this on a Funko Pop at Barnes and Noble, and it looks like it might be preliminary branding for the planned game universe and it's bad.

Nah, that's just a funko pop branding for anything remotely videogame-related

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I'm not a super big video game guy but I love Spider-Man and one of my favorite games from my childhood was Spider-Man 2. I played this game at my friend's house for a few hours and my conclusion is that it had really good graphics but the web-swinging sucked in comparison to Spider-Man 2. It felt really cheap and hand-holdy and not as consistent physics-wise so I didn't get as much of a feeling of genuine control. Other than that the combat is button-mashy and the story (like most video game stories that try to take themselves seriously) is not very good. Not sure why people love this so much other than it looking pretty and being about Spider-Man.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The sequel being set up in such a way that Pete probably dies or retires halfway through and Miles has to fully take up the underarms cobwebs though

Edit:whoops missed a page

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 28, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Calaveron posted:

The sequel being set up in such a way that Pete probably dies or retires halfway through and Miles has to fully take up the underarms cobwebs though

I don't remember where I read it (it might have been this thread, the other thread, or somewhere else entirely) but I like the idea of the Symbiote taking control of Peter at some point next game and so you have to take over as Miles to try and stop/save him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, I saw a video talking about the future of the franchise and universe that got me thinking about what other genres they could do. The video suggested a Doctor Strange RPG, and I think the new Avengers game would be neat if it was like a co-op action game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, I saw a video talking about the future of the franchise and universe that got me thinking about what other genres they could do. The video suggested a Doctor Strange RPG, and I think the new Avengers game would be neat if it was like a co-op action game.

The problem is they're all boring to move around as, no one's as fun to jump and swing around as than spidey
Strange could maybe work as a puzzle game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

there was a cancelled Avengers 1st person game that could have been awesome. Overwatch has elements of superhero PvE poo poo in it but if it was handled like Dishonored/Deus Ex in terms of powers I'd love that. No idea what Squeenix is doing with the Avengers game they were tasked to make but they had to kill Deus Ex to develop it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

turn the world into hell and let Dr Strange play Bloodborne

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I definitely agree with more B listers for the sequel. The Tombstone missions were loving awesome, as was all of the Taskmaster dialogue and fighting (drone chasing, I could take or leave). At bare minimum, I want Overdrive to show up--that bit where you were chasing Shocker around was rad, and Overdrive's pretty much made for poo poo like that. Or Big Wheel, I guess

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
So does Martin Li know Peter is Spiderman? I mean it would be pretty dumb if he didn't really figure it out.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

From MJ's stealth mission into Osborn's home it seems like they are interpreting the Green Goblin as a kind of sapper. The prototype of the Goblin helmet is built to be able to see structural weaknesses, and so he'd be very good at taking down buildings with only a few well placed or well thrown pumpkin bombs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

blackguy32 posted:

So does Martin Li know Peter is Spiderman? I mean it would be pretty dumb if he didn't really figure it out.

Between the scene when you leave his office and their fight I'm pretty sure he knows, yes.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I hope in the next game Miles has his costume from the Into The Spider-verse trailer with the hoodie and trainers. Also links to Scarlet Spider if he takes that name.

Seems to me that starting the next one as Miles justifies doing tutorials and leveling up again, and Peters life is actually unusually straightforward now, his only personal obligation in his personal life is his girlfriend who knows his secret, Miles has his mum, possibly his uncle, school and all the classic Spidey challenges in life.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

I hope in the next game Miles has his costume from the Into The Spider-verse trailer with the hoodie and trainers. Also links to Scarlet Spider if he takes that name.

Seems to me that starting the next one as Miles justifies doing tutorials and leveling up again, and Peters life is actually unusually straightforward now, his only personal obligation in his personal life is his girlfriend who knows his secret, Miles has his mum, possibly his uncle, school and all the classic Spidey challenges in life.

Which is why Pete is totally dying after instilling one final lesson on power and responsibility to Miles

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This costume when?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

His costume has to be the one of the dirtiest, smelliest, grodiest things in existence

no wonder mj dumped him

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

An iron man game in this style would be sweet.

Also I want to express my love for the fruit pies line during a base mission. I had to pause the game because I was losing my poo poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Miles has the anime power of concentrating energy on his hands to release a potent blast of stunning power which would be pretty neat to see in the sequel

Oh ho ho. Trust me my good doubleman, I'm very familiar with the concept of black kid with electricity powers. I've seen both Black Lightning and Static Shock.

Personally, I could go for turning the game into DMC-lite. Spider-Man has always been suuuuuch a poo poo-talker that I want the ability to taunt mid combo. I personally don't get hung-up on 'Okay that would kill a normal person' that seems to be plauging this and the Batman games so I also want a Nioh/Yakuza style stance system so we've got his normal Spider-Man leap around everywhere fighting style, a wrasslin' style with giant swings and powerbombs and stuff.

Basically I just want Spider-Man to be Jetstream Sam with a bigger move list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

RareAcumen posted:

Oh ho ho. Trust me my good doubleman, I'm very familiar with the concept of black kid with electricity powers. I've seen both Black Lightning and Static Shock.

Personally, I could go for turning the game into DMC-lite. Spider-Man has always been suuuuuch a poo poo-talker that I want the ability to taunt mid combo. I personally don't get hung-up on 'Okay that would kill a normal person' that seems to be plauging this and the Batman games so I also want a Nioh/Yakuza style stance system so we've got his normal Spider-Man leap around everywhere fighting style, a wrasslin' style with giant swings and powerbombs and stuff.

Basically I just want Spider-Man to be Jetstream Sam with a bigger move list.

This is real close to what I want, too. The Quip power in the game wasn't implemented well. Spider-Man stands there flat-footed while he talks which is the opposite of every Spider-Man fight quip ever. I get that in most games a taunt is a risky move because it locks you in place but I'd rather the risk/reward system fit the character better. Like you can be moving and doing any of your attacks during your quip but if you get hit during it it really hurts.

Different fighting styles is on my wish list, too. Was thinking something like: Classic, the default fighting style; Webhead, which is much more web-heavy, trickster-like, and less violent; and something darker and more brutal like Arach-Knight or "The Spider" to reflect all those times where it's no more Mr. Nice Guy.

• Locked thread