Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 62 - He's Beefy

Well, that's going to make a future mission really upsetting or really funny

I think the video is unlisted? I couldn't find it from my usual set up (a Switch connected to my TV) so I had to jump though a couple hoops to get to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Whoops, fixed it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 63 - Karl, I Hate You

Turns out there's a trick that makes ambushes a lot easier to beat! :frogdunce:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 9, 2020

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Dan, hunter's instincts give Rangers bonus damage against flanked foes.

cambrian obelus
Sep 14, 2010

I've never seen a French woman before!
Soiled Meat
Video Unavaliable

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

cambrian obelus posted:

Video Unavaliable

Should be fixed now

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Every episode of this LP has something to treasure.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Remember, each “Hunting the Chosen” op lets you slot another resistance order card with the associated faction!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dr Christmas posted:

Remember, each “Hunting the Chosen” op lets you slot another resistance order card with the associated faction!

The last one doesnt, sadly. You're capped at two per faction and three wildcards :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
So over the next few days I'm planning on stepping up episode releases, because as of last night, our playthrough has ended. Hopefully I can release an episode a day but I still have a few I need to edit a bit, and basically no time to actually do the editing :frog:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm torn, halfway between :getin: and :ohdear:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Danaru posted:

So over the next few days I'm planning on stepping up episode releases, because as of last night, our playthrough has ended. Hopefully I can release an episode a day but I still have a few I need to edit a bit, and basically no time to actually do the editing :frog:
Hell yeah :cheers:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It's not coming off the wall until the last episode is published.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 64 - Foomp In The Sewers

Look it would make SENSE to not be able to foomp in the sewers. It usually only takes a second for me to remember I've done it dozens of times.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

How do I do solo commentary?

Badly.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I can't remember but did you do solo commentary on your LP of covert action, circlmastr? If so then it was good enough to get me to try the game and get absolutely hooked on it for like 3 months solid. I fell off the wagon about 3 missions away from taking down the last mastermind.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 65 - You Try Solo Commentary

I have never had a game disrespect my time as much as this specific port of XCOM 2

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

At least the lost turn let you kill the Warlock instead of just almost kill the Warlock.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There is always a Sectopod patrolling out front with nothing else in its pod on that mission :eng101:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dr Christmas posted:

There is always a Sectopod patrolling out front with nothing else in its pod on that mission :eng101:

We will NEVER ever manage to predict the chosen properly.

Case in point:

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 66 - What The Ding Dang

I love this fuckin' game

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

FYI, that episode is unlisted. Works fine with the link, but I initially just tried to go to your channel and find it (saw the update post on mobile) and it wasn't there.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I hit public like fifteen dang times it's totally not my fault even though I'm a few ciders in and probably forgot to hit apply

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

That was a good plan, executed perfectly. Good job :)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't know when or why this LP got sponsored by the letter E, but given my username I can't help but wonder if it's a dig at me.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

I don't know when or why this LP got sponsored by the letter E, but given my username I can't help but wonder if it's a dig at me.

It's a reference to this

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 67 - A Scoopy Gun

Seriously how do you get a loving Sectopod into a sewer, how does it fit

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Very carefully. Up to the point where it spots the squad, at least, after that it's time for stomping and crashing through walls.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I find it impressive how long you managed to put off doing the main plot in this game.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
The Sectopod was always there, they just built the sewer around it.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I just want to say I'm really glad this LP has started back up again! Might draw some fanart, IDK

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 68 - Endgame

It's the final showdown. Advent is making their move and we either stop them or die trying. A failure in these two missions means the end of XCOM and Earth.

Something I'm pretty annoyed to find out was that there are no intel buffs for the second mission, only the first. That would have been nice to know :cripes:

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
You just had to tempt fate with the Vicar's Cross didn't you?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Oh, wow, you're going into the finale without killing the chosen! I think way back when this thread started I was pushing for that, but I didn't think you'd actually listen. You absolute madman.

(or... possibly not. I've never even seen it, so I have no idea how scary it is!)

edit: Did you kill all of the Golden Girls?

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 19, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Bea Arthur never got built in time :saddowns:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 69 - You Are Banished

It's time, The Commander finally gets to get some kills :black101: And drink for his own misses

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Is this where you reveal that the entire LP was a ruse just to get to 69 episodes?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

Is this where you reveal that the entire LP was a ruse just to get to 69 episodes?

Is this the LP of a man who has the kind of foresight to do that

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Watched the two latest episodes tonight, and Elena is just sleeping, as is Rue. Erica is doing so good because she's mad she's been woken up from her nap and had to go fight aliens.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Also I realise that you've already played this by now, but if the other two chosen show up, the Warlock will probably be the most difficult one since he's immune to explosions, but you'll probably handle him fine with guns and psychics since he doesn't teleport around at random.

The Sniper on the other hand is hurt by explosions and is also super allergic to melee weapons, both of which can be provided by Jane, so I don't expect him to be more than a nuisance.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah it's all recorded now. We had to wait an excruciating week before we could find out how our story ends.

Also it goes without saying since I'm a challenge loving lunatic, but I bought four Vicars Crosses for the final session, which is uh, important to remember. also I start off by drinking for Elena and Rue. Y'all forgot too dont pretend you didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I still can't believe you killed all the golden girls.