Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
:sigh: :sigh: :sigh:
The night before I left for college, my mother came into the room as I lay in bed, sat down on the bed, and proceeded to give me a "pep talk." This consisted of her listing off all the ways I was going to fail without her around. With all the warmth and tenderness of a king cobra poised to strike, she told me that I was lazy, didn't know how to do anything on my own, and she had no confidence in me. All the time studying my face for reaction.

I'd been in situations similar to this with her many times, but this time I was especially struck by her sheer malevolence. I knew that if I responded to her in any way, she would take it as me picking a fight with her and there would be some kind of retribution. If I offered a single word of defense she would shriek at me to stop yelling at her. So I stayed perfectly still and didn't say a single word while she rambled for ten minutes.

After what seemed an eternity of me pretending to be a statue, she got up and went to bed. No doubt she'd been hoping to provoke a fight with me, but I'd wised up to her game by now, and was not about to play when I knew there was no way to win.

Enjoy your time in the memory care facility while your mind continues to fall apart you narcissistic bitch.

Cerebral Mayhem fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread