Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know if my dad is dead or not.
He should be, he is pretty old.
But the last time I snooped around on line his one-man business was still going.

The baby sitter he married would maybe try to reach me to say he was dead, maybe, dunno.

A big sigh was had when he married her in the blazing sun outside in black leather, including a floppy leather hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

You’re not required to forgive people, even if they really are sorry. You’re not required to endure some miserable ritual on a yearly basis, except for maybe certain medical procedures. Just remember that you can say no, next time, if you want to.

I had one of those I think extremely rare moments where a psychiatrist (during court ordered counseling after a run of the mill, didn't hurt anyone thank God, DUI) said something and a light bulb went off in my brain and I never had anymore angst, never looked back....

I was telling her about my father, I had filled out a questionnaire honestly, and maybe 5 minutes into the conversation she interrupted me and said, "Your father is a pedophile, a monster, you don't ever need to see him again."

I haven't, and I have no regrets or ? suffer anymore thinking about him.

This was like 25 years ago.

• Locked thread