Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

discoukulele posted:

Edit - I'd also be super interested in hearing people's thoughts about the faculty member who's constantly dejected and crying. I kept waiting for an explicit reveal that she's the current embodiment of Mother Lachrymarum (the Mother of Tears), but then she just went and spontaneously offed herself..

She's someone I'm going to be focusing on in a potential rewatch - my initial thought was that she was some sort of projecting empath, hence the cuts to her crying when Olga suddenly couldn't control her tears before going into the mirror room and the social divide between her and the rest of the coven. She voted for Markos in the beginning and I could see someone with that power being able to sense the awakening of the power and going out the way she did instead of experiencing whatever reckoning was coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Zwabu posted:

So was the seizure the Caroline suffered from a spell that was designed to extract her ability to jump and confer it upon Suzy?

Also what is your take on the relationship between Mme Blanc and Suzy? That she was in fact preparing her for sacrifice as was her duty but that she felt conflicted because she had genuine feelings of affection and love for her as a mentor?

Was the idea that Suzy's body would somehow become a vessel to receive Markos who would then live on in that body? Or something else?

For the Caroline thing that's the only reading that made sense to me - you don't see Caroline suffering reduced abilities afterward, but that happened right after the conversation about Suzy not being ready yet and Caroline was ever only really singled out for the jumps. I'm curious why there was so much gravity to making that move by the members of the coven, the dancers were effectively a front and Caroline's the only one in danger there. Maybe Suzy being unable to hit the jumps without the transferred ability is seen as a sign that she's fundamentally unsuitable to make the transfer?

for the second thing, that's some of it but I don't think it's all of it - Blanc feels something's wrong during the dinner scene where she's staring at Suzy (who has pretty much fully changed her demeanor and body language by then), not sure if there was anything tipping her off earlier. She doesn't want to sacrifice Suzy and she doesn't believe in the legitimacy of Markos, but I think there's something else there (even if I'm not sure what it is)

I was thinking of Slade House when it came to the vessel bits and the ceremony - there's a transfer of youth/life force/soul/whatever to Markos and she's effectively reborn while the vessel's body is left as just a husk. The vestigial limbs and stuff on Markos' body and the gray shambling remains of the people that Sara finds both squared with failed attempts at that to me.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I just want more of the dream montages, those kicked serious rear end.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

FrootLoopOfHenle posted:

Did anyone catch what Susie takes from the desk when she and Sara sneak into the office?

Wasn't it like a lipstick or something?