Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
hhh lookin more like an old mans penis every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah that was a terrible choice to color the cage red

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

dsriggs posted:

Take a look at this cage.

Notice how you can't make out what in the gently caress is going on in the ring because your eye is naturally drawn to the bright-red cage, instead of what's happening inside it.

If you can’t see Roman you can’t boo him!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

As long as people watching on tv can see, who cares about the fans in the building? Didn't we learn that with every Punjabi prison match?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TTBF posted:

As long as people watching on tv can see

We couldn't with this, is the thing

dsriggs posted:

Notice how you can't make out what in the gently caress is going on in the ring because your eye is naturally drawn to the bright-red cage, instead of what's happening inside it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

dsriggs posted:

While it's bad, you're ignoring the fact that the fence is not thin chain link and are these huge metal beams

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
they usually have camera guys inside the cell so everyone not in attendance should be able to see absent some wide angle shots

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Astro7x posted:

While it's bad, you're ignoring the fact that the fence is not thin chain link and are these huge metal beams

It's amazing what even a quick color shift can do

Hell I used to watch cage matches with the thick blue bar cage the cartoon era used and it was fine. The bright red is very distracting though.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they usually have camera guys inside the cell so everyone not in attendance should be able to see absent some wide angle shots

Don't worry, they'll have that big screen above the entrance that shows the action for about 5% of the match when the stage isn't even slightly in the background.

I will say the nice thing about All In was that they had the big screen up the entire night

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Well, the good news is that, judging by the stream, the red mesh they're using for this cage are a lot easier to see through from the sides than the giant red bars they're using for that one. Who knows how distracting it will be during actual matches, though.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WWE production distracting from the action and making watching it a chore is a time honored tradition why stop now

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

WWE production distracting from the action and making watching it a chore is a time honored tradition why stop now

The video packages tho

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Well, the good news is that, judging by the stream, the red mesh they're using for this cage are a lot easier to see through from the sides than the giant red bars they're using for that one. Who knows how distracting it will be during actual matches, though.

This is a totally separate cage that actually looks like it could be a Hell in a Cell. What's the domed cage for?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Why are there people with hardhats but also sandals

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can't tell from the stream, but is the mesh part red too or just the beams? While it is ugly and dumb it doesn't look like the mesh itself is any more distracting than a regular cage.

They should just go back to using the old blue cage for all things in any case, though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

attitude era black squares is the best cage, vince mcmahon broke his rear end falling off one. qed mother fuckers

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Facebook Watch is available outside the US now so anyone can watch the MMC I guess.

It seems like it's only available on phone apps though? My iPad Facebook app doesn't have it but my phone one does. So still petty awful.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Honestly, I think it looks pretty good. HIAC should be red. It's hell after all.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

DM Punk posted:

Honestly, I think it looks pretty good. HIAC should be red. It's hell after all.

But will it be on fire? That's the real question.

People in the first 10-20 rows surrounding the cage could be super high off the burning paint fumes. It would enhance the whole experience for them.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It must be intense to put up and tear down those giant complicated electronic sets day in and day out

I'm sure their crew has it down to a science but seeing them fully set up and powered/lit it's kinda crazy to think about them doing it hundreds of times a year - especially when you think back to when sets were a bit of metal piping and some giant stand up letters. Now they're incredible multi screen setups that go from floor to roof. Hell even the ring posts and aprons have screens.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It must be intense to put up and tear down those giant complicated electronic sets day in and day out

I'm sure their crew has it down to a science but seeing them fully set up and powered/lit it's kinda crazy to think about them doing it hundreds of times a year - especially when you think back to when sets were a bit of metal piping and some giant stand up letters. Now they're incredible multi screen setups that go from floor to roof. Hell even the ring posts and aprons have screens.

I always wait for traffic to disperse after I attend WWE events at the Suns arena when they're in Phoenix, so I usually just stick around in my seat for 20-30 minutes after the event is over. Last February, I watched them take apart the ring and 75% of the Elimination Chamber in 30 minutes. It seems like it's a hell of a lot easier to dismantle than construct.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's kind of insane how many people you just plain don't think about in WWE are probably the absolute best at what they do and we just totally take it for granted because a handful of maybe....five people tops? Ruin the TV show for us so it sours the whole thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They do also use local crews for it. I would imagine the actual de/construction is WWE guys and maybe the locals just carry stuff and move crates or something though.

Apparently the father of long haired glasses guy who is always at shows with his mother is ring construction crew or something according to someone who spoke with him. That's how he gets to all those shows, though I assume they must be well off and buy the actual tickets themselves because no way is WWE giving those front row seats to employees.

VJeff posted:

It's kind of insane how many people you just plain don't think about in WWE are probably the absolute best at what they do and we just totally take it for granted because a handful of maybe....five people tops? Ruin the TV show for us so it sours the whole thing.

Just like the tons of talented people who are on the credits list of loving Justice League or something.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why the gently caress would they paint the cell? its iron, its supposedly to be silver or whatever

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Paint it pink for breast cancer awareness

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Interesting article from my hometown about massive entertainment rigging

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1041069203757981696

In NXT by year end obviously

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ronda's got a new move.

But in bigger news Alexa took a real bump.

https://twitter.com/MMAthematics/status/1040971515293065217

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

VJeff posted:

Their catering service is extreme.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

My pal Michael works at the check-in for United at the Philadelphia airport and in the span of the last 30 minutes has met Ray Park (Darth Maul from Star Wars) and Nikki Bella.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Good read and First We Feast is awesome. They're home to Hot Ones - one of the the best shows on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJFeaRWJdy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh1EMAYaczM

They've got some amazing guests like Jeff Goldblum and Terry Crews but I think those are the only two wrestling related ones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gonz posted:

My pal Michael works at the check-in for United at the Philadelphia airport and in the span of the last 30 minutes has met Ray Park (Darth Maul from Star Wars) and Nikki Bella.

Come on man you know you don't need to tell anyone here who Ray Park is.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Nikki rebounded from Cena with Darth Maul

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Aphrodite posted:

Come on man you know you don't need to tell anyone here who Ray Park is.

Yeah, we all know he's Abyss.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Accident Underwater posted:

Nikki rebounded from Cena with Darth Maul

"At last we shall reveal ourselves to the WWE Universe!"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gonz posted:

"At last we shall reveal ourselves to the WWE Universe!"

lol did they not even bother painting maul's actor's neck

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Aphrodite posted:

Ronda's got a new move.

Hot drat, a gutwrench shoulder-mounted powerbomb was my create-a-finisher in one of the games a few years back. She's got the attire of a CAW and the moves, now all Ronda needs is a solid-black generic tribal and a HHH-rip-off entrance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol did they not even bother painting maul's actor's neck

You can also see the seams where his horns are glued to his head.

They did not anticipate HD.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aphrodite posted:

Ronda's got a new move.

Isn't that just the move she put Alexa through a table with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think so, but she hasn't been using it in matches I guess.

• Locked thread