Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

fatherofmustard posted:

Maryse/Brie was good for what it was.

The brawl afterwards was good, better than a lot of those they've had lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Your Parents posted:

no it doesnt that shirt loving owns

The colour vibrancy of the brown and pink on the Kairi Sane shirt don't match and are not of the same type.

It's bad on a graphic design 101 level. It's like how you don't mix pastel and neon.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm starting to put the prediction game together are they seriously not defending either midcard title on Sunday

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wazzu posted:

The colour vibrancy of the brown and pink on the Kairi Sane shirt don't match and are not of the same type.

It's bad on a graphic design 101 level. It's like how you don't mix pastel and neon.

Yeah it's always been amazing to me that WWE actually pays someone to design the garbage they churn out on merch

Or maybe that's the secret - maybe they've never paid someone to do it and it's just a producer with MS Paint or something

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Fsmhunk posted:

The fart so loud it got picked up by the mic is the hardest I've laughed at anything in years.

The "YOIKS AND AWAAAAAAAAAAYYY" had me loving crying from laughing so hard. And the No Way Jose theme to Vince dancing around. Seriously this was a really really good episode of Botchamania.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm starting to put the prediction game together are they seriously not defending either midcard title on Sunday

Seth's in the Tag Title match partnering with Dean and Shinsuke's been an ancillary sorta third wheel in the Orton/Hardy feud, so nope!

Also is WWE pulling back on Becky's heel turn "officially" but still trying to go about it the longer way around anyway? Charlotte's in full babyface mode tonight and gets attacked by her in disguise was being sold by Cole as pretty heelish.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 12, 2018

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah after this year's Rumble, no one should assume that the winners are going to do anything of note or go on to find success. At least I can take solace in the fact that people are absolutely ripping WWE to pieces over that Asuka promo being filled with racial stereotypes/borderline offensive.

The sooner Vince leaves this goddamn company the better. He and Dunn are likely the only people who found that promo hilarious.

The Royal Rumble is the new ARMBAR.

Glad one of the 3 pay per views they're building simultaneously is almost over. Although to be fair, one of them is being built on twitter since like 70% of the wrestlers either don't work for WWE or are part time.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Samoa Joe presented storytime, showing a bound storybook called Night Night by Samoa Joe, a rhyming story about the villain AJ Styles and the hero Samoa Joe. Joe absolutely made this work where it would have flopped with anybody else.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm really glad that they veered away from breaking up Aiden and Rusev and went with them being an example of pure and wholesome friendship instead :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

I'm really glad that they veered away from breaking up Aiden and Rusev and went with them being an example of pure and wholesome friendship instead :3:

:agreed:

I'm hoping they're not holding out for a last minute swerve and all three of them just stay good buddies.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I need to know how they sneaked Becky out relatively unnoticed.

She has a pretty striking face. One like if you change or cover up her hair it brings it out 10x more. I guess fans near her just played along.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jiro posted:

https://vimeo.com/287320424

Botchamania 373 is finally out. :stare: Holy gently caress I didn't know Triplemania was THAT terrible. Goddamn SummerSlam was bad.

Striker is bad but holy poo poo the man tried to keep it together there. Also Kevin Nash continues to be cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

She has a pretty striking face. One like if you change or cover up her hair it brings it out 10x more. I guess fans near her just played along.

Everybody was too scared of loving with such a badass, so they left her alone!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
TripleMania looked like pure, undistilled awful. Who are the amateurs running AAA?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I hope Charlotte gets super paranoid now and attacks a random woman dressed as La Luchadora

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Rock should really and truly have a sit down with his daughter as an intervention for wanting to go to WWE. The Rock’s daughter could literally do anything she wants because of who her dad is. She could pick her Ivy League school of choice. She could probably be the president (second generation), or the head of a major Fortune 500. If she wanted to be a movie star or singer, she’d be guaranteed a career regardless of talent.

Maybe she goes “gently caress you dad” as 17 year olds do, but I can’t imagine having the name and wealth of The Rock behind you, surveying your options, and deciding on “Work for Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn.”

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rovert posted:

This isn't a creepy post at all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

Even worse, they also did the OH SHE LIKES TERIYAKI HA HA HA stuff as well. So not only that, but they decided to do the racial sterotyping bit as well. And WWE is rightfully getting poo poo on for it.

Like if Triple H has any sort of common sense, he will fight tooth and nail to keep Kairi and Io down in NXT for as long as humanely possible.

Remember when they did this the same time last year and it was even more racist. The company suffered no consequences and you kept giving them money. Also acting like HHH is blameless here is pretty funny.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Boo the Woo is a loving amazing slogan

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Davros1 posted:

I agree, seems like a pretty normal observation.

I think the glasses may have thrown people off. Even knowing it was her (watched the highlight after reading results) it took me a minute to recognize her with them + the wig.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm glad I've completely given up on this company

That said, I'll still watch Survivor Series in November at a bar I regularly go to because I would rather give them my business than WWE

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dias posted:

Striker is bad but holy poo poo the man tried to keep it together there. Also Kevin Nash continues to be cool.

Writing a legally mandated apology in crayon in a loving power move.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Even worse, they also did the OH SHE LIKES TERIYAKI HA HA HA stuff as well. So not only that, but they decided to do the racial sterotyping bit as well. And WWE is rightfully getting poo poo on for it.

Like if Triple H has any sort of common sense, he will fight tooth and nail to keep Kairi and Io down in NXT for as long as humanely possible.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think that the Kairi Sane shirt would be okay for little girl but maybe not the best design for grown men, who seem to be way more critical of the design...

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all the dx parodies were bad and the nwo four horsemen one was good to begin with

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The color scheme of Kairi Sane' shirt makes it look like a Roman Reigns shirt.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The Big Seadog

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

rovert posted:

Some dude on reddit was in the front row next to her, did notice but decided to play along.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/9f4biy/smackdown_spoilers_my_friend_was_standing_right/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Explain?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow, I got an email from WWE for two months for .99 cents. What a great offer. Hm, what's this?

Cute. :v:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

VJeff posted:

Wow, I got an email from WWE for two months for .99 cents. What a great offer. Hm, what's this?

their marketing is insipid as gently caress

im surprised they dont give the network away for an email address, since they choke your inbox with so much bullshit

an hour before RAW, right after RAW, monday mornings, tuesday mornings, an hour before Smackdown, an hour after Smackdown, randomly on weekends, before all NXT and WWE PPVs

like, gimme a loving break. you got my $10 for the sub, i'm not buying your awful merch

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I like when the wrestlers personally send me emails advertising the next ppv

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Some dude on reddit was in the front row next to her, did notice but decided to play along.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/9f4biy/smackdown_spoilers_my_friend_was_standing_right/

He totally should have been like "man that Charlotte what an arrogant rear end" to her. Granted it would have probably either have got no reaction or just an eyeroll would have been a decent lil story.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VJeff posted:

lmfao

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

VJeff posted:

Yeah but on the bright side you dont get to watch Survivor Series

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Breaking news: big company uses normal business tactic. More at 10.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I can't imagine missing the one night a year when Raw and Smackdown go head to head.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Incessant Excess posted:

I can't imagine missing the one night a year when Raw and Smackdown go head to head.

But I didn't miss Royal Rumble

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Incessant Excess posted:

I can't imagine missing the one night a year when Superstars from the Raw and Smackdown brands go head to head in direct competition.

You forgot the important bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/thesweetvee/status/1039683299504009216

Team Ginger Snaps still working together, it seems.

• Locked thread