Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

skipped raw last night for the first time in 12 years and missed nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

I feel like 90% of the reason I still watch is that it's on every week, if there were a TV show like hiatus I would've quit long ago.

then, now, forever

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Oh my goodness

it's my only appointment TV, i watch with the family every week. well, i did. now were just gonna watch ppvs because the essence of the build is always distilled into a 2 minute teaser that thrashes the poo poo out of how it's presented on RAW, anyway

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

How did you and your family deal with more or less 624 reruns of the same episode and not lose your minds

DVR and alcohol

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

VJeff posted:

Wow, I got an email from WWE for two months for .99 cents. What a great offer. Hm, what's this?

Cute.

their marketing is insipid as gently caress

im surprised they dont give the network away for an email address, since they choke your inbox with so much bullshit

an hour before RAW, right after RAW, monday mornings, tuesday mornings, an hour before Smackdown, an hour after Smackdown, randomly on weekends, before all NXT and WWE PPVs

like, gimme a loving break. you got my $10 for the sub, i'm not buying your awful merch

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Did you not turn that poo poo off immediately or send it directly to junk mail? What are you afraid you are going to miss out on?

i have hammered 'unsubscribe' on their website 50 or 60 times and nothing works

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It's been sad watching all my friends that I got into wrestling fall off because of the endless pointless booking. There's a few still watching NXT and a few I'm trying to sell on Japan shows but in general my house show group is so disenchanted.

i moved to CA in 2004 and a friend of mine moved here in 06. back in the D we watched RAW together religiously from 1999- to 2004. after he moved here he used to take the train from San Diego to Irvine and back for every pay per view (he started driving after he got a car) then he started just coming for Mania and the Rumble and now he has completely lost interest :/

sorry to keep making these glum-rear end posts but i been watching this poo poo since 1982 and making a conscious effort to do something else during Raw and Smackdown feels weird

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Andrast posted:

I really wonder how WWE is going to do in 10-15 years. I mean, they can't possibly be generating new fans with the current product.

try to picture the WWE as an 8 year old innocent mark would

(by which I mean, it ain't changing)

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

VJeff posted:

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...match-time-list

Roman and Braun were down for 7 and a half minutes before Brock showed up.

sometimes for fun i time how much...time...passes between the ending bell for the 2nd to last match on RAW and the beginning bell for the last match. it's generally like 12 minutes

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

cavallingus posted:

Lol this company will continue to be trash because no other company can challenge them

couldn't even get a sponsor for hell in a cell

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

bloodysabbath posted:

I like overbooked matches when itís done right. You got HIAC, Braun, Shield, tag champs, Brock, Heyman, and Mick Foley as ref. Thatís a lot going on and there are a hundred different ways they could have gone with that, it could have been a grand old stupid time even if (ugh) Roman retained.

Not only did they do the least satisfying thing possible, they did the one thing the match type (the PPV gimmick!!!) is set up to specifically not allow.

WHATTA SWERVE, THOUGH, RIGHT?!!?!?!?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

If we're being honest I wonder why they even bother doing House Shows anymore, I doubt they form a notable chunk of the company's income at all anymore, and it would probably improve the televised content a little cause the talent would be working less

in 2017 they took in 151.2 million at live shows and sold 24 million in merch

they had i think 800 million in revenue in 2017

so yeah, live shows ain't going nowhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

The only real negative of house shows has always been how much significant injuries seem to happen there

i mean, travel takes a very real toll

being on the road 4 days a week, 48 weeks a year is going to grind anyone to dust. i did it for one summer working production for CART and the boredom and loneliness almost did me in. there's nothing to do on the road but drink

• Locked thread