Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

quote:

Michael Cole welcomed Renee Young as a fulltime member of the commentary team, replacing Coach who will now be relegated to PPV pre-shows.

Why?

What good could that possibly do? He's always been bad and he isn't going to get any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Now nobody will have to watch him, since nobody watches the pre-shows I guess

Oh poo poo my brain skipped over the pre-show bit of that and was just thinking PPVs.

Still - there are probably half a dozen or more people on payroll that could do it much better even on the pre-show.

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

honest to god I think there was maybe like 20 minutes or so of wrestling over 3 hours

They're so close to the goal why stop now

Three hour shows, zero wrestling here we come

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

My favorite moment from Raw was when Renee was excited to see Balor win and Cole reprimanded her.

So they're going to promote a woman to commentary only to poo poo on her and more or less call her stupid on air until they remove her because WWE, right

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

boar guy posted:

skipped raw last night for the first time in 12 years

Oh my goodness

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

boar guy posted:

it's my only appointment TV, i watch with the family every week. well, i did. now were just gonna watch ppvs because the essence of the build is always distilled into a 2 minute teaser that thrashes the poo poo out of how it's presented on RAW, anyway

How did you and your family deal with more or less 624 reruns of the same episode and not lose your minds

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The kearning on those letters is something to behold

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Vampiro freaking out about music was great

Then it's back in black to boot lol

Triplemania looks like a shitshow

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tokamak posted:

It was, but it was also fun (and free).

I figured it was PPV so it being free does make a difference

But that's still so many fuckups in one show lol

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wazzu posted:

The colour vibrancy of the brown and pink on the Kairi Sane shirt don't match and are not of the same type.

It's bad on a graphic design 101 level. It's like how you don't mix pastel and neon.

Yeah it's always been amazing to me that WWE actually pays someone to design the garbage they churn out on merch

Or maybe that's the secret - maybe they've never paid someone to do it and it's just a producer with MS Paint or something

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Did they reply to this exactly six years later? What in the world

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

The needle is Vince’s hog

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That was very mean

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Also rehiring Road Dogg was a mistake

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

fatherofmustard posted:

They should rehire Billy Gunn

His son would be a wwe champion in a few weeks if that happened

Chris James 2 posted:

Admitting HHH made a mistake? Bold move to say in a WWE thread

I'm not gonna debate everyone at once like some here do I don't have that kind of attention span

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

In conclusion, HHH is a land of contrasts.

The only wwe written character that does

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

fatherofmustard posted:

Is HIAC only going to have 8 matches?

And it'll still somehow be eight hours long

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

Come 2021, this post will be cited as the genesis for the mythical 12 hour long Iron Man Match themed PPV.

I genuinely hope PPVs end up like ten hours long at some point

I want to see how far they can push it before people finally can't take anymore

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Like how many hours can we get to before we finally hit die hard fan saturation point

I have to know

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah they're old and most old people refuse to change and adapt and get locked in on one period of their lives forever

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MotU posted:

wwe is dying due to steph infection

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah that was a terrible choice to color the cage red

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Astro7x posted:

While it's bad, you're ignoring the fact that the fence is not thin chain link and are these huge metal beams

It's amazing what even a quick color shift can do

Hell I used to watch cage matches with the thick blue bar cage the cartoon era used and it was fine. The bright red is very distracting though.

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WWE production distracting from the action and making watching it a chore is a time honored tradition why stop now

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It must be intense to put up and tear down those giant complicated electronic sets day in and day out

I'm sure their crew has it down to a science but seeing them fully set up and powered/lit it's kinda crazy to think about them doing it hundreds of times a year - especially when you think back to when sets were a bit of metal piping and some giant stand up letters. Now they're incredible multi screen setups that go from floor to roof. Hell even the ring posts and aprons have screens.

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Paint it pink for breast cancer awareness

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Good read and First We Feast is awesome. They're home to Hot Ones - one of the the best shows on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJFeaRWJdy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh1EMAYaczM

They've got some amazing guests like Jeff Goldblum and Terry Crews but I think those are the only two wrestling related ones.

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

There shouldn't be escape options for cage matches period - it should be pinfall or submission.

The whole reason you're in the fuckin' cage is to stop the other guy from running or have his goons interfere or whatever else has been happening for the last few weeks leading up to it. Why go through the trouble of getting a cage match when they can just run from you and win? It's never made sense. And stop with the busting through the side gimmick.

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah there's always constant interference bullshit and escapes in like the final tier of cages meant for there to never be any escapes or interference

Makes the whole thing completely pointless

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's almost as if every match in WWE is laid out the same way with the same spots and same signature moves

Twitter revelations

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Brock got paid because they couldn't commit to a finish

Once again he's the smartest man in the room

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Post the thread count

https://forums.somethingawful.com/f...php?forumid=177

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

So we all lose the prediction on the main event huh?

How have all not learned by now that all roads lead to suplex city

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This kind of petty poo poo is hilarious

WWE should thank its lucky stars people like anything about their awful shows nowadays and this micromanaging of who fans cheer and boo is just so backward

Nobody cares about your precious storylines about who is heel and who is face when they're all dumb and bad

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Why are they still doing Elias 'concerts'

Is his character ever going to go anywhere

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Man I'm sure glad they had that big cage so nobody could get in and mess any of these fights up.

We've seen so many people rip doors off of or kick down doors on cages that they're completely pointless in every way

Nobody went into that match thinking there wouldn't be outside interference - it's just stupid to bother with them as a gimmick

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

At least the elimination chamber has the timed pod release thing

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

And somehow that's probably still one of the safer bumps Jeff Hardy has taken

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Drugs, am I right?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

wandler20 posted:

lol they're paying Brock over a million dollars for the Saudi show.

Imagine how many saudi oil slaves and trafficked humans that million dollars could pay for their labor

Instead some uninterested barons can text on their phones from the front row entirely ignoring the trip to suplex city they paid for

• Locked thread