Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

BrigadierSensible posted:

The HHH v Undertaker thing is not a feud though, it is a "special attraction" match between two old has beens whose best is at least 5-10 years ago.

It exists on the SuperDuper "hey look we have the MCG" Showdown to make it seem big time, because WWE can't make new stars, so the biggest ones, (at least in terms of mainstream name recognition) they have are old and irrelevant 40+ year olds. Talk to a non wrestling fan and they will know who The Undertaker is, but not Roman Reigns. Talk to non wrestling/non sport media and they wouldn't give a gently caress about Roman, (to use their current top name), but would be happy to talk about Undertaker vs HHH.

HHH plugging it on TV is to try and get ticket sales up for sure, (the MCG is loving huge and they will need every bum on seat they can get), but mostly for him to wank on about how "Yeah the Undertaker was a big star, but he was mainly a big star because he wrestled ME! Remember ME, I am HHH and I am the coolest and toughest and bestest ever!" on his father in law's TV show.

If they wanted to fill the MCG they shouldn't have set such insane prices. Family fun at WWE is way less tempting at $200/head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Your Parents posted:

no it doesnt that shirt loving owns

The colour vibrancy of the brown and pink on the Kairi Sane shirt don't match and are not of the same type.

It's bad on a graphic design 101 level. It's like how you don't mix pastel and neon.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

bloodysabbath posted:

Rock should really and truly have a sit down with his daughter as an intervention for wanting to go to WWE. The Rock’s daughter could literally do anything she wants because of who her dad is. She could pick her Ivy League school of choice. She could probably be the president (second generation), or the head of a major Fortune 500. If she wanted to be a movie star or singer, she’d be guaranteed a career regardless of talent.

Maybe she goes “gently caress you dad” as 17 year olds do, but I can’t imagine having the name and wealth of The Rock behind you, surveying your options, and deciding on “Work for Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn.”

I think it's a fun option to consider, it would be a career option. She has many options so just keeping this one available seems fine.

Working for Vince does seem insane though. It struck me last night what a horrifying failure of the world it is that Vince is rich, happy and successful considering what an awful human being he is. Though he isn't alone in that category, sadly

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

TTBF posted:

Watching a couple of those matches made me realize what the point of the escape clause is. Iit always made Bruno look like a badass as he casually sauntered out of the ring while his opponent was laying in a pool of his own blood in the center of the ring. Shame every cage match now is people trying to flee or barely making it out first or straight up busting through the cage.

Is it that loving hard to book Roman like that? They do such a poo poo job at booking their face of the company.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Because they still want Charolette to be the face of women's wrestling so they have Becky doing the more heelish things. Becky's almost a direct parallel to Daniel Bryan's heel turns when the crowds were begging for him rather than anything the WWE was doing intentionally. If the fans hadn't bucked so hard and kept cheering Becky, she would 200% be a heel right now, I think now they're just trying to cool Becky off so they can put the title back on Charolette again.

They didn't even let Becky get a clean win over Charolette, it was a flash roll-up. It's only speculation at this point if that was because they wanted to continue the feud, or because they wanted to keep Charolette strong and give the fans/Becky a pity title run.

The absolute best plan available is Becky/Asuka and Charlotte/Ronda at Wrestlemania, so it'll be amazing to watch them gently caress up that build. Hypothetically it's good if they do that build properly.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Flash pins are a callback to the lovely Diva era booking where everyone's finisher seemed to be some variation of roll-up. It's the worst kind of cop-out unless you follow up properly on it, this is a win Becky NEEDED and she wins it by roll-up. I don't trust the WWE Main roster to even bring it up outside of Charolette trying to get sympathy. It could have been better executed, see NXT where Kairi gets a fluke-looking pinfall while Shayna is trying to apply a submission and Shayna is on a warpath claiming she was pinned but wasn't beaten.

It just reeks of WWE not actually wanting to pull the trigger on Becky because it might hurt Charolette.

I think it works well for being a "weak" finish early in the feud (there will be rematches, and I didn't want Becky to lose the first match of the feud). Charlotte tapping verbally after screaming in pain, Becky beat her almost unconscious would have been the most satisfying ending, but you can't really go anywhere from there.

There's some doubt going into the rematch, and they can build to further drama from a start of a clean pin reversing a signature move.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Astro7x posted:

It was kind of like NXT Takeover Rival when Sasha won the title by pinning Charlotte. Sasha tried to get the submission, but ended up weakening Charlotte so much she was able to get the pin . Not winning with her finisher didn't take away form the win.

Also I think the commentary should have mentioned how hard it would be to get a submission win in a fatal four way, since you can wait to be saved. I can respect the view that commentators shouldn't say anything that might hint at the finish.

But in Bayley vs Charlotte vs Becky vs Sasha, yeah Charlotte and Bayley had an advantage.

Professor Funk posted:

TBF, Finn Balor is dead and buried forever

If the title scene shows anything, it's that Vince likes them big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

It was kind of Braun to make sure people forgot about Sandow's cash-in being the worst

Remind me how Sandow's is more pathetic than Baron's cash-in of ambushing Jinder after a match, then getting immediately rolled up?

• Locked thread