Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Just a reminder, but Braun's heat/momentum/aura were completely destroyed in order to try and get Roman over. He's pretty much dead after Sunday if he doesn't win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

DeepDickPizza posted:

Smackdown should be good, though.

Oh sweet summer child. I would set your expectations near the very bottom. An R-Truth vs Andrade match was set for tomorrow, Charlotte vs Sonya is announced, The Bar vs Rusev Day, and the main event is Brie Bella vs Maryse.

So no, it likely won't be good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

explosivo posted:

That E award show they advertised during WWE programming sure had a suspicious amount of WWE superstars up for nominations.

I had to lol at Nia Jax being in consideration alongside Aly Raisman for most influential woman or whatever.

If WWE wins anything assume the voting is rigged.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Incessant Excess posted:

Has there been any information on how the Super Showdown ticket sales are going? Is Australia really so thirsty for WWE that they're able to fill a stadium there?

I think Dave said they have sold something like 60,000 tickets or something? A pretty large number.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

Satin says Simone Johnson, Dwayne's daughter, has been training at the Performance Center recently

Enjoy your increasingly-temporary Asuka/Kairi/Io runs while you can, the vision of the division's long-term future is becoming clearer

I don't see her being pushed in NXT at least, unless she's really good in the ring. They value workrate more than nepotism there it seems. Main roster though is trouble. Also she's only 17 right now, so she probably won't actually debut in any meaningful fashion until a year or so from now.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Nia Jax never won a title in NXT either, and was quickly shipped off to RAW and Smackdown because of her relation to The Rock apparently. I don't see anything different happening here.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Posted it in the NXT thread, but I'll post it here as well. Kairi Sane has a new shirt on the WWE Shop. It's so close to being an actual acceptable shirt. But the neon pink/violet text ruins it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Yeah after this year's Rumble, no one should assume that the winners are going to do anything of note or go on to find success. At least I can take solace in the fact that people are absolutely ripping WWE to pieces over that Asuka promo being filled with racial stereotypes/borderline offensive.

The sooner Vince leaves this goddamn company the better. He and Dunn are likely the only people who found that promo hilarious.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

shiksa posted:

oh word they did a "Japanese person don't know English good" bit with asuka this week? drat I picked a good week to stop paying wwe every month I guess

Even worse, they also did the OH SHE LIKES TERIYAKI HA HA HA stuff as well. So not only that, but they decided to do the racial sterotyping bit as well. And WWE is rightfully getting poo poo on for it.

Like if Triple H has any sort of common sense, he will fight tooth and nail to keep Kairi and Io down in NXT for as long as humanely possible.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

This wasn't offensive offensive but I still can't believe this made air:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI_CWwqgLak

Vince very likely found that goddamn hilarious, and that's all that matters to him. You have some people trying to justify it as "oh well they are just showing the goofy side of Asuka!!!"

When you could clearly see that neither Naomi or Asuka wanted anything to do with that awful segment. Apparently the audience didn't react to the segment at all either. I think they are intentionally trying to sabotage Asuka at this point, simply because she's more over/popular than Charlotte.

Becky was turned heel (and it seems like WWE is trying to double down on it this week), Naomi is already pretty non-existent, and they are kneecapping Asuka. They are going to turn Charlotte into the female version of Roman Reigns at this rate. Because they are doing/did the same thing with Roman as they are doing with Charlotte. Kneecap anyone else who is even remotely more over than Charlotte because she's the face of the women's division apparently.

If they don't do a double turn at Hell in a Cell, I don't think Charlotte is ever going to turn heel. And the crowd will hijack the Ronda/Charlotte match at Wrestlemania if they keep kneecapping talent that the crowd likes more.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at Sep 13, 2018 around 21:50

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Your Parents posted:

i hope him, steph, hhh, vince, and dunn are on a plane and ISIS smarks shoot it down

Apparently Triple H actually listens to feedback from creative members. That's one of the main reasons why NXT is really good. He has the final call there, but generally listens to his creative team instead of going off of whatever his own whims are, and will actually listen to people when they say an idea is bad, and likely back off on it.

Now does that mean the main roster creative would be good if he took over? Probably not. But if they even managed to implement even a quarter of what makes NXT good, it would significantly improve the main roster product.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

My excitement for Hell in a Cell is at pretty much zero. Same goes for Super Showdown in a few weeks. And Evolution isn't looking too hot either in the grand scheme of things. Hell, Survivor Series most likely won't be good either. I think the next time we'll actually see significant movement in any title scene is probably at TLC. I think the only singles title that has a chance of changing hands before then is the Smackdown Women's Title, and that's only if they decide to run champion vs champion again this year at Survivor Series.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

This one.

AJ holds the belt until he passes Punk's reign. Then he drops to Miz, probably at the Rumble? Then Bryan wins the Rumble and beats Miz at Mania.

whoops double posted there.

Excuse me, but we all know The Rock is going to enter the Rumble and win. And then challenge the Big Dog at Wrestlemania, so Roman can have another accolade tacked onto his record. "You are the real people's champ, Roman!!!"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Vince has figured out that he can trick people into thinking Wrestlemania will be good if he puts over somebody people will like at the Rumble, so expect it to be Bryan. Then the WWE championship will go on fourth from the top.

Probably. The two rumble winners this year will likely be Daniel Bryan (Because The Miz) and Charlotte (Because Ronda).

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

If people keep being turned against Charlotte, expect Becky or Asuka to win the Rumble....and lose at Mania.

I fully expect us to get plenty of Becky vs Charlotte over the next few months. And I don't see Asuka winning the Rumble this year. The only two people I can see winning it are Charlotte or Alexa. And it will most likely be Charlotte since WWE seems hellbent on pushing her as the female face of the company. If there is backlash against Charlotte, they just won't make the match the main event.

Ideally we will probably get for the title matches at Mania:

Ronda (c) vs Charlotte for the RAW Women's Title

Becky (c) vs Asuka for the Smackdown Women's Title.

Assuming Becky wins the title either tonight, at Super Showdown, or Evolution, that will give her a nice long reign, and WWE can probably rebuild Asuka back into a credible threat before then to hopefully dethrone Becky (who will have had the title for roughly six months by that point).

I mean whoever is Smackdown Women's Champion after Wrestlemania is a moot point anyways, because they will likely drop the title to Alexa who will be moved over to Smackdown before (or soon after) Backlash.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at Sep 16, 2018 around 21:03

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

So who takes the title from Becky, assuming its not Charlotte? Becky's already decimated the heel side of the division. The only two people I can think of that have a shot of taking the title from her is Asuka (they've been keeping them separate, although that may just be inadvertent), or Shayna Baszler if she ends up being called up to Smackdown.

I would say Nikki Cross, but its more likely she ends up in the same boat as the rest of her Sanity members, or on RAW.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

Shayna is probably going to Raw, and there's no way they're going to rocket push Nikki Cross to the title.

They're probably going to have Charlotte win it back at Evolution.

I don't think they'll have Charlotte win it back if they are going to be doing champion vs champion stuff again this year at Survivor Series. WWE isn't going to blow their load on Charlotte vs Ronda this early on. And Ronda isn't being handed her first defeat before Wrestlemania next year.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

We don't know if they're doing champ vs champ.

That's why I said IF they are doing champ vs champ again this year. Which they probably will do. All of the pieces are in place for the most part.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Just having Becky/Asuka do badass faces against one another could be so much fun.

I can see Becky/Asuka happening at Wrestlemania, to be honest. It'll give Becky her long reign that fans have clamored for (nearly 6 months as champ), and give WWE their "Wrestlemania Moment" if Asuka ends an "invincible" Becky Lynch.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

OctoberCountry posted:

Meltzer said on this morning's WOR that the idea behind the match ending was to get the crowd behind Charlotte as a face and Becky is still a heel in their long-term plans

That's how it came off to me last night as well. Crowd had a mixed reaction on Becky refusing to shake Charlotte's hand. Regardless, I think at the end of this entire debacle, Becky is going to be champion. And the only program WWE can really run that people want to see is Becky/Asuka. I would have Becky beat most of the roster leading up into Wrestlemania, and then have Asuka topple her at the event, because Becky's hubris gets the better of her (in terms of non kayfabe, it would make up for Asuka's pretty lovely 2018, and also give WWE a Wrestlemania Moment of Becky finally losing the title). I feel like the Naomi stuff is just a way to keep Asuka busy at this point without completely removing her from TV.

Oh and speaking of the women, while it's been strongly rumored for awhile now, Mia Yim (fka Jade in TNA) very likely signed a deal with WWE if some of her more recent tweets are any indication.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

jesus WEP posted:

If Becky and Asuka do have a match at WM, itíll be hamstrung to poo poo so it doesnít overshadow the Match With The Blonde White Women and loving lol if youíve been watching WWE for a good amount of time and donít see that

I doubt WWE will care if its better. Because it won't get much attention from the mainstream outlets. Charlotte/Ronda will, and that's all that matters to the WWE.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

Oh cool, I was hoping she'd get signed after last year's MYC

Yup. She's also been defending the company on twitter. NXT is in desperate need of some decent female babyfaces as well. I mean right now you have on the lower tier, Candice and Dakota. Nikki Cross in the mid tier, and Kairi in the championship spot. Io is likely going to debut soon as well, but she'll probably end up turning heel sometime before Wrestlemania since quite a few people are scrambling to see Io/Kairi at Takeover: Brooklyn during Wrestlemania weekend. Since it will be the only time we'll be able to see those two have a good match that isn't hamstrung by main roster booking.

Also apparently her and Keith Lee are a thing now.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at Sep 17, 2018 around 12:30

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

a bitchin jetski posted:

It's adorable that you think that Asuka is going to be anything other than a comedy foreigner now. She's been Jindered.

Reminder: Everyone here thought Becky would be a comedy foreigner as well. And Asuka still has a decent amount of protection where it actually matters. Yeah she's lost several title shots against Carmella, but knowing WWE's boneheaded booking, they probably felt like she was being protected (while making Carmella look good). And she's never been pinned on Smackdown (her one loss was due to Becky being pinned) or has yet to eat a pin at house shows. If they were going to turn her into a comedy jobber/foreigner like you described, she would be eating pins and submissions left and right.

It's amazing how quickly people (myself included) will scream that someone is dead and buried forever, just for WWE to end up pushing them into the title picture and fixing it.

And again, WWE seems to be doubling down on Becky's heel turn. Assuming she is still champion after her feud with Charlotte is done, that leaves three babyfaces for her to fight. Naomi, Asuka, and Lana. It doesn't seem like Smackdown will be getting any new female babyfaces soon, and if Nikki Cross is called up, she'll either be a heel or end up like her Sanity buddies.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at Sep 17, 2018 around 12:42

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Blaise330 posted:

Post-diva revolution has had a shitload of rollups too, let's not kid ourselves.

You know I just figured out why Evolution is so EXTREMELY diva. They're bringing back the diva's title to be the women's equivalent of the IC title. Or worse, it'll be their equivalent of the US title. At least it'd be a belt that Asuka could win.

They aren't going to bring back the divas title. And as long as the women are confined to two separate brands and almost never allowed to cross paths, I don't see a mid card singles title being introduced. Asuka winning the Smackdown title isn't unheard of, especially considering once Charlotte jumps ship to RAW, Asuka becomes the #1 female babyface on the brand if you want to follow WWE's booking of Becky.

Professor Funk posted:

TBF, Finn Balor is dead and buried forever

Finn also throws shade at the company on a somewhat regular basis, so that doesn't exactly help him.

Anyways, Becky is likely holding onto the title for awhile if you look at all of the upcoming events, the only real chances she has of losing the title after Evolution is TLC and Elimination Chamber. WWE seems to have grown averse to having the Smackdown Women's Title change hands on TV. And assuming she retains at both, she'll have roughly a 6 month reign (and they'll be looking to make a Wrestlemania Moment as well, and Asuka's contract is up in late 2019 apparently, so I can see them giving her the title as an incentive to sign a new deal). The fact that they are keeping her separated from Asuka on TV feels intentional.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at Sep 17, 2018 around 13:14

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

You've been talking about hypothetical scenarios where she could be cared about and win it at any point in the next year for the past 8 months now, believe me, you're making sure it's heard of

I can't think of any one who's had less TV time but still been considered a definite future main champ for sure. Even the diehard Miz fans who swore he'd be a world champ again in the past two years were backed up by him having matches every week and actually being a midcard champ at times

We all thought Carmella wouldn't win the title either. Or that Becky would ever be champ again.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

I'm sorry dude but you've been making incorrect predictions for months now about Asuka winning the title and I think at this point you just need to accept that she's been Nakamura'd except there's no midcard belt for her to win as a consolation prize.

Nah, I'm going to remain optimistic. Where people in here seem to want to see Asuka fail or are writing her off, when it seems like the opposite is going to happen. If you don't like reading me being optimistic about Asuka's future, then don't reply. I'm not doing any harm by posting about it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

WWE is bringing back Starrcade again. Here is the advertised card for the Thanksgiving weekend show.

quote:

*The Shield vs. Braun Strowman & Drew McIntyre & Dolph Ziggler - Cincy Street Fight.

*WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe - Steel Cage Match.

*WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair - Steel Cage Match.

*WWE United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev.

*WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. The Bar.

*Elias in concert with Ric Flair appearing.

*Also appearing are Kevin Owens, Alexa Bliss and Finn Balor.
It takes place in Ohio this year.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Draxion posted:

Ohhhh, there's the "gently caress you Cody" we were expecting after All In. Resurrecting his dad's show as their fourth? PPV in three months.

Nice to see that the matches that should have been in a cage at their cage PPV are gonna be in them at this one instead!

Starrcade happened last year as well. And we don't know if this will be televised or not (last year's wasn't). Probably not since TLC is only a few weeks after it but still.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Rusev for the US Title was announced for tomorrow's Smackdown.

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/st...769078627680256

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

wandler20 posted:

I did it guys, I finally did it. I've been a Network subscriber since day 1 and I finally axed that poo poo. I'll probably sign back up for the rumble but what's the point of having it until then?

NXT (and the respective Takeovers) and Mae Young Classic. That's about it, to be honest! Unless you have Hulu, although apparently they charge money in general now to watch anything on their site? News to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

So apparently there are people out there who want to see more Ronda vs Alexa matches.

It's like they didn't watch how awful their match was last night.

• Locked thread