Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

I sincerely hope that Roode and Gable become a tag-team and not a feud, because Gable's enthusiasm while Roode's astonishment about how good he is is drat fine. Roode traditionally has always been good in a faction or tag-team and Gable's always shined so far in his career as a hot tag so I think there really is something here.

Lio Rush trying to be Lashley's MVP was also pretty amusing although it took embarrassingly long for me to realize that was Lio Rush.

The third amusing part of RAW was when Ambrose hit up that officer trying to get a bailout for the next time he was in jail

Other than that, RAW really loving sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

jesus WEP posted:

so KO is just helping Braun now and apparently the best reason writers could up with is him saying "I CAN DO WHAT I WANT"

am I missing anything here
Heels are all best friends with heels for no particular reason and all babyfaces are best friends too, with no apology needed for what they did in the past as heels. Alignment is black or white, don't put anymore thought into it than that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

I'm fairly sure if Roman Reigns was injured and off TV for two years, the people booing him every night would still be there regardless because they're not there for him in the first place, but there's no way to avoid him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Although it is kind of amusing someone outside of the WWE bubble just taking a McMahon's word at face value and finding out FAST how the fans really feel

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Even Superstars is just full of Roman Reigns highlights from RAW

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

I'm sure WWE manages to have as many hours on TV/Network in a WEEK as a major show like Breaking Bad or West World do in a whole season and somehow tell less of a story

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

well theres a new thread title
Make it the new subforum title imo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

I'm not worried about when 205 airs on the Network, I'm worried about when it's taped. There's a joke out there somewhere about Cedric Alexander leaving the indies in front of a crowd of 400 people to go wrestle in the WWE in front of 200 people.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

I worked through the whole PPV and just got back home, I read the results and wow there were a lot of dumb finishes to matches that sounded like they were going to be great. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that WWE is obsessed with non-finishes and finishes that make nobody look good to keep their 50/50 booking

How do you have a Hell in a Cell in a no contest

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Because they still want Charolette to be the face of women's wrestling so they have Becky doing the more heelish things. Becky's almost a direct parallel to Daniel Bryan's heel turns when the crowds were begging for him rather than anything the WWE was doing intentionally. If the fans hadn't bucked so hard and kept cheering Becky, she would 200% be a heel right now, I think now they're just trying to cool Becky off so they can put the title back on Charolette again.

They didn't even let Becky get a clean win over Charolette, it was a flash roll-up. It's only speculation at this point if that was because they wanted to continue the feud, or because they wanted to keep Charolette strong and give the fans/Becky a pity title run.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Flash pins are a callback to the lovely Diva era booking where everyone's finisher seemed to be some variation of roll-up. It's the worst kind of cop-out unless you follow up properly on it, this is a win Becky NEEDED and she wins it by roll-up. I don't trust the WWE Main roster to even bring it up outside of Charolette trying to get sympathy. It could have been better executed, see NXT where Kairi gets a fluke-looking pinfall while Shayna is trying to apply a submission and Shayna is on a warpath claiming she was pinned but wasn't beaten.

It just reeks of WWE not actually wanting to pull the trigger on Becky because it might hurt Charolette.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Asuka has as much chance of winning another title as anyone else on the roster does. That is to say, whenever whoever is booking Charolette and Becky get bored of it, or Charolette moves to RAW to feud with Rousey there's as equal of a chance that anyone on the Smackdown roster gets random, insignificant title matches because anything other than Roman Reigns has no real long-term booking or thought behind it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Push El Burrito posted:

Man I'm sure glad they had that big cage so nobody could get in and mess any of these fights up.
I don't have a problem with that because it happens every other HIAC match but ending in a no-contest is very lol because it's supposed to be the end-all WWE gimmick match and it never really has been. You can give the attitude era a pass because ratings, attendance, and buzz were through the roof but lol they still won't fully pull the trigger on Roman and just let him win matches like Cena did

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Yeah the WWE is REALLY going to listen to 500 fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Saint Freak posted:

F- reading comprehension
Snickers is less likely to listen tbh