Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Wow, they're gonna go all the way and just kill Braun, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

I'm a Lions fan so I'm in the very unique position of probably having a worse night than if I'd watched Raw.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Dimebags Brain posted:

Remember when Brock got cheered for saying he didnít watch Raw?

What's that, an excuse to post this?

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Eh. The limit of her push was getting her head kicked off by Asuka on the only Takeover that couldn't make it out of Full Sail in the last few years.

In fact wasn't that Takeover on a Wednesday?

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

You can tell when they really don't give a poo poo.

https://twitter.com/WWENeville/stat...566587625639936

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

is pepsi ok posted:

lol that was the last tweet Neville made.

His last few weeks of twitter game are extremely strong, including a meltdown about him losing his title and him making GBS threads on Australia and New Zealand.

Aphrodite posted:

Was the mumps PPV this year?

No, TLC last year.

But the Rumble was this year and good, I guess.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

I mean I don't know how much credit I'm willing to give the Rumble anymore given that a big part of how fun it was was the result of the two Rumbles and we know where that went.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Wow, I got an email from WWE for two months for .99 cents. What a great offer. Hm, what's this?

Cute.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Sami would be so proud of Becky right now. Instead of having Sami as a skanking heel can he go back to SD and be a pissed off face with Becky?

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

TTBF posted:

I haven't blocked them in the hopes I'll finally get one of those free three month offers for being unsubscribed so long.

This was my first and I've been unsubbed for about four months.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

A sizeable chunk of their audience told them that no matter how much they complain or how much they boo they're going to keep watching anyway. And the WWE has certainly been listening to that.

A sizable chunk of their audience has bailed in the last three years since the start of Guess Who's push.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/...ed-raw-managers

Fightful has The Scoopz on the rash of cruiserweights showing up to be managers. I guess people are trying to convince Vince that Managers Are Good?

Astro7x posted:

Like... they consider it a positive that at MITB the audience completely poo poo on Jinder/Reigns just becaues they moved the needle because they were reacting, but hated that the crowd was doing the countdown during Ziggler/Rollins Iron Man match even though they were reacting as well? Or they popped big for Reigns before the Reigns/Joe PPV match where people were chanting beat the traffic and leaving early, but becaues they were not just sitting on their hands or looking at their phones the whole match it was positive? I don't get it.

They don't actually consider it a positive. They had some shills cry on twitter about DISRESPECTING THE WORKERS and Roman himself did his usual I'm Not Owned shtick on twitter. Then he did it again, preemptively for SummerSlam. I'm pretty sure they're actually sort of livid when the crowd craps on Roman's matches like that.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Can't wait to look at this tweet again in three days.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

In conclusion, HHH is a land of contrasts.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Veryslightlymad posted:

Taker is retired. He is wearing the time honored clothing of choice of a retired person, or just a general man of leisure, the Hawaiian shirt.

Only two kinds of people wear Hawaiian shirts: Gay people and big fat party animals.

And Taker is a big fat party animal.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

So when are we getting the Dean Ambrose butt video?

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Well I was hoping that Finn might leave WWE when his contract was up, but I guess that's impossible now.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Now can you start loving taping it before SmackDown?

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It must be intense to put up and tear down those giant complicated electronic sets day in and day out

I'm sure their crew has it down to a science but seeing them fully set up and powered/lit it's kinda crazy to think about them doing it hundreds of times a year - especially when you think back to when sets were a bit of metal piping and some giant stand up letters. Now they're incredible multi screen setups that go from floor to roof. Hell even the ring posts and aprons have screens.

It's kind of insane how many people you just plain don't think about in WWE are probably the absolute best at what they do and we just totally take it for granted because a handful of maybe....five people tops? Ruin the TV show for us so it sours the whole thing.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Aphrodite posted:

The no escape, no help has morphed into the HIAC now

And even that's gotten pretty diluted. Besides New Day/Usos, when's the last HiaC match that didn't have them go outside the cage or have someone else come in?

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

TTBF posted:

Watching a couple of those matches made me realize what the point of the escape clause is. Iit always made Bruno look like a badass as he casually sauntered out of the ring while his opponent was laying in a pool of his own blood in the center of the ring. Shame every cage match now is people trying to flee or barely making it out first or straight up busting through the cage.

This is why Roman whining about that stupid cage match for months wrung so hollow to me. He spent four loving months going on and on about how he was the Real Champion because he might've touched the floor two seconds before Brock did. Not because he beat Brock, but on the flimsiest technicality possible.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Jinder and Alicia is like my favorite thing in WWE and I don't care who knows it.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Balor leaving would be cool because then Prince Devitt could join the BCOGs and they'd stop being sort of a punchline.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Ragnarok the Red posted:

or is he going to drop it to Miz or something?

This one.

AJ holds the belt until he passes Punk's reign. Then he drops to Miz, probably at the Rumble? Then Bryan wins the Rumble and beats Miz at Mania.

whoops double posted there.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

DarkstarIV posted:

Excuse me, but we all know The Rock is going to enter the Rumble and win. And then challenge the Big Dog at Wrestlemania, so Roman can have another accolade tacked onto his record. "You are the real people's champ, Roman!!!"

Vince has figured out that he can trick people into thinking Wrestlemania will be good if he puts over somebody people will like at the Rumble, so expect it to be Bryan. Then the WWE championship will go on fourth from the top.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

DarkstarIV posted:

Probably. The two rumble winners this year will likely be Daniel Bryan (Because The Miz) and Charlotte (Because Ronda).

If people keep being turned against Charlotte, expect Becky or Asuka to win the Rumble....and lose at Mania.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

That main event was long and boring and then it became stupid and terrible.

I was wondering how they'd get out of this without burying Braun or having Roman lose. They just didn't book a loving finish.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

achillesforever6 posted:

Sound it sounds like HIAC was an alright show with a bad main that they made because WWE is afraid of definitive finishes because they overthink every detail?

More like half of a good show and half of a crap one.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Y'know, I at least thought for a second there after both guys were F5ed, "Okay, so, Dean and Drew are the only guys here that aren't dead. That's why they brought everybody out, now one of them can drag their guy on top of the other for the pin."

And then the loving ref called for a No Contest.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

All of you people complaining about a babyface roll up win should be ashamed of yourselves. Bret Hart, dangit.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Why are they still doing Elias 'concerts'

Is his character ever going to go anywhere

Because they get a reaction.

No.

(And he shouldn't. Elias is a painfully one dimensional talent.)

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...match-time-list

Roman and Braun were down for 7 and a half minutes before Brock showed up.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

So I am gonna say one good thing about this PPV.

Renee was kind of an empty chair at first but she's picked this up very fast. I was enjoying her last night.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Talent enjoys house shows for whatever that's worth.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Chris James 2 posted:

New Year's Eve is on a Monday and New Year's Day 2019 is Tuesday. Talent will probably have to work both days live/away from families too (Raw crew doing it for the second year in a row because New Year's 2018 was on a Monday) even though taping it in advance would be much easier, quicker, and more generous to the talent who so constantly put their bodies on the line

I actually think they might be taping New Year's the Friday before in Detroit.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont understand why they think i will boo brock: the guy enjoys punching people, taking wwe money for the minimun effort and married sable. the guy is a badass

"Why would I watch the show, Paul?" biggest babyface line of the decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

DarkstarIV posted:

So apparently there are people out there who want to see more Ronda vs Alexa matches.

It's like they didn't watch how awful their match was last night.

It's funny that at SummerSlam they did the squash not because it was exactly the kind of match Ronda vs. Alexa should be but because the show had a billion matches and they needed to cut time. Then at HiaC they did the "real" match and it was garbage. WWE style, folks.

• Locked thread