Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

Rarity posted:

In three months time all the cruiserweights will be managers.

WWE: "See Neville, you could have stayed, we were gonna keep our promise of you being back on the real main roster!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

E! seems to have only nominated Raw for Top Show of the Year in their own award show. Considering they have a partnership with WWE, 2 ongoing shows from that partnership, and like 100 awards to give, they already didn't rig it enough if it all amounts to one nomination

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

It's funny how WWE still thinks we want to see a built that is 70% or more of people talking about Undertaker instead of any meaningful interaction or feud. It feels like the last decade of Undertaker feuds was "guy talks mad poo poo about the Undertaker until Undertaker finally shows up to tell him to cut it out, the feud is on!"

He's a notorious deep sleeper, you gotta poo poo talk him just loud and just long enough for it to really stir the beast awake

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Satin says Simone Johnson, Dwayne's daughter, has been training at the Performance Center recently

Enjoy your increasingly-temporary Asuka/Kairi/Io runs while you can, the vision of the division's long-term future is becoming clearer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm glad Becky started when she did. As tough a time as she's had rising above bad booking and random celebs and nepotism to get to the top of the division, it'd have been impossible even 2 years from now. It's a trend that's only going to be doubled down on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's telling that Triplemania could be as botch-ridden as it was and still unquestionably be better than the best (main roster, because no doubt someone would otherwise quote and swear a Takeover was better like that's in any way what this is being compared to) WWE PPV of the year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Sami would be so proud of Becky right now. Instead of having Sami as a skanking heel can he go back to SD and be a pissed off face with Becky?

By the time he's healthy enough to come back, Becky will have won the belt, lost the belt, seen the error of her ways, turned face again and rejoined Charlotte again, and been drafted to Raw in the shakeup

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

Daniel Bryan came back after not wrestling for like 2 loving years and they put him in a garbage nothing program with his lovely wife and the the worst wrestler on Earth, The Miz, and The Miz's lovely wife.

whoa whoa whoa let me stop you right the gently caress here

He came back and they put him in a garbage nothing program with Big Cass for a couple months, and then that happened

continue, friend

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Vince very likely found that goddamn hilarious, and that's all that matters to him. You have some people trying to justify it as "oh well they are just showing the goofy side of Asuka!!!"

When you could clearly see that neither Naomi or Asuka wanted anything to do with that awful segment. Apparently the audience didn't react to the segment at all either. I think they are intentionally trying to sabotage Asuka at this point, simply because she's more over/popular than Charlotte.

Becky was turned heel (and it seems like WWE is trying to double down on it this week), Naomi is already pretty non-existent, and they are kneecapping Asuka. They are going to turn Charlotte into the female version of Roman Reigns at this rate. Because they are doing/did the same thing with Roman as they are doing with Charlotte. Kneecap anyone else who is even remotely more over than Charlotte because she's the face of the women's division apparently.

If they don't do a double turn at Hell in a Cell, I don't think Charlotte is ever going to turn heel. And the crowd will hijack the Ronda/Charlotte match at Wrestlemania if they keep kneecapping talent that the crowd likes more.

https://twitter.com/WWERoadDogg/sta...242612437958656

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Also rehiring Road Dogg was a mistake

Admitting HHH made a mistake? Bold move to say in a WWE thread

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

wwe is dying due to steph infection

i love you

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TTBF posted:

As long as people watching on tv can see

We couldn't with this, is the thing

dsriggs posted:

Take a look at this cage.

Notice how you can't make out what in the gently caress is going on in the ring because your eye is naturally drawn to the bright-red cage, instead of what's happening inside it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Take a look at this cage.

Notice how you can't make out what in the gently caress is going on in the ring because your eye is naturally drawn to the bright-red cage, instead of what's happening inside it.

Also because I finally found it, the most visible part of the match/the clusterfuck end
https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/s...592834718011393

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/...162358499028992

godspeed matt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

An hour of looking at The Countdown

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Road Dogg's not the only one doing this
https://twitter.com/Goldust/status/1041478022866653184

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ahahahahahahahaahaahahhahahahahahaahahahhahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahaha

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A couple months ago I distinctly recall some posters responding to something in the Raw recap with "this is late-90s WCW tier booking"

This was genuinely late-90s WCW tier booking

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i dunno i've been listening to the retro shows and theres been stupid poo poo but i dunno if its approached this.

maybe once russo jumps ship

Oh yeah there was definitely much much better stuff than this even in that era, but this wouldn't have felt out of place during the worst of it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol Goldust the coward deleted his tweet pulling a Road Dogg and defending the Becky booking and insulting fans with criticisms of it, like the belt was all that ever mattered

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Asuka winning the Smackdown title isn't unheard of

You've been talking about hypothetical scenarios where she could be cared about and win it at any point in the next year for the past 8 months now, believe me, you're making sure it's heard of

I can't think of any one who's had less TV time but still been considered a definite future main champ for sure. Even the diehard Miz fans who swore he'd be a world champ again in the past two years were backed up by him having matches every week and actually being a midcard champ at times

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It was kind of Braun to make sure people forgot about Sandow's cash-in being the worst

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fatherofmustard posted:

I'm sorry dude but you've been making incorrect predictions for months now about Asuka winning the title and I think at this point you just need to accept that she's been Nakamura'd except there's no midcard belt for her to win as a consolation prize.

Also Nakamura doesn't even defend said midcard belt because he's not booked either lol

There were really no successes on even a minor basis from that Rumble and I kinda feel bad for thinking for even a moment it had any potential to be a turning point in their booking, there was no evidence for that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wazzu posted:

Remind me how Sandow's is more pathetic than Baron's cash-in of ambushing Jinder after a match, then getting immediately rolled up?

Corbin getting distracted by handsome John Cena is relatable, Sandow kicking handsome John Cena's rear end for 20 minutes and then immediately losing isn't

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Remember when Bobby Lashley was WWE's big post-Wrestlemania signing and now he hasn't appeared on two straight PPVs

He's confirmed for Super Showdown!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Millions of companies lining up to sponsor https://streamable.com/sznqw

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The only real negative of house shows has always been how much significant injuries seem to happen there

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

WWE has such a big roster they can even afford to give talent house shows off for a couple weeks a year and just cycle other guys in but nope!

New Year's Eve is on a Monday and New Year's Day 2019 is Tuesday. Talent will probably have to work both days live/away from families too (Raw crew doing it for the second year in a row because New Year's 2018 was on a Monday) even though taping it in advance would be much easier, quicker, and more generous to the talent who so constantly put their bodies on the line

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The most surprising gently caress finish in WWE history until the next WWE PPV main event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wandler20 posted:

I did it guys, I finally did it. I've been a Network subscriber since day 1 and I finally axed that poo poo. I'll probably sign back up for the rumble but what's the point of having it until then?

Congrats/thank you friend <3

• Locked thread