Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

D.N. Nation posted:

I like how there was absolutely no huge rollout for the Bella Twins comeback. They.....were ringside at SummerSlam. Then Brie got mad at The Miz. And now they're back full-time, I guess?, wrestling on both shows for reasons. Oh and they're also feuding with the Riott Squadddd, who heretofore were feuding with Sasha and Bayley, hey, remember them? And Ember Moon? She was a person, right? What is happening?

Brie transcends the brand split.

By building up Riott Squad, The Boss and Hug Connection, bringing back the Bellas, this Nattie/Rhonda partnership, the Alexa/Micky/Alicia partnership... I'd swear it's almost like they are getting ready for a Raw Women's Tag Team Championship while Rhonda holds the belt until Wrestlemania and remains undefeated. They actually would have 5 times, which is better than the men's tag division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blaise330 posted:

Cedric should move to the main roster too. I imagine a new nation of domination with him, lashley, apollo, jason jordan, and byron saxton. Instead of being a group of badasses they're just very smiley and lovable and they occasionally do charity work with titus. Finn joins them one day owen hart style when they realize he smiles more than they do.

I'm intrigued by your ideas and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

boar guy posted:

their marketing is insipid as gently caress

im surprised they dont give the network away for an email address, since they choke your inbox with so much bullshit

an hour before RAW, right after RAW, monday mornings, tuesday mornings, an hour before Smackdown, an hour after Smackdown, randomly on weekends, before all NXT and WWE PPVs

like, gimme a loving break. you got my $10 for the sub, i'm not buying your awful merch

Did you not turn that poo poo off immediately or send it directly to junk mail? What are you afraid you are going to miss out on?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blaise330 posted:

7 hours at a bar? Be sure to start slow

I am pretty sure the Buffalo Wild Wings at college hated my group of friends that would be there for 4 hours and not order alcohol.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

boar guy posted:

i have hammered 'unsubscribe' on their website 50 or 60 times and nothing works

There is literally zero reasons that WWE should ever need to email you. Worst case scenario. your billing information is incorrect and your network subscription is unavailable until you log in and figure it out. I literally filter all email from wwe.com to junkmail.

Natural 20 posted:

What I love is their justification saying "He moves the needle."

Okay, so what if you got someone everyone in the crowd actually likes and gave them the same mega push. Would they move the needle? It's like the concept of opportunity cost doesn't exist to these guys.

What bullshit... You're right that you can mega push nearly anybody on the roster and the fans will get behind them.

"Moves the needle" is such a bullshit excuse to keep pushing him. Yeah, you don't want to push someone to the main even that the audience sits on their hands for, but the writers are not giving people a reason to be interested in the majority of the roster.

Like... they consider it a positive that at MITB the audience completely poo poo on Jinder/Reigns just becaues they moved the needle because they were reacting, but hated that the crowd was doing the countdown during Ziggler/Rollins Iron Man match even though they were reacting as well? Or they popped big for Reigns before the Reigns/Joe PPV match where people were chanting beat the traffic and leaving early, but becaues they were not just sitting on their hands or looking at their phones the whole match it was positive? I don't get it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

wyoak posted:

Attitude was admittedly less poo poo than most eras but there was still alot of poo poo

Imagine WWE having a whole roster smaller than the Raw roster now, but you actually gave a poo poo about the majority of the people on the show. That's what they really had going for them in the 2000 Attitude Era.

I am a big proponent that the roster size these days is killing interest in the product. I just cannot give a poo poo about all 200+ people, or however many people they have, with halfhearted pushes of the vast majority of them because there are too many people to write compelling storylines for.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rovert posted:

Hope the 205/NXT block starts an in-ring competitive rivalry among the two brands.

Also hoping and wishing that 205 Live gets taped before Smackdown now.

I assume it depends on which coast they are on. Or else they tape 205 at 4pm when in California

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

dsriggs posted:

Take a look at this cage.

Notice how you can't make out what in the gently caress is going on in the ring because your eye is naturally drawn to the bright-red cage, instead of what's happening inside it.

While it's bad, you're ignoring the fact that the fence is not thin chain link and are these huge metal beams

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they usually have camera guys inside the cell so everyone not in attendance should be able to see absent some wide angle shots

Don't worry, they'll have that big screen above the entrance that shows the action for about 5% of the match when the stage isn't even slightly in the background.

I will say the nice thing about All In was that they had the big screen up the entire night

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The first 5 matches were absolutely great. Then the show turned to poo poo starting with the mixed tag.

Is this why NXT Takeovers are only 5 matches long? Is WWE incapable of booking more than 5 good matches in a night these days?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gavok posted:

This wasn't the first time a Hell in a Cell match ended in a no contest, but the other time was a Russo-written ending, so yeah...

Back in WCW, I remember this Hollywood Hogan vs. Giant match that was infamous because Giant got laid out and remained unconscious as Hogan proceeded to celebrate and cut a promo afterwards. Like, he was down for a long, long time. I'm curious how long that was compared to Roman and Strowman.

That was Hog Wild '96. My god, what a lovely match that was... it was like 95% test of strength and submission holds, and 5% wrestling. I just went back and timed it. From the pinfall to Giant to the helicopter shot of seeing him still in the ring, he was down for 7 minutes 2 seconds.

For tonight's main event, from the last kick out after the table spot to when Brock came in and hit Braun with the table was 7 minutes and 55 seconds of laying down on the mat. Keep in mind, they had just wrestled for 13 minutes 53 seconds prior. So more than 1/3 of the match was those two sleeping in the ring waiting for Brock to arrive.

And I was the guy complaining about Cody sleeping outside the ring for 5 minutes at All In.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

tweet my meat posted:

Becky won 100 percent clean, or at least 80 or 90 percent.

She countered her opponents finisher, it wasn't just a roll up. Would have liked to see the tapout after all that arm work, but this was good too.

It was kind of like NXT Takeover Rival when Sasha won the title by pinning Charlotte. Sasha tried to get the submission, but ended up weakening Charlotte so much she was able to get the pin . Not winning with her finisher didn't take away form the win.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Starrcade happened last year as well. And we don't know if this will be televised or not (last year's wasn't). Probably not since TLC is only a few weeks after it but still.

Honestly... who the hell cares what the show is called? You present the exact same card at a house show, nobody cares. Advertise it as "Starrcade" and people get all pissed. Like, it's a house show with the same matches we just saw on PPV, but a near zero chance that anything important will happen like a title change because it won't be televised.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RealFoxy posted:

I don't have a problem with that because it happens every other HIAC match but ending in a no-contest is very lol because it's supposed to be the end-all WWE gimmick match and it never really has been. You can give the attitude era a pass because ratings, attendance, and buzz were through the roof but lol they still won't fully pull the trigger on Roman and just let him win matches like Cena did

But it's a No DQ match. At the very least, somebody crawls over the dead body of the other person and a ref counts the pin. Brock could have F5ed Roman onto Braun and had a ref count it, that would have been acceptable, to me at least.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

drrockso20 posted:

If we're being honest I wonder why they even bother doing House Shows anymore, I doubt they form a notable chunk of the company's income at all anymore, and it would probably improve the televised content a little cause the talent would be working less

a huge chunk of the roster would never get a chance to work matches in front of a crowd without them.

MassRafTer posted:

WWE has such a big roster they can even afford to give talent house shows off for a couple weeks a year and just cycle other guys in but nope!

Why rotate the roster out when you can just start a 4th or 5th traveling roster for more house shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Incessant Excess posted:

I think it was some goddamnits and they didn't get all of them.

They show Randy Orton putting a screwdriver through Hardy's ear, but we can't hear someone say Goddamnit?

• Locked thread