Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

a bard who's only talent is his clerking ability, but boy can he file a brief!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu

a monk who's drunk, but isn't really a master of it. just a social drinker.

Quidthulhu

a druid who doesn't recycle, cause she's so ~*~edgy~*~

Quidthulhu

a warlock

City of Glompton

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Stooge

Three halflings stacked inside a trenchcoat on a quest to get a drink at a tavern.

Twenty Four

Thinking about making a wizard whos main spells are conjuring food and making wine given a source of water. No weapons proficiencies. Also he can self resurrect, but it's only a one time use. Just trying to think of a name, maybe something starting with a J?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Barnstormer- This character class dreams of the day that someone, anyone- invents an aircraft. THEN the character class can storm barns! Until that time, the character will spend all their time with their arms extended, wing-like, while making buzzing sounds with their mouth, pretending to be an airplane.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

wearing a lampshade

The scholar, which sounds good but is just an excuse for people to be able to say "well actually" in-character.

wearing a lampshade

Stooge posted:

Three halflings stacked inside a trenchcoat on a quest to get a drink at a tavern.

Sextuple-wielding was too difficult a mechanic for this class to ever really become popular.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The Thief/Cleric/Magic User/Sorcerer/Bard/Warrior/Paladin/Necromancer- this class can't do anything at all ever because of the massive exp penalties incurred by multiclassing. This is essentially a worse class than a Barnstormer. At least a Barnstormer has an armor proficiency!

wearing a lampshade

Splatmaster posted:

The Thief/Cleric/Magic User/Sorcerer/Bard/Warrior/Paladin/Necromancer- this class can't do anything at all ever because of the massive exp penalties incurred by multiclassing. This is essentially a worse class than a Barnstormer. At least a Barnstormer has an armor proficiency!

Yeah and you can say "barnstormer" while throwing the horns. I just tried to do that while saying thief/cleric/magic user/sorcerer/bard/warrior/paladin/necromancer and my manilla road records spontaneously combusted

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

albany academy posted:

Yeah and you can say "barnstormer" while throwing the horns. I just tried to do that while saying thief/cleric/magic user/sorcerer/bard/warrior/paladin/necromancer and my manilla road records spontaneously combusted

I would burn that D20 myself, the saving throws it rolls suck!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Splatmaster posted:

I would burn that D20 myself, the saving throws it rolls suck!

True story- When I used to play years ago if I rolled a 1 for a save that die would end up destroyed, either by being crushed in a huge vice I had, or burned with a propane torch. Or both. I don't play much because I usually end up DMing, so the dice are safe. For now...

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Roll Player- the character class is only used for when a critical roll is needed. This player, like a Bard, enhances the abilities of other players, unlike a Bard however the class has no useful abilities at all- they just roll dice and disappear into the shadows when they are done.

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust
the berzerker - genuinely insane man (topless) who has to roll a skill check for any action that is not "unintelligible grunt" or "maniacal chortle"

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

Meeksha

Ask me how!
-freb dust
the sailor - drinks constantly and tells tales of his high-sea adventures. he commonly misuses sailor-related jargon, calling into question the legitimacy of his stories. automatically succeeds any skill check for action descriptions containing a hard "ARRR" sound.

-----

kalel

A regular human being who happens to have achrondroplasia

Meeksha

Ask me how!
-freb dust
the goth - shambles about slowly. has high values for both sneak and need-for-attention stats. has innate special skill - "type-o-negative CD" - that enables them to sit out of any combat, yet retains their ability to mope/complain.

-----

Manifisto

the shadow

a character that is literally a shadow and has no independent ability to do or say anything

could be a shadow of anything, pick a thing

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Bargoyle- Player character that only likes a campaign that begins in a tavern; they get drunk or stoned, and forget what happens the next day until reminded by the others in the group.

Dungeon Ecology

recently divorced cleric. makes passive aggressive comments about Deborah whenever possible

Manifisto

elgar the taintmancer

comprehensive mastery of spells and wizardry that pertain to the taint, such as:

* cure light taint wounds
* detect taint
* speak with taints
* burning taint
* invisibility (of taint)

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

elgar the taintmancer

comprehensive mastery of spells and wizardry that pertain to the taint, such as:

* cure light taint wounds
* detect taint
* speak with taints
* burning taint
* invisibility (of taint)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Stooge posted:

Macnult

a bard whos preferred genre is lo-fi

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Macnult posted:

Quidthulhu

Macnult posted:

lol

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Macnult posted:

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
A cleric who only performs religious rites. Daily powers include: mattens, summon votive candle, and Power Word: Humility.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
A ranger with favored enemy of grouse. Hates fighting, but knows a dozen recipes for grouse.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Phillipa the Psionic Stoner. Vast mental potential, no short term memory.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
10ft-by-10ft Gelatinous Cube Man

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
A half-elf bard who wants the party to play in her game of Offices and Obligations. She has the Actuary's Compendium!!!

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Doug, the Level One Townsfolk. Refuses to level up. Puts all of his skill points into Craft: Rope Making and Barter. Planning to take one level of the prestige class Donkey Owner someday.

FutonForensic

Capitalist (Lawful Good)
+2 INT +3 WIS +3 CHA

Features
Bootstrapping: Using your WIS modifier, your hard-earned entrepreneurship skills grant you advantage on all income checks, compared to your party members, who simply need to apply themselves

Trickle-Down: Every time you earn more than 50 GP, you are supposed to evenly distribute the surplus gold to your party members. Supposed to, heheh. EHEHEH

Angel Investor: Whenever another creature questions your value to society, use your CHA modifier to persuade them that you are helping small-time merchants achieve the Forgotten Realms Dream by buying their business, and then closing their business. Then block the creature on Twitter

kalel

FutonForensic posted:

Capitalist (Lawful Good)
+2 INT +3 WIS +3 CHA

Features
Bootstrapping: Using your WIS modifier, your hard-earned entrepreneurship skills grant you advantage on all income checks, compared to your party members, who simply need to apply themselves

Trickle-Down: Every time you earn more than 50 GP, you are supposed to evenly distribute the surplus gold to your party members. Supposed to, heheh. EHEHEH

Angel Investor: Whenever another creature questions your value to society, use your CHA modifier to persuade them that you are helping small-time merchants achieve the Forgotten Realms Dream by buying their business, and then closing their business. Then block the creature on Twitter

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
pyromancer

can communicate with fire. fire is as knowledgeable at any subject as youd expect

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FutonForensic posted:

Capitalist (Lawful Good)
+2 INT +3 WIS +3 CHA

Features

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Early morning door to door recruitment cleric.

• Locked thread