Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
On an Xbone pad the main controls to rebind were afterburners (which I put on right bumper since sublight is a much less useful control) and "target nearest hostile" which I put on left bumper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I manually flipped my up and down (pitch? Yaw?) on my left stick.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Remote User posted:

Trying to map an X52 for this game is like cutting the head off of a Hydra. You map one function, and two un-mapped keys arise. Love this game, but the controls are abysmal.

The controls have a bunch of context overlap because it's made to work with gamepads. Look at what they are and keep the overlap when you rebind, because it kinda expects it.

My advice: don't bother with the throttle part of your X52, go with stick + keyboard. I was doing that before I had to abandon the stick and I didn't miss a throttle. Speed control just isn't that important, I don't think there's anything like in x-wing where turn rate changes based on throttle. And rather than try to match velocity with targets you can just cut inertia dampeners and strafe 'em.

Top tip to the other gamepad users: by default there's no control bound on gamepad for inertia damper cut. It's a super useful feature! A) to de-fang turrets on capital ships, and B) to kill some of the heavy fighters that have the evasive pattern where they actually slow down and try to hide in your blind spot rather than run away. These guys suck if you're just using auto-pursue because auto-pursue matches speed, leaving you a sitting duck and you still can't hit the target. But if you cut inertia as soon as they break off they're helpless, you can open up some space to make targeting easy.

I put it on right stick forward.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Holding down the decelerate button (O on a ds4) cuts inertia, you don't have to bind it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Got my refund, took over 9 days of emails back and forth between 5 people. Might buy it when it drops again on Steam, after all the polish and mods come out.

The soundtrack is pretty amazing. I "may" have ripped that before the refund went through.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Holding down the decelerate button (O on a ds4) cuts inertia, you don't have to bind it.

Ha, didn't know that! Gonna keep the dedicated control though, one reason I put it there is because my thumb is on the right stick for ECM.

ECM early, ECM often.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well I've already gotten several hours out of the game and while it's not perfect, it definitely hits all of the right buttons when it comes to a Privateer successor. Some thoughts of mine:

1. Money seems hilariously easy to come by once you have a mining laser and scanner. I don't know what the intended pacing of the game is but there's no reason to do most of the missions when you can get an order of magnitude better payout by cracking open an asteroid and tractoring up anything more valuable than gold.

2. The combination of autocannons and photon cannons is pretty brutal. Because they have the same projectile velocity you can get a more consistent attack.

3. Hiding color coding behind a radar level is dumb. If I can't escape because of hostile craft then I should be told where they are from the beginning. Maybe make more advanced sensor systems provide a boost to counter ECM or something.

4. Only having a limited number of ships is pretty lame. I hope there's a mod that permanently disables cockpit view in exchange for allowing you to fly more ships.

5. I wish there way an option to permanently disable cockpit view so that I could switch between third person and turret view more efficiently.

6. The lack of a tutorial is really, really loving irritating.

7. The game needs to do a better job about warning you about missions you can't take on. For example missions requiring you to find 9 container of soy paste or whatever can't be done in the starting system.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

4. Only having a limited number of ships is pretty lame. I hope there's a mod that permanently disables cockpit view in exchange for allowing you to fly more ships.

Travis has already said that more ships are in the pipeline as free patches, but that's probably only going to happen after the console launch.

quote:

7. The game needs to do a better job about warning you about missions you can't take on. For example missions requiring you to find 9 container of soy paste or whatever can't be done in the starting system.

You can always hunt traders or ask bartenders for hidden stashes. But you get 20k for the jump drive pretty easily.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I have like 30 rumors of hidden stashes and have yet to actually find a single one when I jump to the specified grid location and scan

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

mp5 posted:

I have like 30 rumors of hidden stashes and have yet to actually find a single one when I jump to the specified grid location and scan

You have to jump to a few locations inside the grid to find it. Each square is something like half a million kilometers a side I think.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You have to jump to a few locations inside the grid to find it. Each square is something like half a million kilometers a side I think.

One time, I tried jumping to the four corners of a specified grid square and then the center, and then gave up when nothing came up on the scanner

Whatever the reward is it can't possibly be worth the trial and error if there's no other way to deduce where the object actually is.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

mp5 posted:

One time, I tried jumping to the four corners of a specified grid square and then the center, and then gave up when nothing came up on the scanner

Whatever the reward is it can't possibly be worth the trial and error if there's no other way to deduce where the object actually is.

It's not, at least with the one I did.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Re: investigate such-and-such grid coordinates, waypoint to the center of that grid square. Once there, zoom the map in close, but not so close that it jumps down to the view where you can see ships. Look for an asteroid field, debris cloud, nebula, or other feature. The stash will always be in that.

And no, they're not worth your time. It's the same stuff as when you get a distress call and find a black box. You get some random trade items that may or may not have bad guys defending them. If there were semi-unique guns or equipment variants to find that would be cool, but once again that's a place where this game falls short.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

2. The combination of autocannons and photon cannons is pretty brutal. Because they have the same projectile velocity you can get a more consistent attack.
Yep. And it's not just about having the same projectile velocity, they're also just flat-out more DPS than anything else. Autocannon + photon does 270 effective DPS from two guns. Two of the tachyon guns do 236 effective. So even when you ignore the energy cost they're the best weapons in the game.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

3. Hiding color coding behind a radar level is dumb. If I can't escape because of hostile craft then I should be told where they are from the beginning. Maybe make more advanced sensor systems provide a boost to counter ECM or something.
Yep, someone previously said ITT that's how Privateer did it and this game is supposed to be a clone of Privateer or something.

Probably if I was designing it I'd make radar not an item at all and instead have the lead indicators be a component. (Every ship has 2 component slots, only two components exist, why?) Actually I'd steal a trick from Neir and have the

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You can abandon the random non-plot missions at any time for no penalty.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The under the hood prank with the "better" radars is they sneak in a higher energy cost.

Because it's not enough that you had to pay $85,000 for all three standard issue UI elements at once, you also need to have to take 3 energy per second. For a comparison, the repair drone takes 5 energy per second.

Seems color is particularly energy intensive :v: For example, the Lock on and ITTS one I've been using forever is 1 energy, and costs 34k While lock on+Color is 2 energy, and also costs 50k.

Sure it sounds like a small difference. But it can add up, particularly if you're in the "Only mk2 tops" ships, or pre-patch when the Blood Eagle was mk2/3 shields/power.

So basically, the issue is it is Just Not Worth It for many people. Regardless of how oldschool or not the concept is.

Though I expect there are many out there who would suggest something like "Make target nearest enemy not work without enemy color coding! Then they CAN'T say it's not worth it :pseudo:" and miss the point.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 26, 2019

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I've tried running with the best monochrome radar to save an extra 2Gj, but it's not worth it. You really want the better situation awareness from color.

I've only tried it briefly so far, but what was surprisingly fun on a demolition mission was 2 tachyons and 4 mini-torps on a Coyote. Right now, I'm playing with 4 gauss; the 8000m/s projectile speed is certainly a pleasant change from the usual photon/AC setup, but even with only gauss guns, energy management is a bitch.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I mean... I just played Normal so I just got all that from the start.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I played Old School and got the old school Privateer experience of flying a space shitmobile with terrible radar for a while.

Felt great, like driving a Volvo with a tape deck again.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Section Z posted:

The under the hood prank with the "better" radars is they sneak in a higher energy cost.

I've done some further experiments: I still don't think it's worth it to play without color-coding, but you only need ITTS when you're using weapons with different projectile speeds. (It's only a minor loss that you can't see which of your guns are in range.) And you only need locking when your using swarm/imrec/heatseeker missiles. You can skip that too if you're going with dumbfires and EMPs. So you definitely can save those extra 2GJ if you want to use energy weapons.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Hannibal Rex posted:

I've done some further experiments: I still don't think it's worth it to play without color-coding, but you only need ITTS when you're using weapons with different projectile speeds. (It's only a minor loss that you can't see which of your guns are in range.) And you only need locking when your using swarm/imrec/heatseeker missiles. You can skip that too if you're going with dumbfires and EMPs. So you definitely can save those extra 2GJ if you want to use energy weapons.

Out of curiosity. While it is nice to have full color UI, what is the make or break situation that "Enemies are red" is changing things for you?

Are you accidentally shooting mining ships and lone cops a lot? Because 90% of combat the only ships around are enemy ships anyways. If there was more frequent allied combat (and they didn't spend so much time being nearly useless), I could see wanting to reduce the amount of times hitting the Nearest Hostile button seems bound and determined to target a police officer loitering near you instead of distant, but not distance enough, final pirate preventing docking.

Though none of that really justifies charging extra energy for it, even if minor. In fact, if you honestly feel that traditional UI element was integral to your QoL? It only further highlights the situation. Unless you want to fully embrace the sleazy used car salesman nature of the fiction I guess. Then I could see it.

"Is it worth charging you that much, and the extra couple of space volts? Juno, you don't want your dead husband to think you don't appreciate immersion do yah?"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 29, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I haven't had Nearest Hostile target a friendly ever, so the colors didn't seem like a big deal to me. Maybe they turn off hostile targeting at higher difficulties? I dunno.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Well, with enemy reinforcements spawn instantly right on top of you, I like being able to see when I'm about to be overwhelmed. Or when there's a big slugging match, you can much more easily see which side is winning, or how close you are to finishing off the last enemies, etc. And I don't shoot traders and cops by accident; I shoot them on purpose, living the pirate life.

I like the trade-off in theory, but in practice it's one more reason why auto-cannons & photons is the one true load-out. When you're using those as your primary weapons, you have plenty of energy left to use the comfort options.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

I think it's useful to tell how is on your tail, burning through your rear shields. If you yourself is tailing somebody, using nearest enemy won't always help. Color coding is just great for situational awareness without needing to use the targeting mode.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Color coding is not necessary at all. It is a warm blanket for certain pilots.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
The uncolored radar kinda sucks because the grey dots have no visual contrast. Even when every blip is an enemy, I find it more difficult to use the radar for both the corner of the eye situational awareness and when looking at it to pick through targets. It's worse of some cockpits with brighter display lines on the radar screen.

And while you can get through most any fight by using target nearest hostile, I think it makes fights slower (gotta turn around a lot) and is bad if you need to protect anything.

Now, the ITTS feature of the highest grade radar is the one I'd argue is useless. If half your guns are going to miss the problem isn't solved by having a visual indicator of that fact. Also, I find at long range -- ie the situation where 2 guns would have high divergence in lead pips -- it's very difficult to hit targets unless they're flying in straight lines, which they only do during attack runs. Even the 8000 m/s bullets are only effective to like 3-4 km against moving targets.

Mailer posted:

I haven't had Nearest Hostile target a friendly ever, so the colors didn't seem like a big deal to me. Maybe they turn off hostile targeting at higher difficulties? I dunno.

I've had this happen but not recently, they might have patched it to be better.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Maybe part of why I haven't cared that much enemies are a generic color if you don't pay the fun tax (Outside of distinguishing them from allies not... really mattering in a game like this), is an odd bit of hindsight.

The most dangerous aspect of any fight is missile spam, or being surrounded by so many ships you can't miss em. Missiles are still red. So when enemies are not red, missiles stand out even more to me to deal with, when the beeping and computer voice warnings are not the most notable thin in a clusterfuck.

Which has done a lot more for my own personal tastes of "It helps my situational awareness", I guess. Though with how corkscrew and turn prone enemy fighters are in 'flight' rather than 'fight' mindset (or even gunships on certain missions. I highly desire that "Wreck" classified ship that one Sharky mission). I guess I can see how more visual pop on surrounding enemies would help when in a more consistent flight experience it wouldn't matter.

Of course, I also get a ton of mileage out of the ITTS (another 'should have been default') feature because I love playing around with gun variety and have even turned off aim assist of late. Veteran still allowing "Flight assist=Aim assist" so the billionth Two Pirates Block Your Jump is over before the one liners finish, while still spending the extra time landing hits on fighters in missions.

On that note, 90% of aim assist feels like ensuring your shots already dead on with the shot leads won't trace an outline around a small fighter at range or while they corkscrew. A quirk that really stood out to me when I was playing with 6km range, high speed projectile Trions again. I can consistently nail dumbfire rockets at 5km out... While against some of the smaller fighters, long range space lasers were not connecting until the enemy flying in a straight line head on at me were somehow missing the mark until they got a bit closer.

If it was a purely matter of "Have you tried, making your shots lined up on the crosshair against the kamikaze charging fighter... even MORE on the crosshair?", then the slow unguided rockets would be what miss at that distance right? :v: Part of why I stopped using Gauss/Trions with Assist Off (As amazing as they felt with it on, my Sonora used Trion+tracer). Because they didn't feel reliable until auto cannon range anyways without Aim Assist.

Thankfully the game isn't really all that dangerous outside of "Are you being spammed, yes/no?" unless you are deliberately handicapping yourself by sticking to mk2 gear forever. So that's only stood out as kinda awkward rather than a challenge. Currently I'm using a wildly impractical but also satisfying feeling x2 autos and x4 Tachyons. The shop screen ETA is a tiny 5.7 seconds, and I love every minute of it :allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 29, 2019

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Seems like a weird design choice that the radar always switches to text instead of your target to let you know you picked up steel, and also can only tell you there is a pirate or adze, can’t display both at once.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Version 1.15 Patch Notes
*New Shielded Jumpdrive (expensive!) can be purchased to protect you from Risky Jumpgate damage

^^^ Holy moly they added the thing that I couldn't believe didn't exist. Now red jumps aren't stupidly pointless because they take more time to repair / reload than it does to just go around the long way.

Also apparently they screwed up some unicode thing, if you don't have 1.16 already don't launch 1.15 and reload epic store to check for updates. Some people have had either contorl bindings or savegames disappear.

YeahWhatevah
Oct 28, 2013
(OP) "Game is out, game is good."

(Dev) "It's a space combat sim in the vein of Privateer."

Shut Up!

(Dev) "...for you oldsters like me with fond memories of starting a game with a potato and a laser, and scrounging for every last piece of equipment, Veteran is where it's at."

Shut loving Up!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
<segue>

(Dev) "Gamepad is 100% the best way, in our opinion..."

Jezuz - no seriously shut the gently caress up.

(Dev) "When and where can I get it? Right now! Currently only on the epic games store."

Mother of all loving god shut the gently caress up!

Okay, okay, this looks like this is one of the first to come out of EGS's web of poo poo and it's right up my alley. If you all didn't grok it, the first two quote blocks were in awe, the second two... well, not so much. No loyalties to Steam nor anachronistic controllers, just, don't tie me down bro/sis!

<watches original OP release vid>

Ok this is cool. I'm onboard, after the Epic bullshit has passed... Still, a loving gamepad? Seriously?...

Release on GoG ASAP please.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Klyith posted:

Version 1.15 Patch Notes
*New Shielded Jumpdrive (expensive!) can be purchased to protect you from Risky Jumpgate damage

^^^ Holy moly they added the thing that I couldn't believe didn't exist. Now red jumps aren't stupidly pointless because they take more time to repair / reload than it does to just go around the long way.

Also apparently they screwed up some unicode thing, if you don't have 1.16 already don't launch 1.15 and reload epic store to check for updates. Some people have had either contorl bindings or savegames disappear.

It's $180k. Though I'm surprised they didn't mention it's other claim to fame. The shop description also claim a higher fuel capacity. So that is a nice "Well, I've got nothing else to spend my 800k on" purchase even if you ignore red gates (or just realize how often it would take as long to use a red gate as the long way around).

Even if it having "Eight jumps, up from six(?)" may not sound impressive for the asking price, I can't remember any long haul job offer longer than 7 jumps. So it should make at least a light difference.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Seems like a weird design choice that the radar always switches to text instead of your target to let you know you picked up steel, and also can only tell you there is a pirate or adze, can’t display both at once.
The #1 drawback to that is losing the distance meter (Put it one by the crosshair? That would be crazy). Funny enough, you only really notice this being a hindrance in 1st person, and not using flight assist.

3rd person you have the spatial awareness to avoid collisions caused by enemies doing a brake check as soon as they leave your Blood Eagle's cockpit view. While flight assist will try to adjust your speed to deal with it.

But in first person manual flight? "Oh, I lost the enemy. Better turn towa-*SLAM*" events go up unless I hit the brakes more often.

I have seen the MFD spam defended on the internet as "Just keep hitting the MFD button again!" Which just feels like picking the most absolutely literal technicality to claim "That means there is a workaround! :pseudo:" that you would need to use nonstop.

While wishlisting more basic UI. I'd like it if ships with a bounty on them had a more overt marker. May as well wish all these destroyers and cruisers interrupting a coyote with an empty cargo hold ever have a bounty on them, too. A couple black market weapons that might spill out the back when it dies are not worth Juno's time except for the first couple just to show that I can :byewhore: Especially when rescuing a police officer begging for help results in immediate HOLD FOR CONTRABAND SCAN most of the time anyways :sigh:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 30, 2019

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

YeahWhatevah posted:

(OP) "Game is out, game is good."

(Dev) "It's a space combat sim in the vein of Privateer."

Shut Up!

(Dev) "...for you oldsters like me with fond memories of starting a game with a potato and a laser, and scrounging for every last piece of equipment, Veteran is where it's at."

Shut loving Up!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
<segue>

(Dev) "Gamepad is 100% the best way, in our opinion..."

Jezuz - no seriously shut the gently caress up.

(Dev) "When and where can I get it? Right now! Currently only on the epic games store."

Mother of all loving god shut the gently caress up!

Okay, okay, this looks like this is one of the first to come out of EGS's web of poo poo and it's right up my alley. If you all didn't grok it, the first two quote blocks were in awe, the second two... well, not so much. No loyalties to Steam nor anachronistic controllers, just, don't tie me down bro/sis!

<watches original OP release vid>

Ok this is cool. I'm onboard, after the Epic bullshit has passed... Still, a loving gamepad? Seriously?...

Release on GoG ASAP please.

source your quotes

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Section Z posted:

It's $180k. Though I'm surprised they didn't mention it's other claim to fame. The shop description also claim a higher fuel capacity. So that is a nice "Well, I've got nothing else to spend my 800k on" purchase even if you ignore red gates (or just realize how often it would take as long to use a red gate as the long way around).

Even if it having "Eight jumps, up from six(?)" may not sound impressive for the asking price, I can't remember any long haul job offer longer than 7 jumps. So it should make at least a light difference.

$180k is easy, you run out of things to spend money on somewhere past the halfway point. It's only the grinding for money early on that's hellish. The loyalty missions for all the companions in late game dump tons of cash on you. It's kinda dumb, those missions require a high-end loadout but when you have the ship for it you're out of things to buy (or close to it).

And yeah I've run out of jump fuel and had to stop for gas like once or twice ever. Though I do stop in stations somewhat more often that some other people might do, because I don't use a repair bot. So occasionally I have to stop to pay someone to hammer out the dents.

Section Z posted:

3rd person you have the spatial awareness to avoid collisions caused by enemies doing a brake check as soon as they leave your Blood Eagle's cockpit view. While flight assist will try to adjust your speed to deal with it.

But in first person manual flight? "Oh, I lost the enemy. Better turn towa-*SLAM*" events go up unless I hit the brakes more often.

Start using the inertia slide more, the enemies that use that evasion pattern are easy meat with that. What they're doing is trying to stay behind you. When you turn to re-acquire you bleed speed, so they reduce speed and try to get closer to your tail, and you kinda mutually spiral into a collision.

Go inertialess and then turn to bear = your tail is impossible to get to, they just fly aimlessly in a straight line.

Excellent post / username combo

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Klyith posted:

$180k is easy, you run out of things to spend money on somewhere past the halfway point. It's only the grinding for money early on that's hellish. The loyalty missions for all the companions in late game dump tons of cash on you. It's kinda dumb, those missions require a high-end loadout but when you have the ship for it you're out of things to buy (or close to it).

And yeah I've run out of jump fuel and had to stop for gas like once or twice ever. Though I do stop in stations somewhat more often that some other people might do, because I don't use a repair bot. So occasionally I have to stop to pay someone to hammer out the dents.

Start using the inertia slide more, the enemies that use that evasion pattern are easy meat with that. What they're doing is trying to stay behind you. When you turn to re-acquire you bleed speed, so they reduce speed and try to get closer to your tail, and you kinda mutually spiral into a collision.

Go inertialess and then turn to bear = your tail is impossible to get to, they just fly aimlessly in a straight line.

Excellent post / username combo
I mean, I pointed out having 800K and nothing to spend it on, so obviously I don't consider money an issue either :v: I figured it would be nice to let people know the price point, since 180k for a luxury jump drive won't feel like a priority earlier in the game while you are still shopping for your first new ship. Before you reach that nice, comfortable complacency about your income options. (Something I'm very glad happens sooner rather than later in this game).

Also, "Use the strafe button more" isn't really related to "Man, is sure is awkward a basic UI element keeps vanishing. Nobody would even HAVE this problem otherwise". Though I do love me some drifting. Just lazily turning and letting an AI stubbornly in "Must. Shoot. Player." mode fly right into your gunfire as you float backwards works for a fat durston just as well as a Coyote :allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 30, 2019

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
This is an old video, but I hadn't seen it before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83MAR5H5fAQ

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
At this point I would love a ship with just 1 gun and like 6 turrets.

And for their to also be some more turret types to buy.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Dravs posted:

At this point I would love a ship with just 1 gun and like 6 turrets.

And for their to also be some more turret types to buy.

I want a big slow ship with too many turrets and I will call it The Lazy Susan.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
I wanted to do one more paint job before I finished the game and put it away. Overall my verdict is mixed but positive, I just wish the mod tools had released at launch or I'd not played until later because most of my negatives are just wanting more stuff.

Coyote this time, and I have returned once again to Glorious Nippon.

(I swear I'm not a complete weeb, I was just looking through crap on my PC for inspiration and found a old vectorized wallpaper take on The Great Wave. Once I'd picked that the theme was pretty set. The Coyote is a complete bitch to paint btw, if I'd realized I would have done the Dingo. The texture isn't laid out like the other ships, poo poo is all jumbled waaaay to close together. I actually did most of the body color in GIMP and even that was v tedious.)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yo that poo poo is dope.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Do you ever need lots of cargo space for campaign missions outside of Bountiful Vista?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
The only thing that's come up so far was a side mission for Richter needing 4 gold ore and 4 ceramics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Hwurmp posted:

Do you ever need lots of cargo space for campaign missions outside of Bountiful Vista?

Hannibal Rex posted:

The only thing that's come up so far was a side mission for Richter needing 4 gold ore and 4 ceramics.
And even missions that don't have two distinct small loads like the above, will let you drop em off in batches of five.

They do not tell you this ahead of time. So "How do I delivery 10 whiskey without changing ships?" is an understandably common question. Though having QoL and forgetting to tell anyone it was there, beats not having it at all.