Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not Operator posted:

It can't be overstated what an astounding DM Murph is, by the way. Fantastic voices, keeps the pace of the game up, and manages to keep an interesting, twisting plot going while still rolling with all his players bullshit.

I also love "Finish Him." Its a brilliant little flourish and a clever addition.

He's one of the only male GMs who can do a woman's voice without making it a goddamn joke.

I'm pissed that Emily said, "the fungus among us" because I had used that line in the little game I'm building. She must have hacked into my computer and stolen it. There is literally no other explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

C'mon, PawPaw. Get back in my overalls!

https://i.imgur.com/LbAqwjZ.mp4

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there any fan art of the Paw Paw healing spirit?
That cracks me up every time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Moonshine is my favorite because she is very maternal and extremely horny.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

"Y'all, can you get pregnant in a threesome?"
-Moonshine, the best drat character of all time

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

NeuroticLich posted:

TAZ liveshows are fun to be at live, but man do I find myself never finishing them when they’re released on the feed. Haven’t even listened to yesterday’s, even though it’s my absolute favorite show.

I like them alright and you gotta give each one a shot because that wrestling one was BONKERS.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mike12345 posted:

Listened to one of the recent pirate episodes, that is a really fun podcast. Is the quality good from the get go, ie can I start listening with ep. 1?

Oh absolutely listen from the beginning. There are continuing plot threads throughout. The pirate arc kinda does its own thing but you meet Apple Stumper, err, Crumper... Bumper? and she's a delight.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

"You know, if you think about it Balnor, pockets are like bags for your pants."

I don't readily invite these sorts of comparisons but I find NADD funny more frequently than TAZ.

It's just the perfect mix of wholesome and disgusting.

"Halfling Tupperware" comes to mind.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Farg posted:

holy poo poo, the foursome

Latest episode
It's so great that the reason Moonshine took a point in Barbarian was because of her frustrations with Balnor.

Shut up, it's canon!

Also her getting three 20s in a row is BONKERS.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah, who needs bones!?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Farg posted:

I love you. You will marry me??

Okay

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not Operator posted:

Hey, throwing this out there, Short Rest is fully worth the $5/m.

That's really good to know. I'm a tad gun-shy when it comes to having MORE Patreon subs.

Hey U Up is very funny, by the way and I intend to watch Hot Date (Netflix) this weekend.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

"I am very rich. You are very stupid, I love you."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ArchRanger posted:

Jesus this episode was hilarious from start to finish and Hardwon is definitely going to ugly cry in public by the time this arc is over.

You just KNOW that The Pale Prince is gonna be jacked and cool as hell. I kinda hate that Bev already mentioned it. Kinda killed the inertia of that (possible) joke.

I hope PP is super nice to the Two Crew without any secret evil plan. It'll all go to poo poo because Hardwon (one?) will not be able to suppress his insecurities.

gently caress me, I love this show. I don't really draw anymore but I'm thinking of making some fan art.

Edit: I'm dumb

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 5, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

tsob posted:

Double posting with a quick question I forgot to include last time. Murph mentions another podcast called "Dimension 20" during the latest episode that he's playing with a different DM and I can't find it so I was wondering if it's going under a different name or not released on the app I use or something. I use Pocket Cast for reference.

I think it's a live show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-eY2tDgXsY

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not Operator posted:

Watched every episode of Hot Date last night.

Watch it if you like to laugh, or if you want to watch Emily and Murph make out.

So did I!
It's very relatable and I'm not sure what that says about my relationship.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay so, if you were on the fence about supporting the Patreon, I think you should.

I didn't really want to listen to 20+ short rests, especially because I knew what would happen buuuuuuut...

It's fun to see their theories about what's to come when you already know. Sometimes they are SO CLOSE except one critical point.

Also has on of my favorite Bev lines, "I don't want to be evil! I JUST WANT TO HAVE WINGS!"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Caldwell/Beverly has a youtube channel called Drawfee that is also pretty fun, if you're looking for more content (arr).

That's actually how I found out about this show.

They did a video with Justin and Griffin McElroy which got me to subscribe in the first place.

Good stuff!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

timp posted:

Bumping to remind everyone that this show owns bones. How cool was all that eyeless/faceless Akarot stuff in the last episode? Very creepy and both a cool way to world build and drive the plot.

Listening to Short Rest and hearing them theorycraft this happening some 6 eps. before.

I love this show so much, I think I may do some fan art.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Balnor being a Janissary would make me happy.

The Band of Boobs keep forgetting is that Balnor is a Halfling. I always picture him as a dadbod human but no, he's a goddamn Hobbit.

Unless WW1 had secret agents from the Shire, he couldn't have been scooped from there.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ArchRanger posted:

My theory is that Balnor is from the Shadowrun universe since I don't know of any others with both a California and halflings. I mean, unless he's from D20 Modern or something more obscure like a home brew campaign.

It's a safe bet that it's a homebrew situation. Murph has homebrewed this whole thing so far, it would be weird to stop just for this one thing.

I think he's from future Bahoomia (sp?). Hopefully they will drip feed some more details soon. I don't want him to be a child of Bev or anything but maybe a member of the Neo Green Knights.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Liv Tyler's Immortal Pussy Juice

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not Operator posted:

I love every time Hardwon talks poo poo about Coldain, because it's impossible to tell how much is good role-playing and how much actual real adult man Jake Hurwitz getting jealous of an imaginary ex's new boyfriend.

Once more, the big treat of the Short Rest is hearing how into it they all are.

It reminds me a lot of manic Jake from Jake and Amir.
A normally calm dude being super defensive and lovely because he's being slightly criticized.

That opening "fight" in the latest episode made me feel genuinely terrible. He didn't deserve that!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Band of Boobs murdering a giant slave to sleep in his guts but then having a moral crisis about releasing some rams back into their natural habitat is extremely on brand.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does anyone subscribe to DropOut?

I really like all the shows but wonder if they update frequently enough to justify the cost.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That bird is gonna come back like the dragon in Divinity.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Where is the second episode of Trinyvale? The short rest for it popped up, only.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Trineyvale ep 2 is now in the main feed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not Operator posted:

Now that I've had it for a week, I can't for sure say DropOut is worth permanently subscribing to. They have technically been updating everything, but I can see myself unsubscribing once I've watched everything I want to, and resubscribing later on next year.

Its worth getting for a while though.

I don't see how any of these smaller streaming platforms can survive if they have a paid sub.

VRV is dead and the one before it, despite having a good amount of content. I adore Um, Actually but there's no way I'm subbing for just that.

I wonder how much money Google is losing due to ad blockers on YouTube? If it's common enough, the small services are screwed either way.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MBMBAM should get another season even if it does risk a McElroy saturation point.

Take My Wife was also very good but they are split up IRL now :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mlmp08 posted:

Yep. The podcast is now a thing I listen to only occasionally and often skip in favor of other podcasts now that I don't routinely take 4+ hour long one-way drives once a month or so, but I would definitely watch the show. My wife doesn't give one single poo poo about the podcast, but she loved the show.

I'm at the point where I consume MBMBAM and TAZ but nothing else. I don't want to get annoyed with them because I think that their influence has been a net positive on the comedy and podcasting landscape.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh maybe. I mix up names a lot and a bunch of those we're all the same for a good while.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got a friend to go from "I don't care for DND shows" to "YALL GOT ANYMORE OF THOSE NADDPOD EPISODES" in about a week.

Now he's listening to TAZ while waiting for more eps.

This show is too good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not Operator posted:

Not gonna lie, I could really do without the mid-episode adverts.

Yeah but these folks gotta get paid.
Advertisers will pay a premium based in where the ad is located. At the end is seen as the worst because it's the easiest to skip.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Plus it's super easy to hit "Skip 15 seconds" a couple times if it makes you unreasonably mad.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I wonder if Troll Kingdom is going to kick them in the rear end later.

I really hope so.

Have nothing happen for an arc and then make the new Troll king try to enslave them in the fight against... everyone.

You can't cause a potential genocide without consequences.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Murph didn't do a great job of making the turtle compelling.
It was pretty much "You gotta come with me. No reason. You just gotta! Or else!"

If that's not threatening, I dunno what is.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fashion show Pawpaw is my fav.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Also buy, "Hey U Up?"
It's really funny and usually below $10.

Since I got my friend to listen to this show, we have both come to the conclusion that we like it more than TAZ. No need for a big debate since we like both plenty.
I just find myself looking forward to NADDPOD but listening to TAZ kinda out of habit.

Maybe that's the curse of a lot of long-running shows. Like, I listen to Harmontown still but it's background noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This sode was hardly a chode.