Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
God, I really appreciate the band's ability to continue to strike the balance between growing drama and top-tier goofs. Just fabulous stuff.

Also, late to the party on this, but I've just binged through all of Fantasy High in a handful of days and that is some excellent roleplaying fun. Deadeye really grated on me in the Shadowfell arc, but Brennan Lee Mulligan on FH is absolutely fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
Their discussion recently about the best forms of potato didn't include a single mention of roast potatoes and that's messed up.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
I'm relistening to a bunch of D&D Courts. The first one has the court ruling in favour of returning from banishment not bringing you back to the space you were in on a moving vehicle (in this case a ship) but where you were at the time of banishment relative to the world, so in this case in the air over empty sea. Where do other folks stand on this? I don't know if there's any official advice in rulebooks etc but I can never decide if I agree with them or not. At what point does movement of the "space" relative to the world stop mattering? What about some sort of flying city or other huge area? Would a small mount like a horse count in the same way?

Not a huge deal that I'd get mad at either way in my games just curious what others think. In similar situations as DM, I'm usually happy to roll with whatever we establish as a group consensus, as long as folks aren't trying to get away with real cheeky clearly-against-the-rules stuff.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Sankara posted:

I don't really care about D&D, I just think these three work real great together. Making a podcast about doing a Goosebumps CYOA sounds boring, but instead it's hysterical.

It was a weird choice of RL Stine to pivot into stories about corporate whistleblowers in the aviation industry and I'm in awe of the gang's ability to find the humour in such serious subject matter.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
I'm going through all the old 8-bit Book Club episodes (more talk about cum than you might expect from a videogame book club podcast) and in one of the Warcraft book episodes, Emily says that she believes nobody actually likes brownies because they are always dry and what people actually like is brownies in sundaes. Which is just pure unbridled madness.

Also, in one of the Myst episodes Caldwell says, "Well, Elon Musk doesn't seem like that much of an rear end in a top hat." A very grim laugh there at how quickly reality proved him wrong.

The four episode saga of them repeatedly failing to complete one specific Sonic the Hedgehog game book is a delight. So is Murph's outrage when Caldwell and Emily decide that neither Sonic nor Tails will have good speed, trapping them in a literally impossible-to-escape loop of failure.