Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Nice bit of characters getting to know one another in this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

this is ridiculous
this is ridiculous

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

eke out posted:

It really is crazy how well both the launch of season 2 and then the rapid pivot to a second set of characters has gone for this show. Not everyone can recreate the magic of their initial popular campaign and so far there's no sign at all of a sophomore slump.

I still like season 1 a lot more, but obviously there isn't nearly the same amount of build-up so that's unfair. I am quite enjoying it so far, though!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Nyaack was fun but pretty weak as a character, yeah. Kind of got trapped by in-jokes. Corbo was cute, but yeah Jabari really stole the show.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I agree, Dragonbreath Bookvar felt a little... much. Spritel being into gossip is a cute gimmick but a little overdone. I feel confident they'll find a good rhythm, though! That whole rock throwing fight was pretty fun.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeah, I usually kind of lose my ability to pay attention in these really battle heavy episodes, but the goofy bizarre vibe of the guy kept me engaged. Solid episode.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That was very very very silly. A lovely time.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Why did they go on Hiatus again? I've been trying to build a backlog cause week to week is killing me

Caldwell has a newborn.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Well, they managed to pull it off, but wow that was nonsense.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I still like the first campaign the most, but that was pretty enjoyable.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Big disappointment with the second Ep.

Really hoping they would stayed being Corpo instead of falling in with the dirty hippies

And making the duck not a duck, Terrible

Yeah that was a really fast turnaround. I figured they'd play in that space a bit more.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

I would absolutely eat the half twix half slim jim

It would absolutely taste awful, yet I can't help but want to try it.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I feel like this next episode is going to be very absurd. Everyone is close to dead and surrounded.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Jake both does and does not look how I pictured. How confusing.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I also feel like he's completely wrong? It doesn't seem like there are a lot of crick elves.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

A Jake DM sounds like a disaster. I'm all for it.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

Emily roleplaying being mind controlled is such a treat

This was so funny. Turning this generic baddy into a earthy-crunchy crystal healer type by roleplaying how pathetic Petrichor is was fantastic.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

All hail the Mean Girl Queen!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

And she makes good music! Cool lady.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'd be fine with them changing to the Pathfinder, sounded like a neat system based on the episode.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but wow I just cannot imagine being in the headspace of counting spell slots and all that. It's an edited broadcast, people.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Hardwon yelling "Jessica!!!!!!!" after tripping cracked me up.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Caldwell's disdainful "one gong town" made me laugh.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I also thought it was something Emily made up.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

This podcast has really been on fire lately. Banger after banger.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I don't really care about D&D, I just think these three work real great together. Making a podcast about doing a Goosebumps CYOA sounds boring, but instead it's hysterical.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I am really enjoying this Vantasmo series. Great characters. Of course Murph is good at playing a grumpy old man.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"I accept the lower case l"

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

i think a secret spice to the show's success also is the different knowledge levels of the people involved. Emily is completely insane, Jake probably still has to read his character sheet and stuff.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

He absolutely did.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Neorxenawang posted:

This is pretty much the only actual play podcast I listen to where the off weeks aren't a little disappointing. D&D Court is almost more fun than the main campaign.

I also really enjoy 8-Bit Book Club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Very strong "everyone annoys Murph" energy this Dungeon Court. Very funny. I have also seen Jurassic Park.