Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
ONE BIG THREAD

e: for content and very up to date spoilers, after Moonshine's long ongoing sexually aggressive behaviour, her making GBS threads herself at the idea of a threesome and inviting Balnor was the funniest possible payoff.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

It can't be overstated what an astounding DM Murph is, by the way. Fantastic voices, keeps the pace of the game up, and manages to keep an interesting, twisting plot going while still rolling with all his players bullshit.

I also love "Finish Him." Its a brilliant little flourish and a clever addition.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I don't think its spoilers to say that yeah, they do go to the Crick, and it is such a good arc. If you love Moonshine now, you have so much to look forward to.

Also I don't think your rankings will change, but Hardwon grows on you.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Hmm, a live show. TAZ hasn't exactly inspired me when it comes to live shows. Hope it's good!

The big problem with TAZ live shows always seems to be the pacing. Here's hoping Murph can solve it.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Yes, its good from the start.

I specifically remember one of the first people to post about it in the McElroy thread had issues with a prolonged gross joke discussion about dragon pussy in the first episode. That's about as blue as the show ever got though.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

This fresh strain of 'gently caress centrism' is very my thing.

The band are good and noble.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hey, throwing this out there, Short Rest is fully worth the $5/m.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

That's really good to know. I'm a tad gun-shy when it comes to having MORE Patreon subs.

Hey U Up is very funny, by the way and I intend to watch Hot Date (Netflix) this weekend.

I mean obviously your mileage may vary but they start at ep 14, so there's plenty of volume. They've all been very high energy so far, with a bunch of fun "What could have happeneds," personal stories, explanations for character choices, and player reactions. Emily uploads her music to the same feed if that interests you.

They're all super excited to be playing. :3:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Watched every episode of Hot Date last night.

Watch it if you like to laugh, or if you want to watch Emily and Murph make out.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Listening to Short Rest and hearing them theorycraft this happening some 6 eps. before.

I love this show so much, I think I may do some fan art.

That'd own and I'd love to see it.

Is there a fan art community already? Its not something I've looked for yet.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Reminder for the Patreon folk that Caldwell will be DM'ing a non-boob adventure for the gang today at 1pm pacific.

e: Which is now, turns out. Caldwell is setting up the stream.

ee: It was really good. Emily's new character is amazing.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 12, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I love every time Hardwon talks poo poo about Coldain, because it's impossible to tell how much is good role-playing and how much actual real adult man Jake Hurwitz getting jealous of an imaginary ex's new boyfriend.

Once more, the big treat of the Short Rest is hearing how into it they all are.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

timp posted:

I refuse to look this up but you’re talking about Puddle of Mudd right?? They didn’t refer to themselves as P.O.D. did they?

Nah, different band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDKwCvD56kw&t=117s

I timestamped it. Do yourself a favour and turn it off after a few seconds.

e: Unless you have a whopping huge boner for christian nu metal, I mean.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

There's another Trinyvale stream starting at 3pm PDT.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I really want to for Dimension 20 and Um, Actually but it's still limited to the US, Canada and Australia.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not Operator posted:

I really want to for Dimension 20 and Um, Actually but it's still limited to the US, Canada and Australia.

I am now wrong, Dropout was international as of December 20th.

It has a one week free trial, so you can check it out and see if its worth your money for the low price of a $1 authorization hold.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Now that I've had it for a week, I can't for sure say DropOut is worth permanently subscribing to. They have technically been updating everything, but I can see myself unsubscribing once I've watched everything I want to, and resubscribing later on next year.

Its worth getting for a while though.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Well, Dimension 20 is up to episode 15 on DropOut and Brennan is already talking about taping season two. Caldwell has his Cartoon Hell which is.. its fine. Its really not different enough from Drawfee.

There's also three decent.. I don't want to say podcasts because while they literally are video podcasts, there's only one episode of each at the moment and the site doesn't tell you when things get posted so I dunno if they're getting updated regularly/at all. They might as well be pilots at the moment. There's a Collegehumor general one, a gay one, and a dungeon master one and they're all enjoyable enough, but who's hurting so badly for podcasts these days that they need to subscribe to a streaming platform?

e: also that loving sucks about VRV. I was kinda hoping they'd somehow fund the McElroy's for another season.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 31, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Trinyvale is streaming again today at 3pm PST.

In related news, season one of Fantasy High ended earlier in the week, so if ever there was a time to get your free week of Dropout, this is it. It came to a pretty satisfying conclusion. Also, Brennan is a communist.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I almost choked at Moonshine edging a dryad.

I'm glad for a great many things in this new episode.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not gonna lie, I could really do without the mid-episode adverts.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Plus it's super easy to hit "Skip 15 seconds" a couple times if it makes you unreasonably mad.

My minor complaint is now even more minor as a Patreon subscription gets you access to ad-free eps I guess. Its right there in the Short Rest rss feed. Cool.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

tsob posted:

The "Short Rest" was better than the main NADDPod episode this week (last week now, I guess?). Not that the main episode was bad, because it was still very good, especially the cast playing off the ghost girl Murph played and everything going so wrong with the main fight and dragging it out for so long, but Murph's explosive reaction when Emily compared him to a city pigeon while calling Jake a hawk was great. He was just so upset, and Emily had to work so hard to justify it the whole episode. It felt like the whole thing was one long off-topic ramble too. Which I'm absolutely up for, because I'm so invested in this now I'd listen to them talk about anything really.

That said, Murph saying that the ghost girl "shakes her head, yes" is just weird. Why not just call it nodding?

It had the exact same energy as this episode of the original Hot Date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnuu6RUU8jM

Reminder, everybody watch Hot Date. The collegehumor series and the actual TV version.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I agree, but its weird because the funniest thing to happen on NaddPod before the milk chase was the famous nudie mag scam.

This 'sode was an all timer and I'm about to bump up my patreon tier to hear about this grillionaire poo poo.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I know Dimension 20 is tangential collegehumor poo poo, but I'm gonna keep posting about it until someone asks me to stop.

So uh.. this is kind of a get for them huh?
https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1105876231214383104
I mean I know he's been on Um, Actually already, but still.

e: I initially said he was on Brennan's DM advice podcast then deleted that because it wasn't true - its true now.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 20, 2019

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Amazing. It was such a long pause.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I relistened to the whole thing after I subscribed so I could pair the short rests with the episodes. They all deserve a listen, regardless of how you go back to them, especially if you're a fan of hearing about Jake falling further into his character.

I mean if nothing else, you're paying for them, so go to town.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I didn't really need a moment of great emotional importance. I subscribed after they met the Watchman, and I did it because I was going to be doing night shift for a week and just really wanted to hear these idiots talking more.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

tsob posted:

Is there much in the way of mixed bags to go through if I plump for it? I probably will regardless, because listening to those 4 idiots chat is great, but just curious really.

There's ten mixed bags so far. From oldest to newest, there's

- Monster Madness, where Jake, Emily and Caldwell each get a team of 1/8 CR monsters and duke it out for a Crick crowd. This is a recycled idea from the 8-Bit Book Club episodes that led them to start NaddPod.
- Deity Deep Dive, where they talk about Melora, Pelor, Kord, and the Feywild.
- A second Hearthside Chat, where they talk about the campaign and answer patron questions.
- A video stream that's basically lovely Drawfee, where only one person is an artist. Everybody draws Skullis, then Caldwell does some extras.
- Player stories, where they read a bunch of fun anecdotes and stories from tabletop games that patrons have run/played.
- Session 0 of Trinyvale, where Caldwell describes the setting and everyone presents their unfinished characters.
- Short Rest for episode 1, where everyone is embarrassed by how immediately they started talking about dragon pussy.
- NaddPod Trivia Contest, where noone remembers gently caress about poo poo.
- Everyone watches and talks at length about the Warcraft movie.

and most recently,

- Everyone watches and talks at length about episode one of the D&D cartoon from the 80's. This is the grillionaire episode.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The best episodes of 8BBC are the CYOA books written by that guy who kills you for getting puzzles correct. He awkwardly mentions Wendy Koopa's feet multiple times and everyone immediately decides he's working through a fetish.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

With that in mind, I just found this randomly.

:::Episode 21 Spoilers:::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd2KjfIorMg

e: I'm shocked there aren't way more animations/matics for NaddPod, given how visually amazing some of the shenanigans are.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 2, 2019

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Jeremor posted:

My love of this podcast led me to try out Fantasy High. They have 8 free episodes up on YouTube, and it has a lot of antics similar to the band of boobs. It probably leans more silly than anything, but the DM is excellent and it has Emily and Murph playing characters.

I just now finished the first 8 episodes and now I'm contemplating a dropout.tv subscription to listen to more. Has anyone else made the dive?

Sure. There's 17 episodes total in season one. They're doing a second season, and also a series of 'Sidequest' campaigns, the first of which has some really cool names on it, and should be coming soon. https://twitter.com/BrennanLM/status/1105899199931899904

There's other stuff too. Brennan does a DMing podcast with a guest where you can, if nothing else, see where Murph learned to structure his campaign. That shows up on the second collegehumour channel ch2 a week later though, so you don't need Dropout for it.

I originally only signed up to watch D20 but there's a pretty decent amount of stuff on there. Also I don't know if this is true anymore, but you used to get a week free, which is enough time to binge Fantasy High at least

(also check out Total Forgiveness, Cartoon Hell, Erotic Book Club and Um, Actually, imo)

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 5, 2019

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/chmurph/status/1115713804107751424

They're doing it again, if anyone is near and interested

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

tsob posted:

So, she could make it have baby swords now? Maybe she could make one for Bev's dad and a few other allies as a long distance means of communication, since I don't think any of the party have sending. The BoB do have a sending stone, but that seems to have just become their music box for flavor jokes at this point. Also, this just reminded me of another small thing I'd noticed. I recall at some point that Murph realized Jake was using his luck points wrong, and that he had to declare he was going to use a luck point before a roll rather than after it. Which Jake then did for one episode, before reverting to type. Did I just imagine that, or did they just decide that they'd go with a house ruling of letting Jake do it afterwards does anyone know?

Yeah, this happened. I have no idea what the actual ruling is, but I remember it as they were told they were doing it wrong and changed it, then told actually they were doing it right and changed it back, then basically vowed to never speak of it again/please don't @ me.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah they live until 200 or so, but I think they mature at 20 or so? So 16's probably fair for a goth phase.

Its still much less weird than Moonshine being 26. Elf ages are dumb.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

eke out posted:

the revelation that emily walked down the aisle to the opera theme from FFVI is the most on-brand poo poo imaginable

IIRC, they get her to sing it multiple times in 8Bit Book Club, but she never sings the words, just the melody in its traditional chiptune vocal noises.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I fell a little behind and just caught up on the last few episodes Does anyone know what exactly happened in 60 or 61 that had the facebook fucks mad at Emily? I literally didn't see anything out of character.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I somehow missed the Crickmas episode when it came out, so I just listened to that and the short rest and holy poo poo.

Murph says he used to played Joseph in the school nativity play and Emily says "Oh you got cucked by god" and it might be the funniest thing she's ever said.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Tangentially related.

https://twitter.com/BrennanLM/status/1148344505101213696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

timp posted:

I’m looking to get into Dimension 20, possibly today at work since NADDPOD is delayed until tonight. Would I be able to enjoy it via audio only, aka playing in a minimized tab, or does it need to be watched for some reason be fully appreciated?

There are cut-in images during character introductions, and an enormous amount of work went into the miniatures and the battlefields for the fight episodes. They also keep track of hit points whenever someone gets healed or takes damage with little health meters.

For the most part though, you're definitely fine to just listen and only tab over when a new character shows up, or something interesting gets described in battle. Brennan really wanted the fights to be spectacular, and they almost all have something insane going on. This is especially true in Bloodkeep.