Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Listen to 8‐Bit Book Club to hear Emily wish for huge boobs easily a dozen times, and obtain a greater understanding of how she designed Moonshine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'm going to keep posting about roleplaying dropout stuff in here until someone yells at me. Here's a live show from Austin.

https://intl.dropout.tv/videos/fantasy-high-live-at-rtx-austin

Everyone except for Lou. Griffin McElroy guesting.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/eaxford/status/1155914410621165569

I know most of you don't give a poo poo, but this basically never happens with podcasts, so I'm excited.

I don't even have to go to loving London!

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

This is admittedly pushing it as far as thread relevance goes, but Polygon do a board game show once a month, and Brennan Lee Mulligan is on the newest one.

Overboard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrjCPnbEMfE

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hey so 'In the Bag' with Balnor might be the funniest thing they've ever recorded. I don't want to seem like I'm shilling for their Patreon, but if you ever considered going to $10, now's the time.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Balnor starts a podcast. Everybody brings their own segment.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Its not Naddpod related at all, but Erotic Book Club is my favourite thing on Dropout.

I honestly expected to have a subscription for a month while I watched the back half of Dimension 20, but they really do keep pushing out good content.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I hope my wife doesn't find me streaming.

Oh I painted this one earlier. Pretty cool, right?

I hope my wife doesn't come home early.

Uh, yes, we are coming to NYC.

I hope my wife doesn't find out how much I spent on minis.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 13, 2019

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Speaking of Zac (and others) -

https://www.twitch.tv/dropoutlive

Dropout has been streaming the previously paywalled episodes of Fantasy High on Twitch. One of them was followed by Brennan talking to Emily and Murph and mentioning...

https://twitter.com/dimension20show/status/1164657297102123018

They're going to start a livestream continuing Fantasy High.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Also I don't want to link them all in a row, but the Nannerfly effect posters are all loving amazing.

There's a thread surrounding this bad boy that contains them all.
https://twitter.com/NADDPod/status/1166396261265657856

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

That stupid fish gag broke me multiple times. I had to pull over while driving.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

A lot of d&d streams are doing that right now, I think the wotc are pushing their latest adventure and partnering with popular groups. I hope Murph is getting a slice of that pie and isn’t just giving it away for free, but if there was a partnership he’d probably have mentioned it by now

Yeah, Avernus/Baldur's Gate(?) was their last big stream event. I only watched the sections with Alex Lee and the McElroy's in it, and between them they really ruined a lot of True Roleplayers's days. It was gorgeous.

Joe Manganiello was not prepared.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

seaborgium posted:

Do you know which one that was? It sounds pretty hilarious.

Session 1: in which Alex Lee does her very best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onH65amYMPI

and Session 2: in which the most patient DM in the world deals with Clint and Travis McElroy as they try to get a hellbeast laid. Fair warning, yes that guy in the preview is Gabe or Tycho of Penny Arcade fame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHVcEkMMB40

You'll see all the Mad Max poo poo, soul coins and other stuff that Murph is adopting.

e: incidentally, I never watched past this because I don't care that much, but session four has Matt Mercer playing Boo to someone's else's Minsc if that's up your alley. This is not a metaphor.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 14, 2019

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Theala shits, just like any of us the rest of us mortals do.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Terrible news everyone. Amir is going to be on the winter holiday episode.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'm being facetious, but also Jake has joked in the past that Amir would absolutely hate tabletop gaming and think it was stupid, and probably try to wreck it.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'd be so down for secondary podcast that was just making Jake watch contextless nerd poo poo.

Show Jake a Dragonball movie.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Murph does give his rationale in the Short Rest. He didn't want Ilsed to be just "hey you remember Akarot? He's that but stronger."

Didn't adore cutscene mode, but I'm fine with the the reveal.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I can't believe it's real.... the Donkey Kong one shot.... it's amazing.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I genuinely can't believe this was written and played. Murph may still claim to be Lawful Good, but this is absolute evidence to the contrary.

Holy poo poo, what an 8-Bit Book Club callback. I totally forgot Funky Kong was a libertarian.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 28, 2019

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

See you all next year for Amir's annual game of D&D.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'd love to know what Emily thought Cooter was, if not just a guy from the Crick.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'm still one hundred percent hanging after every episode the main campaign but I'm like.. seven episodes behind on Trinyvale? I've listened to the one after the livestreams twice and taken literally no information in. I have no explanation. I don't think I dislike it or anything.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Dang dude, that's a real good art you did.

The Galad Rosell is amazing.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

oh boy I finally get to shout at mike trapp on discord.

This absolutely loving sucks. There's so much good content on Dropout and so many talented people at Collegehumour right now, and this is an absolute shame. I had no idea they were losing money, mostly because I have no real idea how any online streaming service makes money in 2020.

tsob posted:

What's going to happen to Dimension 20 in light of that I wonder, presuming that means Dropout is dead now (or soon at least). I wonder if they could get some backing by Wizards of the Coast instead, since they seem to help several groups do liveplay D'n'D.

They've got the McElroy crossover mini-season starting.. tomorrow(?) I think. They've also got the next main season after that recorded, but probably not fully edited. After that, who knows? I wonder if Naddpod have ever considered bringing one of their friends on full time.

I assume this means an end to the sophmore year stuff soon, because they're hardly going to be able to keep filming on the set. That was supposed to be streaming tonight too.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Some nerd endeavour has almost certainly contacted Brennan already.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

"Are you some kind of creep?"
*lowers sunglasses* Yeah.

He's super quick to respond, and he has great delivery. Like getting called out for lying "I'm a commander"/"You're not a commander" where he just instantly follows up with "Whatever.." in a really lovely way.

Zac is a treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM6wanZOLtk

E: gently caress it, here's more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LkEa-JV9Kc

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 12, 2020

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

oh man, this latest short rest.

Emily: "I wouldn't mind playing a campaign where we start with low stats and have to fight tooth and nail to survive, so that levelling up feels like a bigger deal, and becoming powerful feels earned."
Jake: "Yeah I wouldn't mind starting with low stats, as long as an hour in we get magic potions that min/max us all. You remember Captain America and what a wiener he is for the first fifteen minutes? Like that."

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

If you finish your piano practice you can have a little cereal.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I haven't listened yet, but the new Mixed Bag is DM'd by Emily. No Jake, yes Siobhan and Brennan.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/dimension20show/status/1229494407042387968

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

High as gently caress or literally just been crying? We can't wait to find out what Punished Siobhan's deal is.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Does anyone have the clip of Brennan Lee Mulligan saying "Emily is the greatest roleplayer who has ever lived, and she was sent from hell to kill me"?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

this is ridiculous

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Emily, Murph and Caldwell are doing a playthrough of the cursed Sonic adventure game book from 8BBC, as a series of isolation streams. There's been two so far and in the most recent one, Jake - unable to defend himself from the chat - got borderline cyberbullied.

Note: If you were the one who hated the chaotic lack of focus from Eight Bit Book Club - sorry, but the streams channels it exactly.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

It baffles me that they were still in the dome so long after Collegehumour was downsized to like, three people.

I occasionally have an extraordinarily pointless worry that the people involved in something I like are getting bored of it, but drat. Nobody does anything for eight hours who doesn't find it worthwhile.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I was skeptical of sweet-themed Game of Thrones, but it turns out I was wrong and stupid, and it's loving dope already. I can't wait to find out what part made them cry. Zac plays a good rear end in a top hat and Lou plays a great idiot.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Basically, seasons 1 through 5 are all different things. Season 1 has a sequel (D20 Live/Fantasy High Sophmore Year) that was streamed and is not a numbered season, and directly follows on from the end of season 1, albeit without the high production values of a 'proper' season. Miniatures and battlefields and such.

They haven't said if they're going to do more D20 Live, but given what happened to collegehumor, I think most of us are surprised they even finished this story.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 10, 2020

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Murph can't use that voice without everyone else stifling laughter and it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I thought Jake was doing a bit too. Also Emily saying "I love their scenes together" in response to seeing two characters meet for the first time in the movie is raw loving chaos.

Murph's upset was correct and justified.