Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

I love these guys. It's probably my most anticipated podcast each week these days.

They also have a Patreon. $5 per month gets you access to the weekly "Short Rest" podcast, a behind the scenes, out of character discussion about that week's episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

timp posted:

The Patreon page has a link to an unlisted YouTube video, same as Ep. 1 did
For Episode 1, an mp3 version was also posted to the main podcast feed 9 days after the livestream.
The videos are nice, but an mp3 is much more convenient and easier for me to consume. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Solving the "Hardwon can be controlled by his mistress" thing is certainly a problem that needs to be solved, but after that, what's the big deal if he's a vampire from now on? I think that's kinda neat! He can be a chill vampire, like Regis from The Witcher! But funny!
I agree to an extent, but not being able to go out in daylight is a pretty big hinderance. And Murph seems fundamentally against keeping him a vampire. He keeps hammering how there just aren’t any good vampires, so I don’t think he’ll allow it as an option.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

tsob posted:

I don't know if you listen to the Short Rests, but during the latest one Jake said that he didn't want Hardwon to continue being a vampire, so he's probably going to go with a reincarnate. They did discuss that Jake would get bored or resentful if he ended up as a race he didn't like though, which essentially boils down to "any shorties"; their solution being to remove classes like Gnomes, Dwarves etc. and put in larger classes from the extended D'n'D 5th Edition. Which ones they'll include wasn't stated, but looking it up there's loads to choose from. They did mention a few during general discussion though, like Goliaths and Genassi; both of which Jake seemed interested in. As is, yeah, I'm glad they're having fun with it. Hardwon taking every chance to show off and turn in to a bat is great, as is him carving a picture in to his coffin after the whole crew go to sleep in it. Though it did make me wonder how they're transporting that around. I'd assume the bag of holding isn't big enough to fit an entire coffin.
Needing to sleep in a coffin seems like an unnecessary logistical burden that Murph normally would've let them omit, but he hates PC vampires too much. (Although maybe he'll let it slide a bit by letting them cram it in the bag of holding.)

I hope they do go the reincarnation route (as opposed to some deus ex machina-style wish or true resurrection). I've always thought that was a fun D&D mechanic, and it'd be a fantastic moment for Moonshine.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

Jeremor posted:

I thought this whole fungal badass pawpaw was essentially a rp'd version of him being awakened now? I was under the impression that Emily changed her mind on it after the deadeye fight
The Deadeye stuff did change her thinking of how she's been too protective of Pawpaw, but I don't think that she technically used Awaken on him. Typically Awaken basically gives the target human intelligence. Fungal Pawpaw makes him much tougher, but leaves his intelligence unchanged. She also had to sacrifice some of her spells/abilities as an attempt at balancing the new benefits to Pawpaw. (It still seems unbalanced in Moonshine's favor to me, but I love giant buff Pawpaw so whatever.)

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

Psychepath posted:

I believe the precedent is that the possum familiars are tied to their people in a way that will let them be similarly long-lived, well past a normal possum's time, but they can be killed. But I also suspect that Paw Paw, like Balnor, would go into death saves instead of being outright killed like an NPC.
Yeah, especially considering that with unmodified dire wolf stats he could easily be wiped out in one round with the splash damage from a fireball or chain lightning spell.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

Not Operator posted:

I'm still one hundred percent hanging after every episode the main campaign but I'm like.. seven episodes behind on Trinyvale? I've listened to the one after the livestreams twice and taken literally no information in. I have no explanation. I don't think I dislike it or anything.
I still listen to Trinyvale pretty regularly, but I can definitely relate. For what it's worth, I didn't have that problem at all with the two most recent episodes. They're much more grounded, self-contained, and easy to take in (and, especially funny). I thought they were fantastic episodes.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

What a bummer. NADDPOD got me hooked on Drawfee, Dimension 20, and Dropout in general.

Apparently Dimension 20 Live is still going to happen next week.

And for Drawfee, Sam Reich said:

quote:

one of my first calls was to drawfee. we're going to find a way to keep it going.
drawfee will almost assuredly be one of the first things we ask fans to support directly, so... look out for that!

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

They also talked about the future of the Band of Boobs on the Hearthside Chat. For anyone who doesn't listen to those, they're planning to release Bahumia-based episodes on the last Thursday of every month, with different guest DMs doing mini campaigns and one-shots. The settings will be whatever the DM wants, without any need for continuity or canon. Murph will be a PC (probably Balnor). I'm definitely on board.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

My feelings for Trinyvale have been closer to lukewarm more than anything else, but IMO that was pretty much a perfect finale for the campaign.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

The second episode of Zac Oyama’s Rotating Heroes Podcast is in the main NADDPOD feed - but not the Patreon (same situation as the first episode, I think). So Patreon folks should check the main feed if they’re interested.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

I liked 8BBC a lot, but I did find some of the later episodes kind of tiring. The bit of replacing names with something out of character wore thin with me. I love when they use the theme song for new Mixed Bags of Holding, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

One moment where there seemed like some genuine frustration to me was when Jake was paying too much attention to his microphone stickers. Still funny though.