Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I do remember the thing about luck points and I thought it was basically them saying "Eh, we like this way better"? But maybe it was just someone saying how they really work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Are they going to go back and kill the last dude or forget about it

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Farg posted:

also i wish they had realized true polymorph is permanent if concentration is held for an hour if only for the reaction

Not knowing anything about rules I thought it was permanent immediately

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Only a small spoiler but comment about today's episode: Caldwell always seems to do the dumbest poo poo. Both his "deal" and his "see if you can hit ME with the dagger" seemed real dumb

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Spoilers for latest episode What does "+3" hammer mean? I also hope the new hammer makes the dwarven daddies stronger, they seem pretty weak right now. Further also, did Bev get anything this ep? Hardwon got the hammer, Moonshine got the upgrade to her spores, Bev got...to kill his dad? My memory is bad even though I just listened yesterday, so there could very well be something I'm forgetting

Final also, it took me forever to realize they were talking about Balnor at the end. I just remember thinking like "there aren't any dads even left...?"

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Tenik posted:

+'s are general bonus. A +1 means that you get a +1 to hit, or roughly a 5% bonus. A +3 means that you get a +3 to hit. It's super rare to get one, and a bonus that high is where the math behind d&d's paper thin balance starts to break down. The Dwarven daddies are based on a very overpowered spell, I just think that hardwon's stats and Murph's encounters don't let them shine. Caldwell got an upgrade to his book, which Murph described it on the short rest, and will probably explain at the top of the next session.

Oh yeah! I do remember that about the book. Sounds situationally pretty useful. I'm betting Caldwell forgets most of the time

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Murph was tired of getting whomped I guess, that last one was a rough sode for the boobs

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Farg posted:

ive never seen such an incredibly important crit

Most important since Ol' Cobb almost died no?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

The Donkey Kong one shot was good also

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

thexerox123 posted:

Yeah, the DK One Shot is free, in the regular feed.

Oh nice, that's a good one. I don't pay attention to the regular feed since ad-free is in the short rest feed

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I don't think I can handle Emily's accent for the entire campaign. Like it's fine when her character is talking but the narration part is already bothering me.

Anyway the Short Rests are absolutely worth it. Their tangents alone are worth it, just the random poo poo they end up talking about. Then they talk cool behind the scenes stuff about the episodes too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Also I know it's been mentioned in here (and probably more than once by me--last month maybe even?) but the Short Rest is so fuckin good. I almost like it better than the main show (except the main show is very good and the Short Rest wouldn't/couldn't exist without the main show!)

If you possibly have the extra money ($5 a month?) it is absolutely 100% worth it. Plus you get ad-free eps, do they still do ads?

Also Emily's accent is growing on me (or at least it's bothering me less) and it probably is easier for her to just constantly do it instead of going in and out of it 10,000 times an episode