Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

If I could fillet here, if I could just fillet here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Not Operator posted:

That stupid fish gag broke me multiple times. I had to pull over while driving.

Honestly Iím a pretty heavy podcast listener, I work from home, might have to go to a couple meetings or a site visit a week but during the day I always have a podcast running, naddpod is on a short list of ones I will save and listen to while I run or have time to focus on it, itís really good

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

eke out posted:

Very excited that we are finally in the endgame of this humor podcast: kill the devil, then god

Also, hardwon growing horns right when he suggested "Well nothing stops us from just killing Josh" was perfect timing by Murph, well done

ĎĎTwas a good soad

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

The last episode was really good going to get on the patreon for the extras

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

I had an old school DM one time played some custom campaigns when 5e first came out. He was in his late 40s and had been DMing since like one of the earliest versions of dnd. Guy was RUTHLESS, TPKed us like our second session in made us all re-roll new characters, lots of character death

In the end though it was a lot of fun he had been doing it so long he knew how to make it engaging and set up encounters to be challenging but winnable if we worked together

Outside that DM never had a total party kill ever and I get why itís a pain in the rear end for everyone

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Psychepath posted:

But I also like Dungeons and Daddies with its much higher level enemies that Anthony lets the dads very, very creatively murder.

Iím a big fan of dungeons and daddies

As for the last naddpod, I didnít mind it but I can agree with the criticisms Iíll have faith that he will do something more than just this single plot line

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 16, 2019

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

I lost it at Ē...you didnít even have to cast the spellĒ

Lmao I love him so much

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

donkey kong one shot super good this is ridiculous

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Christmas episode was really good

Itís odd for me, Iím listening through dimension 20 season one fantasy high and Brian is so timid and just seems to be in the background but as a DM heís really great, would have thought him playing a character would be more like when Brennan was Deadeye on NADDPOD

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Brennan just said on one of his weekly live dm advice videos that Murph is one of the best peer teachers/dms as players around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC1Fwjb0mvM#t=1437s

You can see throughout the season Murph helping out Allie and generally being an awesome team player. His character in Unsleeping City was also excellent.

Thatís really cool thanks for the link, the podcast and dnd scene are rife with jerks so I like to hear about the good people

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 20, 2019

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

God drat what an episode with a great cliffhanger

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Enjoyed that soad quite a bit, not going to lie been what almost two years itís winding down now going to miss it regardless if they use the same characters for a new campaign

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

timp posted:

ďI am my wifeís XP cow and sheís going to milk meĒ

- Brian ďMurphĒ Murphy, 2020

Lmao

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

I appreciated how Brian specifically addressed the fighting your own character and how it could make people salty because Iíve done that before and lmao did people get mad when I the DM beat them with their own character

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Enjoyed the latest soad, and I agree with everyone that Emily is great

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Not Operator posted:

this is ridiculous

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Good for them, Iíd play it

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

eke out posted:

lmao [current episode spoilers] emily summoning 8 pixies and having every one use polymorph to burn 3 legendary resistances and then turn War into a dolphin

e: actually the entire War fight is insane, she's unbelievably good at this. it's like a drat masterclass in high level druid play, and she didn't even have her 9th level spell or any of the slots expended in the big combat last episode

Yeah Emily is awesome she does her research, it was funny when Murph got flustered when she turned into the vulture to pick up the dolphin with the intent of dropping him, you could tell Murph had no idea that was coming

Was a sick sode

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

It was really good

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Want to listen to it live but living on the west coast 5pm and having kids it ainít going to happen

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Iím not sure Iím emotionally in a place to listen to the last of this ha, it has been such a weekly staple

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

That was extremely good, sad itís over was a hell of a story, and all I can say is, that was ridiculous(ly great)

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Just caught up on Trinyvale and Iím digging it, Caldwell lets them goof around a lot more but it works and Murphyís Jens is just perfection

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Just popping into this thread to say i mimic Murph and his ďJeeesuusĒ and I donít know why but it makes me laugh

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

I love Jens so much, latest episode was A+ Jens

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm still a couple episodes behind but he's so good. I'm currently on the episode where he wears a white gown and a veil to someone else's wedding. Also everything going on with the parasites is just incredible

I still could not exactly tell you what the overarching plot of trinyvale is, or who any of the gods or whatever are, but the dynamic between the player characters is just the best thing. I don't think it's even that the plot or world is uninteresting, just that it's really hard to keep it straight when episodes only come out once a month, interspersed with a more highly-prioritized campaign. I did skip the recap episode, I guess that's on me, ultimately.

I didnít start listening to Trinyvale till after the main campaign was done so I had them in order in a short period of time and even Iím a little confused, I mean I get what theyíre doing for the plot but itís a bit chaotic

I enjoy their riffing off each other they have great chemistry

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

I think Caldwell did the best he could he definitely was trying but yeah if that was just some random group playing it would have been a dud instead I enjoyed it just because of the goofs and flawed characters

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

eke out posted:

the court battle was some of their funniest content in a long time, i think caldwell started hitting his stride towards the end of it when he was able to start doing this more regularly and felt comfortable to be weirder

That was good my favourite was peak Jens dancing for the prince

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Basically if Caldwell had people who didn't know what they were doing Trinyvale would just be graduation

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

SavTargaryen posted:

Emily and Murph are both D20 vets, where each season's a new campaign and new setting, and it's never had problems trying to outdo itself. I suspect Murph's more than willing to ask Brennan for advice on how not to fall into that.

To add onto this, I fully believe the first adventure zone was a fluke, they still donít know the rules of dnd even and the McElroy brothers constantly fall into the same traps of boring podcast worthy dnd, when you take a look at it their inability to improve is insane given the resources and people they have access to

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Finally got to listen to it, Iím extremely down with the bon freres and their lack of wanting to pay for anything

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Iím blue dah boo dee dah boo dah, dah boo dee dah boo dah

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

I donít usually watch dnd stuff I just donít have time so Iíll catch critical role when it gets on podcast

Anyways I say this because I like Brennan and my overcast recently uploaded Escape from the Bloodkeep which I hadnít seen/heard yet if youíre like me in this regard

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

gently caress yeah give me more hot boy summer

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

eke out posted:

it occurs to me that emily's bad guy in this is basically "what if moonshine were raised high elf and turned out evil?" lol

also lmao at murph's callback to the elaborate mime ritual at the climax

Enjoyed the episode, I havenít patreoned in a while have they talked about the plot for the second campaign, I might patreon and binge what Iíve missed, Iíve enjoyed Jake going outside his box and singing this mini series embracing the bard

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

Finally finished hot boi summer, very good stuff imo.

Same and same

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Zac seems really chill and he can fit in with any group so his guest spots have been good, obviously Brennan is good, I also liked Siobhan as Apple Scrumper

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Just listened, Iím pumped, I think itíll be good, these side campaigns have shown they have a really good idea on how to make great dnd podcasts and no offense to the others but Murph is a much better DM then the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

Yep really enjoyed it, Murph with the grim dark and everyone else trying to goof fits well for me but Iíve said it before they just have such a good chemistry, good DM, and the dnd podcast formula down they could run any scenario imo