Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

They said in the Short Rest, they said theyíll do around 30 more episodes. Iím assuming theyíll start a new campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Not Operator posted:

Hey so 'In the Bag' with Balnor might be the funniest thing they've ever recorded. I don't want to seem like I'm shilling for their Patreon, but if you ever considered going to $10, now's the time.

In the Bag with Balnor sucks, sorry. I'm all about Getting Deep with Hardwon.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

RC Cola posted:

poo poo. I am very tempted right now.

Is this just in character conversations with Hardwon and Balnor?

No, it's a convo Hardwon has with other people. Just listen to In the Bag with Balnor

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Is his new body a virgin?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

It was a heartbreaking episode, especially the stuff with Kugrash and Pete

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

What a great episode. Spread them cheeks!

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

You should also listen to the Trinyvale campaign with Caldwell as the DM. It's also really good

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

eke out posted:

[today's dimension 20 spoilers]

emily realizing she can easily use Unseen Servant for insurance fraud, then announcing that she's sent it to burn her home down. while she goes to the grocery store so she's on camera with an alibi. fantastic

Brennan switching right to Ricky was the icing on the cake lmao

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Dimension 20 is doing a live stream for fantasy high right now. Itís supposed to be up on dropout tomorrow

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Emily has had two great moments in the live show that hurt my abs because I was laughing so hard. She will have these insane ideas and will break Brennan.

Last nights episode was an absolute doozy solely because of Lou and it was great.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

eke out posted:

the wildest thing about the live show is that it's 99% as good as the tightly-edited, polished pre-recorded stuff they were putting out before.

I forgot which episode but Brennan started playing music to set the mood and the players liked it because they usually play with no music. All of that is added in during editing. Brennan was selecting some real good music that was appropriate for the scene last night that it felt like it was added in in post.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

When Brennan did the math to determine how many rounds it would take for the rest of them to get there was nerve wracking and drove home how futile it was. 20 rounds before anyone could help him

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

im happy that itís both Apple Scrumper and Mavrus.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/vornietom/statu...7718591488?s=21

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Apparently, Brennan is staying with CH and D20 Live is going to keep going

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

In the Bag with Balnor are great mixed bags. They also had one about FFVII Advent Children which was good too

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Game Changed is a fun show, too

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Emily and Siobhan being twins is going to be great. And Emily is so gross lmao

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/NBCLX/status/1256630762931191809

They talk to Emily and Murph

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Jesus gently caress lmao Emily

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I vastly prefer NADDPOD to TAZ, which I got bored with like 20-something episodes in. I tried to push through it, but it wasn't for me.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

I don't know if these get put up on VODs but if they do, you should all watch it, because maybe it's just because the edible is kicking in, but the dryad vs crabster fight was one of the funniest things I've ever seen

I wasnít high and it was still hilarious

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

eke out posted:

zac should join permanently

I lost it when he intimidated Mac into giving him the duster The whole duster thing reminded me of the duster bit in Always Sunny between Mac and Dennis

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Premiere of campaign 2 will be on 10/15

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I giggle every time I remember how Mavrus claims things they found as his

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

There is an episode of Breaking News that always gets me. Itís from last year and itís with Brennan, Erika Ishii, Amy Vorphal, and the host of Um Actually and Amy attempts to do a face that prevents her from laughing but it backfires horribly.

Oh and the series where Ally and Grant do stuff in order to win money to pay down their student loans is pretty good

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

eke out posted:

ally getting a tattoo of their girlfriend's name is one of the funniest things they've done

Pretty much everything they did made them look great. It was pretty crazy

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

tsob posted:

Double posting to say that I signed up for Dropout earlier today and having just gotten around to actually looking through some of the stuff, holy poo poo there's more Umm...Actually than I was expecting. As in, there's a web series of about 10 episodes that started the show (all ranging from 5 to 11 minutes) and about 70 proper episodes across 3 seasons and some specials. That's way more than I was expecting. There's lots, lots more of Breaking News than I expected too. So if anyone is interested for either of those two shows in particular, it's probably worth a one month sub (which is about $5) just for that.

I donít know if you mentioned it or not but also check out the Dimension 20 stuff. Fantasy High is possibly the most popular and the one they return to a lot (the main campaign, some live shows, and a live play) but the other seasons are really good. A Crown of Candy just finished and it was amazing

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

tsob posted:

I didn't mention the Dimension 20 stuff because most of it is already on YouTube. It also seemed kind of redundant to mention it in a thread that's gushed over Dimension 20 pretty regularly in the past. That said, I never even finished the first season so it's a good excuse for me to watch it, especially now I'm pretty much done with Campaign 1 of Critical Role (and have been current with Campaign 2 for ages now). I might just jump in at the latest season, Leviathan, since it's stand alone from what I can tell, and thebngo back and start from the beginning once that's wrapped.

Actually only some of it is on YouTube: all of the first season of fantasy high and Bloodkeep. Thereís only a few episodes of the second season of fantasy high, and a few episodes of Unsleeping City. Just one episode of A Crown of Candy and no episodes of Tiny Heist. But youíre right, people gush about D20 all the time.

They also have some video podcasts that are good. They did a live one last year on twitch that turned out crazy. I think it was called the Chaos Stream. And there was Gods of Food that was really good, too.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

tsob posted:

That aside, does anyone know what other podcasts Ify Nwadiwe has done? Now that I've watched a bit more of Umm...Actually he's one of the recurring guests that I've gotten most interested in and he mentioned at one point that he's hosted two Dragon Ball podcasts. I've found one or two others that he's a regular host on using Google and the search function in Pocket Casts (namely Who Shot Ya? and Nerdificient), but there's not really a good database that I've found to indicate exactly what work he's done in that area and I wouldn't mind listening to a bit of his stuff because he seems like a really charming dude.

He has a podcast with Fiona Nova called Fíin Around with Ify and Fiona on Rooster Teeth. Heís also been streaming and playing with Achievement Hunter a lot lately.

Re: dark, Iím gonna echo the other poster about the dark one shot. That was still hilarious even though it was dark. Lots of goofs. I wouldnít mind that for an entire campaign.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

The roast of Grant is amazing. That episode was written by one of his friends, Nick Kocher, who is one half of BriTANick

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

There's an episode of Game Changer where he drinks water out of a toilet

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Re: Dimension 20 they did a one-shot with RTX a few weeks ago that is up on Dropout now. They also did another one-shot for Roll20. Both were Fantasy High one-shots that spoil the other seasons. The RTX one had everyone minus Lou and they visited a college. I liked that one. Very light on fights (probably because they couldn't overrun and mess up the schedule) so it's like an hour long or so. It's still full of gags and whatnot. The Roll20 one is a boys night. That one I'm still going through. It's almost three hours long. Right now, it's available on Roll20's twitch page, but it will show up on dropout eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I am delighted every time I hear Lou say "Jabari and his friends"