Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Man, I love Short Rests, but this week is particularly great. I need a one-off of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

It would be really loving ironic if he became a dwarf. Because of that, it's my first choice.
Edit: Second choice is Dragonborn, because I think it would be an interesting change of pace that Jake would still really like.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

I will say about the reincarnation I kinda wish they would just do it. They've already said they're gonna, and I really want to see what comes of it. Quit teasing me, Two Crew!

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Murph playing exclusively gross, short monsters in Dimension 20 becomes even more disturbing with that in mind.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Isn't that also DMed by Anthony Burch? I've heard some weird things about him.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

I personally love the slow development of Jake from normal bro to mini-painting turbo nerd. It's like watching someone fall in love.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Honestly, I wouldn't have wanted anything more than a thorough dunking of Rust. That battle couldn't have gone more how I would have wanted, and I think even Murphy knows that, which is why he didn't seem to disappointed in the womp he received.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

tsob posted:

I think this episode was the first time I've haven't particularly liked something Murph has done in the story. I don't like the twist that Ilsed isn't actually Ilsed, and Akarot is the real evil all along, having used his body while Ilsed's ghost is just a cool guy floating around trying to get out. I'm not even opposed to the actual concept of that, so much as the fact we're only finding out the episode before they fight Akarot as Ilsed. It just feels pointlessly rushed. I can see Murph's reasoning from the Short Rest, that the Band of Boobs had no connection with Ilsed and Ilsed had no defined personality, but the obvious solution there is: actually inject him in to the story at some point and build him up, rather than just swapping him out with a character they do know at the last minute. What's even more egregious really is that Murph sounds like he wanted to have a twist of some kind all along, and deliberately refrained from characterizing Ilsed so he could pull a twist with him. I hate twists for the sake of twists and with little to no foreshadowing or build up. I'm sure I'll still enjoy the next episode, but it's just a little dollop of disappointment about an otherwise really strong story.

Eh, I don't love it for all the reasons you mentioned, but I don't HATE it, because I always thought there was something more going on with Akarot. Like, who was his mom? Murph doesn't seem like the kind of guy to just leave that hanging. And why was his body weirdly skeletal and lich-like? His "defeat" felt unsatisfactory to me, and I like it being expanded, even in a weird way.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

I just got a Dropout subscription, which are the best seasons of Dimension 20, and what else should I watch on there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

I finished the first campaign, loved it, and just never went on to the second for reasons I can really articulate. I heard it was pretty good, but not as good as the first, but the hexblood mini campaign is great. Can I just jump into that, or is C2 worth going through the whole thing?