Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

tsob posted:

Is any/much of "8 Bit Book Club" worth listening to, in terms of build up to NADDPod? I've subscribed to it with months, but between catching up on NADDPod, catching up on Critical Role (well, the second campaign anway; not touching campaign one just yet) and a few other, shorter, non-D'n'D podcasts I haven't even touched it yet and nothing jumped out as particularly "must listen" from the episode names.

As far as building up to NADDPOd, thereís a set up episode in 8 bit. But you can see a lot of the jokes that they make in NADDPod in 8 bit, like roll for horniness, pop up. The Zelda adventure book is fantastic, and I enjoyed the Mario ones as well. Itís fun to see murph and Caldwellís and Emilyís friendship, and how much they bounce off each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Not Operator posted:

I fell a little behind and just caught up on the last few episodes Does anyone know what exactly happened in 60 or 61 that had the facebook fucks mad at Emily? I literally didn't see anything out of character.

I think people blamed her for the tidal wave and ďruiningĒ the diplomacy. Which is dumb, because Deadeye was already sabotaging the diplomacy anyway.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

StalkofWheat posted:

I'm really digging this arc and all, but man does Deadeye just suck the all the fun out of combat since it's evidently impossible for him to fail at anything.

Yeah, heís a great character but I wonít be sorry to see him go. Itís not as fun watching him do hit and run for 50 damage a turn compared to the Boobs doing something ludicrous dumb and fun.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

I think my least favorite part of the last episode is we didnít get Murph going ďsiiiiiiixty niiiiineĒ, like he always did in 8BBC.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Donkey Kong one shot is amazing. Balnor making GBS threads his pants then disintegrating was perfect.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

That sounds like my dream game. I would kickstart the gently caress out of that.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

The 8BBC with the Mario book where Murph loses it is peak 8BBC. I couldní get into trinyvale so Iím tapping out until Emilyís adventure.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Pendergreens still the GOAT

Itís been so long since I heard him, I was dying once Murphy started the bit.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

TAZ was at its best when it was four goofballs just loving around and making goofs. Thatís why I really
love Naddpod so much, in that they made an engrossing story while still being absolute goobers.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Mavris and the boys is wonderful. Itís such a simple concept but the execution is so good. And Emily is great at making these dope rear end ideas, like a harp made from a jawbone of a fish.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Emily is a treasure and her DMing is hilarious.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

A NadPod/TAZ crossover would be great. Iíd love to see Justin and Emily wreak havoc together. Or goofy but sincere Caldwell and Clint.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

The end of the latest episode was a nail biter. That beer pong game was so much fun, I canít believe that nat 20 to end it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Iím torn on Brennan as a guest. Deadeye was very cool and he played him great, but I didnít really like how he was somehow attached to everyone the Band of Boobs knew. It made the world feel much smaller when this one dude had talked to everyone and been everywhere. His character was also very overpowered and turned the combats from fun to waiting for him to unload a heap of damage. His character in Rude Tales was much better.