Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 18, 2011

Modern worldly poster

I'm about halfway through Trinyvale and yeah, Caldwell is definitely running into all the usual inexperienced DM pitfalls but everyone is clearly having too much fun playing for that to matter much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 18, 2011

Modern worldly poster

Seluin posted:

DM Caldwell had Big Beverly Energy, and I abso-loving-lutely loved it.

Probably best as a single campaign, but sometimes I love frosting on top of my frosting.

Yeah I would not want every campaign to be like this but there is little I enjoy more in this sort of podcast than hearing people having an absolute blast with each other.

docbeard
Jul 18, 2011

Modern worldly poster

The plot of Trinyvale as I understand it:

IT'S A JAM TRAP, BROTHER!

also something something crystals

docbeard
Jul 18, 2011

Modern worldly poster

It is minorly weird being also named Brennan and reading these threads (and/or listening to NaddPodDontSingYet). I know most people go through "other person has the same name as me" all the time but I don't.

docbeard
Jul 18, 2011

Modern worldly poster

Ainsley McTree posted:

I haven't regretted it even a little. they're often as funny as the normal episodes, and obviously the behind-the-screen insights into what could have happened if choices/dice rolls had happened differently can be really interesting.

The $5 tier also gives you ad-free episodes, which, considering how annoying some of the ads can be, would be worth it on its own

Yeah, I'd pay five bucks for the ad-free episodes on their own.

But yeah, the Short Rests are definitely worth it, especially if you like hearing the group just goofing around together and laughing themselves silly (which if you don't you're probably still not listening to NADDPod in the first place).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 18, 2011

Modern worldly poster

I really enjoy that the new world is basically an unresolved argument over whether to run a grimdark low-magic campaign or a wild and crazy magic fairyland one