Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hardwon reminds me of coach mcguirk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Ok this show rules

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Just finished the crick arc, this show rules, balnor rules

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
holy poo poo, the foursome

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
It worked out well for him!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I love you. You will marry me??

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
beverly go on chapo

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
holy poo poo, the first part of this episode

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I don't think my heart could take it Balnor died...

Balnor can't die, it would cause a time paradox.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hot loving drat the climax of this episode

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
He drowned in poo poo, on Christmas!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
150 foot suplex

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
This show is so loving good

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I totally called it y'all

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
feywild? gay child.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
truly thick sode

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
get mercer to play old cobb

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
oh my god the loving witch puzzle

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
this entire date sequence is incredible

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

That said, the name is bad, and I very nearly jumped right out on the first episode when they sang that P.O.D. refrain. I make sure to hop out of the podcast before that happens now.

?????

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
it rules dude, Are you not the youth of the nation?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
"As you know, everything I love dies."

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
bev sr...goofed

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I would recommend the donkey kong episodes of 8BBC to you

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
deadeye is a loving dark god of destruction and optimization compared to like, a champion fighter and a druid/berserker

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
almost 3 hours, hell of a beefy sode

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Jake can't stop dying at the red fen lmao

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the party just got played so hard in that zone of truth I just know it

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

tsob posted:

Surely no-one with a pet that cute would ever be a bad person. It's hilarious that Murph now knows exactly how to manipulate them, and is openly admitting it when they call him on it in the Short Rest. That said, I don't really see why the necromancer would betray them or be a bad guy in disguise, because there's already enough drama through him with his relationship to Moonshine's father and the fact he inadvertently caused a rift between the father and Jolene that's affecting the Crick Elves present situation and he's already acting as the gateway to action with a new group in the Gravediggers. Any extra drama or action he can offer by making him a betrayer seems like it'd be so inconsequential compared to those as to be pointless. Especially with how conflicted and emotional the things he already said to Moonshine made Emily feel. She already said that she's glad that he wasn't actually her dad in the Short Rest as Murph thought about doing, because she's having trouble enough digesting what did happen and that might have been too much. Having him be someone who's using them would probably give much the same result and tip the scales too far in one direction for them to really enjoy it. If he was going to gently caress them despite the Zone of Truth, I'd assume it's in somewhat the same way as Deadeye did, where he just wasn't being entirely honest with them and is still an ally afterwards. I'd think Emily is right too, in that a nice guy necromancer who just likes helping the dead is too fun an idea to spoil by actually making him evil too.

All that said, the best part of the episode was still Bootwon. Especially with the Short Rest clarifying that he was a single tiny toddler booty. Jake getting so annoyed about the size of it, but in a jokey way and enjoying something so silly so much is what makes this show great. "Guys, I know I was the boot" :(

yeah it'd be a bit much but still, he was being so careful about never directly answering questions.

also i wish they had realized true polymorph is permanent if concentration is held for an hour if only for the reaction

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
dear lord this is a beefy sode

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Does anyone remember which Short Rest had them talking about renting out a restaurant and doing a live show

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

RC Cola posted:

Emily is smart and cool and good. The payoff at the end of today was great. I really wanted Josh and Rust to go into the bellychain

on one hand, i hooted and hollered when the idea surfaced. on another hand, as a dm, i don't blame murph for not wanting to have like 4 different npcs always be with the party.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah but like... it's funny and cool.

i do gotta wonder what his plan was for 1v1ing a duke of hell. Even if he lands banish the party is still feebled and she just comes back in a minute

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
donkey kong oneshot is here. be praying

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
oh my GOD

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

timp posted:

I haven’t listened to the new episode yet but I absolutely cannot wait to hear Amir completely gently caress up Murph’s entire campaign and maybe even ruin DnD for Jake entirely

lol

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
there's some for realsies risk of permadeath here if anyone gets swallowed

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ive never seen such an incredibly important crit

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

myron cope posted:

Most important since Ol' Cobb almost died no?

i mean, that was mathematically much more likely

for this to happen, there needed to be a natural 20, followed by enough 26+ attack rolls to finish the boss. There was a greater than 95%+ likelyhood of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
He could have it playing it a lot meaner, plus the party had two friends, a very generously ruled heroes feast, allowing an attack to auto-ungrapple a friend instead of an opposed skill check, and the dwarf army to do free damage and absorb hits.