Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

The Short Rest is amazing. Highly recommend going back and listening to the old eps.

For people who are patreon supporters, what tipped you over? Mine was the episode of Hardwon and Ol Cobb almost dying on the airship. I was so engaged that I HAD to listen to them talk it afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Ya dang goof ball....

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

I actively want give DrawFee my money. I want Jacob, Julia, Karina, and Nathan to stay together making content :(

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Do it ironically posted:

Just popping into this thread to say i mimic Murph and his “Jeeesuus” and I don’t know why but it makes me laugh

I do this, too. Along with Brennan’s “INN-credible.”

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

timp posted:

To me it kind of came off like your parents trying to dress cool and saying "yo" a lot. As the DM he needs to be a parent and say no because it's the rebellion and irreverence of the PCs that makes the goofs so outrageous, but when the DM is bending the will of the world to say "yes, and then this even goofier thing happens!" It can almost sort of make it less fun. That's why I think Caldwell is a great player, but as a DM he's too lenient and goof-forward.

lol goof-forward

DM Caldwell had Big Beverly Energy, and I abso-loving-lutely loved it.

Probably best as a single campaign, but sometimes I love frosting on top of my frosting.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

I bought into the Short Rest after the Galaderon airship battle that ended with both Hardwon and Old Cob unconscious and making death saves. I had to listen to them unpacking their feelings.

Never regretted it. Happy to support that bunch of horny idiots.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

uuuaaAAAHhhhh *slips in jam*

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

If I were to maybe guess, I might possibly could think he was maybe referring to thief’s cant.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

death to puppers

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Mavid might be Jake’s greatest creation.

jeez louise…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

What is it that got you all subscribed to the Short Rest?

for me, it was when Hardwon and Ol Cobb both went down on the airship. I neeeeeded catharsis and hearing them gush about it