Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

The National Solar Observatory is mysteriously shut down and the FBI is somehow involved

"Alamagordo Daily News posted:

Otero County Sheriff Benny House said the Otero County Sheriff’s Office was asked to standby.

“The FBI is refusing to tell us what’s going on,” House said. “We’ve got people up there (at Sunspot) that requested us to standby while they evacuate it. Nobody would really elaborate on any of the circumstances as to why. The FBI were up there. What their purpose was nobody will say.”

He said he has a lot of unanswered question about what occurred at Sunspot.

“But for the FBI to get involved that quick and be so secretive about it, there was a lot of stuff going on up there,” House said. “There was a Blackhawk helicopter, a bunch of people around antennas and work crews on towers but nobody would tell us anything.”

The Daily News contacted the Albuquerque FBI spokesman seeking comment for this story, but telephone calls and messages were never returned.

I for one welcome our imminent fiery demise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Finally, aliens!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

praise b 2 satan

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

In Albuquerque atm on unrelated business. Happy to be hear for the end of the world tho

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
I just bought a case of beer and have a well stocked liquor cabinet.. all I can say is thank god. Might need to take up smoking again though.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone got a neutrino detector? Should show a massive spike.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Please stop listening to Alex Jones.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bogus Adventure posted:

Please stop listening to Alex Jones.

gently caress you Mom!!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I am ready

NO WAIT

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
hard sun really tailed off at the end and suffered a moderate to severe case of the bbc dramas but there was some good stuff in there

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
It's just a wormhole that will solely drain the sun of life over a million years. Nothing to worry about.

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

if hes anything like me and my dad its going to involve a lot of screaming and threats until i get hit and then call the cops

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
It's about loving time Trump did something about Big Sun.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
GOOD

CANT WAIT OP

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

The National Solar Observatory is mysteriously shut down and the FBI is somehow involved

I for one welcome our imminent fiery demise

Arizona is the worst state

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

That bites.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If theres a black hole i'm gonna gently caress it!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Icochet posted:

If theres a black hole i'm gonna gently caress it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The world is not allowed to end until after I pass this loving kidney stone. I am not going out while this bastard stays in.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Jawdins posted:

It's about loving time Trump did something about Big Sun.

This seems more like the work of Mr Burns in his continuing crusade to destroy the sun. If Trump was behind it the helicopter would have crashed, there would be fifteen leakers, the Russians would be involved, and there would be multiple tweets blaming the whole thing on “Democrats” who are actually Republicans. They also would have accidentally broadcast the Russian piss tape into space and this would end up being our first contact with the larger interstellar community.

Xenocides fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 12, 2018

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Oh yeah, lsd is the answer

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Listen. It is terrible, but every living thing does die. It's fine, though. Y'all will all come back now, ya hear?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jawdins posted:

Oh yeah, lsd is the answer

gently caress yeah!

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
OP, you forgot the rest of the article where it says a security threat occurred, possibly meaning an intruder. Thanks for the wild spin on the story, though.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haha op I’m safe it’s night time nice try idiot

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Fake News. :sad:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks OBAMA

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Where is NORAD located?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vato posted:

Where is NORAD located?

no rad is anywhere you happen to be, loser

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

so wait if the sun explodes how long until it kills me? like 7 minutes right??

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Blast of Confetti posted:

no rad is anywhere you happen to be, loser

You're right!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9EJ0qXNJGg

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
before we're dead, quick let's set up an experiment to prove a scientific theory

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
we have at least 9 minutes

this is a very clever post

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Bajaj posted:

OP, you forgot the rest of the article where it says a security threat occurred, possibly meaning an intruder. Thanks for the wild spin on the story, though.

an intruder, requiring the entire facility to be shut down for several days along with the nearby post office, right

how much are they paying you to spread disinfo

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i can't read but in my opinion if the sun explodes then global warming will probably stop so this sounds like good news imhombffglolwtf

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bbq

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Xenocides posted:

This seems more like the work of Mr Burns in his continuing crusade to destroy the sun. If Trump was behind it the helicopter would have crashed, there would be fifteen leakers, the Russians would be involved, and there would be multiple tweets blaming the whole thing on “Democrats” who are actually Republicans. They also would have accidentally broadcast the Russian piss tape into space and this would end up being our first contact with the larger stellar interstellar community.

So if I am right the first thing the aliens see on their scopes when they enter our universe is DJT getting pissed on?

hosed up. We should get to see the piss tape first.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I love you all. :witch:

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

And...now we are dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vato posted: