Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
I personally think the sunspot actually proved time travel exists. No particular reason; just feels right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Reading conspiracy theories about the sun is kind of fun.

quote:

"There's no government agency milking billions of dollars from the taxpayers pockets every year because the earth orbits the sun."

Clearly, such an uncritical statement needs to be challenged. Consider, for example, some of the vested interests in the so-called "sun," which we are told is AN ENORMOUS CONTINUOUS NUCLEAR EXPLOSION occurring IN PLAIN SIGHT, generating potentially HARMFUL RADIATION covering large parts of the Earth

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Blast of Confetti posted:

help how does distance work

quote:

Secondly, as with the moon, if the sun existed, a horrible apocalyptic collision with the earth would be expected. While the moon would have to plummet into the earth, since our planet supposedly revolves around the sun, we should expect to come crashing down into the sun. While the moon is said to be 384 000km from the earth and the sun 149 600 000km from the earth, the sun is much bigger than the moon. The moon is said to have a diametre of 3476km, the earth a diametre of 12 756km (at the equator). Since the sun supposedly has a diametre 109 times that of the earth, it has diametre of approximately 1 390 404km (109 X 12 756). To compare in ratio the supposed sun-moon diametres and supposed sun-moon distances from earth, divide 149 600 000 (sun-earth distance) by 384 400 (moon-earth distance), and also divide 1 309 404 (sun diametre) by 3 476 (moon diametre). The respective distance-diametre ratio is then approximately, 389.18 : 376.70. The supposed larger distance from the earth, is compensated by the supposed sun's larger size.

Concerned that we may realize this, the astrological community admits the swallowing of the earth by the sun, which we are told will expand over billions of years until it wondrously explodes as a supernova. Need I say more?

I guess it makes sense that if you think the sun is a hoax the moon must be too.

• Locked thread