Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
My mom has an Apple Watch and it’s such a deeply personal device that it’s hard to justify telling her that I’d like to wipe it for a day and use it to get an idea of the lifestyle improvements in any. She’s too tech-intimidated to use the notifications, widgets, etc; like we literally just learned we can do speakerphone calls on it last month. It’s an expensive heart rate monitor with a clock.

Based on how elderly the features focused are, I’m guessing Apple is also seeing the Watch as a must have niche product for elderly people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I just wanted a cheap phone without 3D Touch. Instead I’m seeing cheap phones with 3D Touch.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

ManSedan posted:

Anyway coming from a 7, and not wanting to blow a solid grand, that XR is looking mighty fine.

A phone with a 720p screen looks “mighty fine” to someone owning a 7?

Jesus, dude. If you must upgrade in less than three years, go buy a used X since they have no MSRP guidance now that they’re discontinued and that might provide values.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

LionArcher posted:

Look, a macrumors poster! The screen on the xR will in all likelihood be fine if not awesome, since most people don’t know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to screen quality, viewing distance and pixels online.

You can cram all the hardware pixels you want, the system’s picture output is still locked to an equivalent-to-720 image.

I love how my iPad Pro displays images more crisply than any other device I own. I wouldn’t want to take a step backward in that department, viewing distances be damned. At $750 I want a screen that’s as indistinguishable from paper as previous models.

• Locked thread