Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I missed most of the keynote because I was at an appointment (started watching when the XR got announced) but I caught up on the thread and it doesn't seem like I'm missing much by not getting the new one(s) since I already have the X. I've already got an OLED screen, Face ID, 3D Touch, a great camera, etc.

Crazy that the XSMAXXX has an even bigger screen than the X which already has a bigger screen than the Plus. That's huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Xabi posted:

Who the gently caress needs 512 gb anyway?
I got a 256GB 7+ and ended up not using most of it. I got that model to fill it up with music, but then shortly after I got it I started using Spotify, so I didn't need to fill up my storage with music anymore. And I've been on the 50GB iCloud plan for probably a couple years now, so all my photos are covered by that. Basically with everything in the cloud, I no longer needed to have much local storage on my phone.

My X that I have now has 128GB and I think I'm using like <20GB of that lmao

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ufarn posted:

The Xr has LCD display instead of regular X OLED which might tie into the lack of 3D Touch. It's a different display altogether.
Didn't all previous iPhones (except the X) have LCD displays? And they had 3D Touch since 2015 lol

I'm not even a fan of that feature, but it seems weird for them to omit it on this model when all the others have it. Having an LCD display never seemed to restrict 3D Touch capability the last few years.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ufarn posted:

I don't mean this sarcastically, but does the new iOS actually let you mass-close notification without 3D Touch? Because not having that for my 5S is maddening.
Yep. I think they changed that a couple betas ago. Before it was 3D Touch-only, but now you can do it without.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Housh posted:

I just got home from work. How do I watch it? Is there a stream archive or link yet?
https://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2018/

• Locked thread