Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My HHL team is a potential juggernaut I hope I win this year. It's easily my favorite fantasy league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Personal thanks to T-Bone for forgetting to take Boeser off IR before this two goal game he's having.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I have Bergeron, Schwartz, Buchnevich, and now Byfuglien on IR. This honestly isnt really fun if I can't IR even two of them and replace their production. I have to either lose all of my matchups or drop all stars who will be back in a couple of weeks

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Yaya posted:

Personal thanks to T-Bone for forgetting to take Boeser off IR before this two goal game he's having.

just call me stan bowman

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Yaya posted:

me and auston matthews. fucker wasted no time going from no contact to game action

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
fantasy hockey isnt about "having fun"

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
So, as I mentioned before, I am in last place in the HHL. I decided to do a deeper dive to see what, exactly, is the issue. I am one of the top producers in points in the league, but my team lacks grit. I am near the bottom in PIM, hits, and blocks. My goalies have also been mediocre.

At this point, I think the only way I get better is through trading. Other than Reinhart, Virtanen and Pearson (with the latter two being hit and block producers), no one on my team is droppable. I am stuck!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Twin Cinema posted:

So, as I mentioned before, I am in last place in the HHL. I decided to do a deeper dive to see what, exactly, is the issue. I am one of the top producers in points in the league, but my team lacks grit. I am near the bottom in PIM, hits, and blocks. My goalies have also been mediocre.

At this point, I think the only way I get better is through trading. Other than Reinhart, Virtanen and Pearson (with the latter two being hit and block producers), no one on my team is droppable. I am stuck!

I'd look at offers for Evander Kane.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I'd like to make some trades in HHL, I put some guys on the trading block who are good but who I would consider trading for guys who are equally good in different ways.

e: also open to trading any of the guys I didn't put on the trading block

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 2, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm open to stuff in the LSL and HHL but the problem is my goaltending is so bad in both leagues that I don't think either team has a chance.

I picked Jones/Murray #2/#3 in the LSL I think lol

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

I'm open to stuff in the LSL and HHL but the problem is my goaltending is so bad in both leagues that I don't think either team has a chance.

I picked Jones/Murray #2/#3 in the LSL I think lol

I would deal Hank...

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My Bobrovsky/Jones tandem is turning out to be a problem in HHL and I was really not expecting that.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
well I gave up on having so many injured players on my roster, missing so many roster spots just affects every category and I can't afford to keep dropping games... ugh. It sucks because I'm not really able to keep up on daily news from my usual timezone so I'll probably miss the point to pick guys back up. Oh well.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

I would deal Hank...

In the HHL? I don't see a lot of upside there (I think the Rangers will regress this season if anything) but I guess he can't be worse than Jake Allen.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
no more goalies

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

no more goalies

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
my HHL/LSL teams are starting to come together a bit although I think my goaltending will ultimately doom me in both

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
carter hart will save me

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

If we were to hold a vote to just remove all the goalie categories mid-season, I'd, uh, totally be cool with that.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

fancy stats posted:

If we were to hold a vote to just remove all the goalie categories mid-season, I'd, uh, totally be cool with that.

:|

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Oh good, a week where my Quick/Price/Halak trio is doing well, and my offense dries up.

I am in last place. My team is done for the year. I am open to making deals for the future.

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
So looks like whoever is running The Maple Leaves in LSL is going full-on sabotage mode now. Dropped all of their goalies (Dubnyk, Adin Hill, Brossoit) with no new pickups and last night won a waiver claim for Mathieu Joseph, who's on IR and hasn't played since the 10th, even though they've already got 2 guys on IR that aren't even stashed in IR slots.

Admittedly I did score Dubnyk on waivers but he hasn't started yet and I've got no problem having him taken from me if that's a thing, act of fairness or w/e (In my "defense" I put the claim in before I even noticed how far they'd gone). I have no idea what powers a commish even has in a situation like this, if any. I'll leave him benched until whatever happens happens.

I know we normally end up with a bunch of inactives but this is next-level suck. Even if nothing can be done it'd probably be worth making note of their name and stopping them from joining next year.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Goalies suck and it's a long term plan

i suck tho so sure i'll leave

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Goalie Free Is The Way To Be

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

It might come off as anti-fun, but I don't really think the no goalie strategy is all that fair and think that 2 should be mandatory or there should be an equal number of goalie stats counted as skater stats. I can see punting one category for a gain in another, but here it's punting 4 stats for a substantial gain in 9 others (HHL).

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I would've traded for Dubnyk imho

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

thats uh its my first time doing fantasy i didnt know trades were a thing

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

MagicCube posted:

It might come off as anti-fun, but I don't really think the no goalie strategy is all that fair and think that 2 should be mandatory or there should be an equal number of goalie stats counted as skater stats. I can see punting one category for a gain in another, but here it's punting 4 stats for a substantial gain in 9 others (HHL).

man i wish i was punting the goalie stats to get big gains in 9 others. i'm dumping any chance at winning 4 cats to pick up a small-to-moderate advantage in about 3-4 cats. the bottom 3 guys on my roster are basically there to put up faceoffs, shots, and one of hits/assists/goals. i looked through all of my HHL matchups and there was never really a week where i just rear end-blasted a competitive team out of the water on the strength of my extra 3 forwards. i storm a few categories, usually 3-4 to match the 3-4 goalie cats i'm giving up for free, and we fight it out over the remaining 6-8 hence the 68-60-2 record to date

also everyone on my team got hurt at once and i'm gonna get my revenge on you anton strawman you punk rear end

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
It's an even heavier punt in LSL too, since having 0 goalies doesn't just cost you the usual wins/sv/sv%/gaa, failing your minimum weekly will cost you shutouts no matter what too, so really you're punting 5 categories for a shot at boosting the other 10, and as a midseason thing LSL's waiver wire will be way too barren to move much more than either grit or faceoffs. In something like LOLHL that might be more interesting, since you'd only be punting the 3 goalie categories for improvements at the 8 skater ones. LSL though it's just a death wish.

That said it wasn't just the goalie thing that made me think it was sabotage, it was the stacking up on IR guys (which kinda runs counter to trying to stack up the 10 skater categories), the odd Joseph Waiver pickup and the whole not even having guys started. But hey, if he's active and it's an earnest attempt at something, then :shrug:

deadEd fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 22, 2018

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Aye Doc posted:

also everyone on my team got hurt at once and i'm gonna get my revenge on you anton strawman you punk rear end

:(

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
it's cool poo poo happens I guess.

deadEd are you really gonna run 4 starters? The LSL ultimate

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001

T-Bone posted:

it's cool poo poo happens I guess.

deadEd are you really gonna run 4 starters? The LSL ultimate

It's only really 3 :v: . Took a swing at Dubnyk since Varlamov's had an embarrassing December and Grubauer hadn't been much better until these last 2 games. Still kind of amazed I even got him since I was 15th of 16 on Waiver Priority. I'm always over-cautious about goalies in this league since my first LSL season, where I think I only drafted Rinne, Ray Emery (ripd) and Jason Labarbera :lol: . To make matters worse, that was the year Rinne's hip got infected and he missed the majority of the year. I was having to deep dive on the waiver every week just to even meet my 3 starts. Don't know what I even would have done that year if Torts hadn't have driven Luongo out of town and rode Eddie Lack into dust.

deadEd fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 22, 2018

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I was 16 of 16 are you seriously telling me I lost out on Dubnyk to the last guy that had a chance to beat me ugh goddamnit I am raging

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
figures that the one week my goaltending shows up (Bobrovsky/Jones in HHL) is the week my offense doesn't produce aside from Pastrnak and Matthews

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

figures that the one week my goaltending shows up (Bobrovsky/Jones in HHL) is the week my offense doesn't produce aside from Pastrnak and Matthews

It's an absolute dog fight in the HHL. 11th place is only 6 points behind 6th place.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm really enjoying the run of luck I've been having, tbh. My reckoning is coming, and it's gonna be gross.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Moves made and games played shall carry me to the promised land that is an embarassing first round exit.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm back baby

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I've only had a losing record one week in LSL so far and it's when I ran into the buzzsaw that is the Hot Dog Police.

Definitely the best team I've ever drafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Somehow I'm 3rd in both leagues again (still 6th in the LOL but that team is weird).

I don't think my goaltending lasts in the HHL, although if anyone who's out of it wants to make a trade lemme know. I actually think my LSL team is pretty good now that Murray and Jones are playing well -- that team could win it all.