Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
In the HHL, how long can you keep a player? Is it for 3 or 4 seasons? Lets say I drafted someone before the 16-17 season, kept him before 17-18, is this my last year of keeping him or do I get one more season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Somehow I'm 3rd in both leagues again (still 6th in the LOL but that team is weird).

I don't think my goaltending lasts in the HHL, although if anyone who's out of it wants to make a trade lemme know. I actually think my LSL team is pretty good now that Murray and Jones are playing well -- that team could win it all.

I would consider dealing Gibson but I have him at a very good price. I am willing to deal Konecny, who is struggling like the Flyers are but has a $3 price tag. I think I am most looking for another center.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

I would consider dealing Gibson but I have him at a very good price. I am willing to deal Konecny, who is struggling like the Flyers are but has a $3 price tag. I think I am most looking for another center.

Hmmm Gibson is intriguing although with how bad the Ducks look I feel like you're only getting sv % out of him. I'll think about it though.

Twin Cinema posted:

In the HHL, how long can you keep a player? Is it for 3 or 4 seasons? Lets say I drafted someone before the 16-17 season, kept him before 17-18, is this my last year of keeping him or do I get one more season?

You'd get one more year.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

Basically a player can be on your roster for three consecutive seasons.
Year 1: The year you first added them to the roster via draft/pickup
Year 2: First time keeper
Year 3: Second time keeper - after this year they go back into the draft

I forget what the rule is if someone drops their keeper and a new team picks them up. I would think the "counter" gets reset and that new team could keep them for another 2 seasons but that might not be the case.

T-Bone posted:

I don't think my goaltending lasts in the HHL, although if anyone who's out of it wants to make a trade lemme know. I actually think my LSL team is pretty good now that Murray and Jones are playing well -- that team could win it all.

I would consider selling low on Bobrovsky or Jones, but looking at your roster I'm not sure there's a trade that makes sense for us.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 10, 2019

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Hmmm Gibson is intriguing although with how bad the Ducks look I feel like you're only getting sv % out of him. I'll think about it though.

You'd get one more year.

True, although I am not too big on your forwards aside from the untradeables. Hmmm.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I am very willing to make a deal with next season in mind but I actually really like my forwards - Buch and Konecny underachieved this year so far but both are cheap with major upside - but still willing to deal them. Schwartz and the Blues have been disappointing, but overall having Bergeron/Rantanen/Stamkos/Dadonov/EKane is a pretty nice core.

I just think I suck at H2H strategy because I've been a Roto player all my life and honestly a lot of the matchups end before I even realize it. I think next year I will be better.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
my LSL team is still scorin goalz but is actually doing other stuff now too and it's cool

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I would consider selling low on Bobrovsky or Jones, but looking at your roster I'm not sure there's a trade that makes sense for us.

Yeah I've got like...Hischier I guess? I dunno I've got a lot of vets and I think all/most of my keepers are in their last year of eligibility.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Yeah I've got like...Hischier I guess? I dunno I've got a lot of vets and I think all/most of my keepers are in their last year of eligibility.

What would it take to get Hischier with Gibson? Willing to do a package trade.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

What would it take to get Hischier with Gibson? Willing to do a package trade.

Still not sure I want Gibson, but I'll let you know soon.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Someone should offer me a deal. My roster sucks and I am very willing to deal almost anyone in exchange for younger talent to keep. Or anyone who wants Konecny or Buch at low prices can offer.

Stamkos available. I lack D and forwards.

I lack defensemen

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone, what did you pay for Max Domi?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
He was a FA add. $1.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

OK so he's untradeable then. Yeah I don't know who else I would want on your team then.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'd move him for a better veteran my thing is that I really need goaltending and Gibson and the Ducks are tanking hard.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

I'd move him for a better veteran my thing is that I really need goaltending and Gibson and the Ducks are tanking hard.

Which vet? I would deal Kane, Bergeron, possibly Stamkos if it were maybe a 2 for 2. I am trying to just get cheap good keepers for next year at this point. I would do maybe Gibson and Stamkos for Domi and ???

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I essentially just want fun cheap keepers for next season and am willing to firesale veterans so keep that in mind. I think I am working on a blockbuster deal right now so send me offers if you wanna get in first. Almost everyone is tradeable for the right keeper.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I accepted. I only have one or two viable keeper options moving in to next season, but I'm hoping this trade is enough to push me into serious championship contender status over the last few weeks.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Sick. I don't play fantasy hockey so I would not be shocked if everyone says I got hosed but my roster is bad and I want good cheap keepers so next year I can make a run.

Also I love Heiskanen and want him on my team.

Firesale is still open folks.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah I definitely win the trade this season but it leaves me with basically nothing left for the future, especially with Pastrnak no longer being an option for me. Barzal is my only solid keeper left. Going for broke here.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Yeah - now I have Rantanen, Larkin, Tkachuk, Heiskanen all for super cheap. Probably Rittich for $1 too and one other player, who I hope to acquire in another trade. But those five keepers are gonna cost me nothing

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 18, 2019

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Keepers are capped at 4 but nonetheless that's a good, cheap, foursome whatever direction you go. Gives you a lot of money to play with at the draft.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Ah right. But yeah now it's Larkin/Rantanen/Tkachuk/Heiskanen for next to nothing. I'm down. So I guess there isn't much of a need to do another deal.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I would like some honest feedback though. I'm trying to learn H2H and fantasy hockey valuations. Are those good enough keepers to warrant throwing my season for? Is this a disaster for me? Or is it reasonable?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Also why is there no way to see the dollar value of players?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Dollar value can be seen in the draft result tab I think. Those are four very good keepers for their cost (basically nothing). Larkin in particular does a lot for our scoring format. I think Tkachuk, should he take a step forward next year, will be great value with his physical style of play as well. Hits are a tricky category to win and he's one of those rare guys who looks like he can be a scorer while also throwing the body a lot.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Yep. I also think Miro could hit 20 goals next year. Cool.

EDIT: So officially I will spend $8 on those four players next season.

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 18, 2019

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Those keepers are pretty good, yeah (although generally I think spending decent money on keepers is OK if you really like the players). It looks like you don't need Domi, but I'll let you know if I'm desperate enough to ride the Randy Carlyle train.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
if anyone in LSL needs a goalie i can't really afford to carry 4 anymore when I'm losing FW/H/BLK every single week

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am also looking towards next year and trying to figure out my keeper situation. As of right now, my list includes Carter Hart, Rakell, Reinhart, Ehlers, and Granlund. I am not particularly jazzed about the latter three, because while they get points, they don't do much else in this league.

I'd be happy to part with Eichel for someone who would be a better keeper than these three.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

I am also looking towards next year and trying to figure out my keeper situation. As of right now, my list includes Carter Hart, Rakell, Reinhart, Ehlers, and Granlund. I am not particularly jazzed about the latter three, because while they get points, they don't do much else in this league.

I'd be happy to part with Eichel for someone who would be a better keeper than these three.

Made you an offer.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I need to make a trade in HHL so I don't waste the last season I have Scheifele.

Somebody trade me a couple power forwards, I need more hits, PIM's, and SOG's.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 13, 2019

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

This went well.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Pretty cool of all my centres to decide to punt FOWs for me the last few weeks.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it's cool how i got 5 goals on a monday night and am currently losing that category to my opponent

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
bout to ride Binnington to this 4peat

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

My understanding of the keeper rules in HHL is that since I picked up Ehlers off of waivers this year, his keeper time gets reset and he costs $2 next year. Is that still true?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Isn't the point that a player will return to the draft after four years?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
If I remember correctly, picking someone up off of waivers resets their keeper timer and cost, but even if you only have them for a week this season it still counts as a full year and you'd only be able to keep that player for up to two more seasons. If you drop your own player and pick him back up off of waivers later, the timer isn't reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
From what I recall, it resets the cost, but NOT the number of seasons the player can be kept.

And drat, I gave T-Bone a good run for that second bye, but I think he edged me out by a point.

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 4, 2019