Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hello, and welcome to the fantasy hockey thread for the 2018-19 NHL season. If you edit your starting lineup for an entire season you too can be a Goon Champion.

Websites to Play On:
Yahoo! Sports: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
ESPN: http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/hockey
CBC: http://hockeypool.cbc.ca/cbc/hnicp12/notice
CBS: http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyhockey

I think almost everyone uses Yahoo for their leagues.

You can also play daily fantasy leagues on the sites that have commercials all over TV (DraftKings, FanDuel, probably some other ones). We'll talk about a Goon money league again this year and probably not do it.

Goon Leagues
I only added the two leagues I am active in - please let me know if you want yours added to the OP.

Long Stick League: (9th Season) - Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (4)
Site: Yahoo!
Live draft on Oct 1 4:00PM PDT/7:00 EDT
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live
Reigning Champion: KaiserCortez
Teams: 20
Scoring: H2H
Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, W, W, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Hockiest Hockey League: (8th Season) Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (2)
Live draft on Oct 2 5:00PM PDT/8:00 EDT
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live (AUCTION/KEEPER LEAGUE)
Reigning Champion: T-Bone
Teams: 14
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

LOLHL: (12th Season) - Commissioner (waxluthor) - Open Spots (3)
Live draft on Oct 1 1:30PM PDT/4:30 EDT
Invite: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/39376/invitation?key=03927e60dab49540&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=8a4526efba82184d
Draft Type: Live
Reigning Champion: T-Bone
Teams: 14
Roster Positions: C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

Federal League
RIP DENIS LEMIEUX

Other Useful Sites To Look At
http://www.leftwinglock.com/starting-goalies
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nhl/hockey
http://bleacherreport.com/fantasy-hockey
http://www.dobberhockey.com/

I'm thinking about making a Denis Lemieux Memorial League this year with like a $20 buy-in or something lemme know if anyone wants to do that.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
whoops this should say 2018-2019 in the topic

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
also the fourpeat is on boys

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Four spots (at least) in the LSL to get us back to 20. 2 in the HHL (at least) to get us to 16.

I sent invites out for both leagues, so you have to accept if them if you want back in!

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 12, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

Email me about the Hockiest Hockey League. gently caress it I'll do it.

EDIT: Hmm forgot I don't have PM's. How do you wanna do this?

what's your email

also you should join the LSL because it's at its insane best with 20 people

fancy stats posted:

Let's lose HHL again.

What were the keeper rules?

Last year's salary +20% for cost (your budget is $500) Up to 4 keepers

(players can be on a roster for up to 3 years)

Gobias Ind. posted:

10/1 LSL draft is not good for me, but if it's best for everyone else I will make due. I can do almost any weeknight (preferably 8pm so I can get the kids down); just not the 1st.

e: Back as Factory of Saadness for now

I can change poo poo fo sho

Aye Doc posted:

I'll take a spot in all 3 open leagues. what do you need me to do T-Bone, pm you my email?

yes please!

Jordan7hm posted:

In for a money league.

Also the athletic should be starting fantasy coverage soon.

You should run it imo didn't you run the last one that worked?

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 12, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Mr. Holland's Anus

lmao

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
don't worry about the keeper thing in the LSL, ignore it.

I won't send HHL invites to new folks until I figure out which managers aren't coming back.

Plenty of spots in the LSL, so let me know if you want to join that.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Hmmm. I guess send me an LSL invite and I will take a look.

sent

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

toe knee hand posted:

Joined HHL. I'll come back to LSL too after a one year hiatus, I recently quit a game that took up a lot of my time so I need something else to geek out on.

sent

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
HHL and LSL both have hits/blocks so I don't value him too highly there but if you're in a normal G/A league he could be a solid pickup, the problem is that everyone knows him which probably drives up his draft spot.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
still some spots in the league bumpin

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I've got 6 spots in the LSL, and 2-4 spots in the HHL. Come at me friends.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

heeheex2 posted:

I’d like to join LSL if there’s still room, heeheex7@hotmail.com thank you!

sent!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

sent!

i am the bird posted:

I'd like to join one but the west coast best coast times would have me missing the beginning of the draft. Lemme figure out what works best but I'll def join one.

what's the earliest time you can make?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
aye doc/fawning, I'll give you guys teams in the HHL soon (you'll get to pick keepers from their last year's rosters).

That means I'm at 12 teams for the HHL and 16 for the LSL. That's fine for both but I can go to 20 on the LSL and 16 on the HHL for sure so let me know if you're interested.

HHL dudes remember to get me keepers soon!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm gonna do

MacKinnon $41 -> $50
Hall $39 -> $47
Kopitar $49 -> $59
Ristolainen $1 -> $2

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

You must have had a great year last season with the 3 Hart finalists...

3 peat baby

you can do both don't worry it's FUN, I'm just waiting to see who's not coming back for sure before I give you a roster for the keeper league

mentholmoose posted:

Some of the guys I want to keep in HHL might be ineligible, do you have the list?

Also I can’t really start a draft any later than 8 Eastern on Sunday or Monday thanks to work. Any time on Tuesday is fine though.

I'll get a list up this weekend

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jordan7hm posted:

What do I need to do to reup in HHL?

You should have gotten an email invite on your Yahoo account

I kinda have time for one, esp a huge keeper league...

up to you, although I think you're probably overestimating how much time the keeper league takes, I won it last year with 12 waiver moves, so the majority of it is just setting your lines and maybe sitting your goalies occasionally when you can't get caught on GAA/SV%

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I don't think I changed anything? I think I've had HHL For 10/1 and LSL for 10/2 since I put up the leagues

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
they're both H2H leagues

I'll try to get you and Aye Doc rosters soon though, that should put us at 12 teams which is fine. Did you already leave the LSL? If not what's your team name?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Alright so I definitely need 1 more team for the LSL (right now we're at 15, it can go to 20). HHL can hold up up four more after I give fawning/aye doc rosters (right now we're at 12, it can go to 16).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

sent

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ineligible Keeper List
Connor McDavid
Sergei Bobrovsky
Colton Parayko
Leon Draisatl
Alexander Barkov
William Nylander
Radko Gudas
Jake Allen
Shayne Gostisbehere
Brad Marchand
Andrei Vasilevskiy
John Gibson

Reminder that you can keep up to four players at +20% of their previously paid for price.
Link to last year's rosters: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/hockiesthockey/2017

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 24, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
fawning / aye doc I invited you to manage your teams

fawning it doesn't look like Genki is coming back so here's your team, Aye Doc your team should be in the PM

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 24, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Triple Post Action

I've got up to four spots in the LSL left and depending on if Jordan comes back to the HHL, one-three spots there. I need an even amount of teams in each league so please let me know if you're interested soooooon.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
alright so Jordan just renewed so I definitely need 1 more team for the HHL to get us to 14 by next week.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
If you go to last year's season and then 'Draft Results' it should show there. If anyone is not listed it means they were most likely a FA pickup (probably for $1 although a few players may have been added at a higher value).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

And the total cap for teams to spend?

$500

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

genki posted:

Did I lose my HHL spot? It's not showing up as renewed for me (didn't get an email, not part of my current leagues)...

Oh wait, what's this poo poo:

I stopped checking this subforum for updates because no one posted about fantasy hockey and my other leagues re-upped weeks ago, and then within a few days I lose my team? Ugh.

edit: wait, this thread was made on the 12th? I have no idea how I missed it. Well anyhow, I'm still in and considering I finished second, I would like to keep my team, but I guess whatever you guys decide. I never got an email about the league renewal, at any rate. My other two yahoo leagues were fine.

edit again: oh apparently for this one league, my email was set to a different address that I don't check. wtf. welp.

I can get you this team back, and give Fawning a different team, we need another person anyway so that's perfect.

Lemme figure out how to transfer teams and give Fawning a new list of keepers to pick from. What's your preferred email ?

ok yeah so Genki lemme know your email and I'll transfer the team back to you (and let me know your keepers of course)

fawning here's your ACTUAL TEAM to pick from, I'll transfer it to your email:

annnd once aye doc accepts the invite we'll have an even 14 teams, good times

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 25, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
edit: nm I see it

Aye Doc accept the invite you madman!

fawning I sent you the new invite, lemme know your new keepers when you get the chance

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 25, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

So I am still on as Genki's team. Your invite didn't work because I am in the league already. I can't choose keepers without knowing the values of the players

Genki probably has to accept first, I'll reinvite after he does. You can see prices here: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nhl/2017/38176/draftresults

Ghost and Leon are ineligible.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
They were on that roster for three seasons - league rules.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Anyone on the final roster is eligible (outside of the three seasons rule) so Rantanen works.

As for total costs that's probably a bit higher than average but not unreasonable if you're high on those guys (I kept McDavid for instance at a very high price).

I don't think Benn or Kessel would go for quite that high in the draft but that's in the ballpark.

The league in general has been trending towards spending big money on elite players, I'm not sure if that's the correct strategy or not. I think probably elite guys were undervalued for a while and now maybe they're cost appropriate or perhaps overvalued, I guess we'll see.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 25, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
ok cool, I think I have most peoples but I'll check tonight

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Keepers have been entered. Here's what we're looking at for costs predraft:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
:siren: HHL draft is tonight at 8 EST :siren:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
HHL draft in 20 minutes!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Boyle Checks
1. (33) Ilya Kovalchuk (LA - LW,RW) $30
2. (47) Nico Hischier (NJ - C) $42
3. (56) Jake Allen (StL - G) $71
4. (61) Cory Schneider (NJ - G) $45
5. (75) Kyle Palmieri (NJ - RW) $27
6. (83) Morgan Rielly (Tor - D) $21
7. (89) Casey Mittelstadt (Buf - C) $21
8. (101) Nino Niederreiter (Min - LW,RW) $13
9. (103) Colton Parayko (StL - D) $27
10. (117) Brandon Saad (Chi - LW) $15
11. (144) Boone Jenner (Cls - C,LW) $7
12. (156) Jacob Trouba (Wpg - D) $10
13. (168) Dmitry Orlov (Was - D) $1
14. (179) Keith Kinkaid (NJ - G) $1
15. (214) Rasmus Ristolainen  (Buf - D) $2
16. (215) Anze Kopitar  (LA - C) $59
17. (216) Taylor Hall  (NJ - LW) $47
18. (217) Nathan MacKinnon  (Col - C) $50

Light on blocks but seems reasonable. The Devils will surely gently caress me though.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
:siren: LSL draft is tonight at 8pm EST! :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
yeah, you can just preset the whole week though