Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Didn't read the rules and I would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asphyxious posted:

Folks, my investigative ability tells me there’s, like, TWO scum teams!

For reals?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Your Personal Muse posted:

My investigation tells me y’all are dweebs

Checks out

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Confirming im in the game!

##vote Dick Bastardly

Hi DB.

Hello yams, are you scum? Why or why not?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
imgay are you scum? Why or why not?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Confirming, I'm just trying to stay paid, and laughter really don't pay too much. *chain smokes*

"Hey you, yeah you... wanna see a show? It'll run you 20, but it's a lovely show, oh what no kids? It's a raunchy show... it involves the bearded lady, a handful of mayonnaise, and some old pocket lint, but my god... best show of your life.

Oh, oh, not for you? Your loss... what's that, directions to a mechanic? BUDDY, look no further, my tools are a bit unconventional but carnie life ain't exactly conventional

*attaches shoe strings and gum to the engine and closes the hood.*

That oughtta do it. 39.99 for the oil and parts. What? What do you mean 'what oil and parts?' The oil of hardwork and did you not see the premasticated adhesive or auxiliary connecting fiber ducts, trying to rob me or something? And people call ME a scammer, yeesh! The nerves of some folk!

... by the way, can I interest you in a suit, DVDs or handbags? I'm supporting a family of twelve and my 2 legged dog has the cough. What do you mean. 'the cough?' THE COUGH you insensitive brute! Oh, oh you want this pre release infinity league 2: it's got the uh, the uh, the abominable hulk and doctor who or some poo poo like that. Never before seen. I guarantee it. For you, 19.99 a steal, literally a steal."

me too, but I'm on break

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
*Knock knock*

"Who's there?"

Merk and YPM

"Merk and YPM who?"

Merk and YPM Scum, the scum brothers.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asiina posted:

I would like for the people who weren't on the turbo yesterday to say if they would have voted imgay if they were here.

The only people who were here but didn't vote for imgay after the word turbo was mentioned were DB and AA who didn't say anything about it, so I'd like to hear from them too.

I thought it was fun at first, and totally didn't expect it to turn out the way it did when I checked the thread after work and the day ended with imgay's mislunch.

Immediate pings to start today go to merk and YPM with a heavy lean toward YPM.

I'll analyze in depth later but for now I'm going back to work.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Also I'm about halfway through page 7 and ~slowly~ catching up at work for the next few hours.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

This pings me.

State what pings you now and I'll get back to you later about why your mistaken.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Drawing attention to it being a mislunch reads like an attempt to build town cred. Neutral read on you for now because your posting is always scummy.

I actually agree with this. The exact same thing pinged me about YPM with this post:

I can’t believe willie hammered the innocent town imgay smh, he is probably scum

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I know that it's a JokephaiseTM (pretend the TM is subscript, I am phone posting and too lazy to figure it out atm) post, but it still give me the ol' ping in the gooch.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

It almost seems too put on. Like YPM is performing an act. Most of YPMs posts up to pg 7 (where I left off in my in depth reading) read like that to me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

My interactions with merk up to that point were clearly jokes, and anyone actually truly engaging with me would see that.

Gaspy admits that he wasn't joking and that it was "semi serious", so that defense is out.

I take joke phase into consideration for my reads, but I am willing to cut you some slack as far as trying not to be too critical about early D1 posts. But let's not downplay the fact that scum know this and are usually (and I think in your case extra) flippant due to a sense of safety and confidence that the chance of scum being cased and rightly lunched D1 are low.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

AA once again fails to determine whether something is a joke or if it is real.

I'm going to go ahead and ##vote gaspy. There is no way he believed his shade on me and he didn't do it to pressure me (he immediately distanced himself from the case when I pressed him on it). He was looking for something scummy in a vacuum but didn't consider the larger picture. That's someone who is making up cases.

I missed this post at the top of the page but saw it quoted later and it makes me feel better about YPM. This is the kind of scum hunting I'd expect from a townie.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asiina posted:

I would like for the people who weren't on the turbo yesterday to say if they would have voted imgay if they were here.

The only people who were here but didn't vote for imgay after the word turbo was mentioned were DB and AA who didn't say anything about it, so I'd like to hear from them too.

I don't think I answered the question previously, no I don't think I would have participated in the turbo because I already have a hard time surviving the first few days and I think my participation would've been great fodder to push a mislunch on me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Great so we were all there on the journey where you assumed I was scum until you *checks notes* read the thread. But you haven't told us about anyone else.

Who's scum?

I agree with the case against merk about pushing a mislunch on an easy target (willie in this case). I think most of us as town would give a newb (or perceived newb) a bit more time to play the game, and if scum, enough time to make mistakes that a good case could be built from.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
So far KB is also pinging me for the low effort voting. I've played with a town KB the regularly makes huge effort posts when making cases.

I think the "new KB meta" bullshit is a great way ticket up an atmosphere that makes a scummy KB more acceptable.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

So far KB is also pinging me for the low effort voting. I've played with a town KB that regularly makes huge effort posts when making cases.

I think the "new KB meta" bullshit is a great way to conjure up an atmosphere that makes a scummy KB more acceptable.

Phone posting, see bold words for edits.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

oh cool an easy target ##vote willie

Could you at least point to a post or posts that give a shred of credence to your non-case?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Could you at least point to a post or posts that give a shred of credence to your non-case?

Because if not then welcome to the "Dick Bastardly's probable scum reads" club.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

you dunces stole d1 from me and killed imgay to boot, you deserve this

Town deserves you as scum.......ok

cool

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

this isn’t very groovy behaviour ##vote dicky b

Oh my goodness, you did it. You figured it out, you unraveled the mystery that is scum Dick Bastardly. WOw

This is amazing. Now that birb is on the case, it's game over for me. How could birb be so in touch? How does he do it?

A master truly.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote Mr F!

get your rear end in here and post

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Zyxyz posted:

Anyways, going to be busy IRL till later tonight, but figured I should hop in and confirm at least. And we here at the Carnival always have time to ##vote imgay

get your rear end in here and post too

Tommunist posted:

I ride a bike and swing my flail

and you

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
apologies if any of the aforementioned asses are currently asleep due to being on the other side of the world, but my sentiment still stands.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

is DB usually holier than thou its very off putting

some players are just........like that

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
you ever notice how my meta is "scum"?

yeah, im usually off putting

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

DB what do you think of my Gaspy case?

Your gaspy case is so amazing, so on the ball that's it's almost like it doesn't exist.

like... how do you do it? how is it possible that you are the best scum hunter this game has seen that you can hunt and catch scum without even casing them or posting?

Truly a guru, a mafia demigod.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I'd vote DB for that post

I like how you say you'd vote but then not vote haha

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

shush.

Max has 90 posts, which is nearly double the next closest person.

Yesterday was a wrongful, baseless turbo and last night dancer died for like no reason so dare I say there isn’t anything to actually make 90 posts worth of content about.

ergo Max is padding postcount to avoid suspicion, and is scum

quid rat remonstratum ##vote max

finally a real case, welcome to the game birb!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

finally a real case, welcome to the game birb!

this is in no way an endorsement of said case.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

hambeet posted:

i think ypm is is expanding out into the newly empty imgay territory of being too cool for school posting

and yet accuses me of being "holier than thou" :rolleyes:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

hambeet posted:

and that's fine, in this quasi day 1/day 2 twilight zone we're in.

is it though?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

hambeet posted:

so you're disendorsing it?

screw you chrome it's a real word!

i had to put that disclaimer in there because I had a premonition....a vision... that scum would use it against me somehow

"you agree that the top poster, Max, has added nothing of value to this game? just poo poo post sfter poo poo post to pad their count? DB is scum!! DB IS SCUUUUM!!!"

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
that's how it would go down and you all know it

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

hambeet posted:

holistic mafia

holistfia

mafistic

hmm i'll work on this

i like mafistic tbh

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asphyxious posted:

I think KB is town. He’s been hanging out for a town game for ages so he can reaffirm his new town meta and he’s been constantly signalling “THIS IS HOW I DO THINGS NOW” with a bunch of his posts so I think this is him legit trying to establish his new town game before he gets cursed to another million scum games.

His play as scum in all the other games has been much more laid back, I read his current slightly awkward approach as genuine.

I respectfully disagree.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

hambeet posted:

yeah okay that's a tad self conscious though, just go with the flow, yo.

try being me and not getting lunched in the first two days of a game.

makes you a little ~cautious~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

Oh duck this game is open

uh.. yeah. hi

##unvote

• Locked thread