Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll do the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

Yeah yiff mafia taking forever to fill up.

lol never change

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Confirming, I'm just trying to stay paid, and laughter really don't pay too much. *chain smokes*

"Hey you, yeah you... wanna see a show? It'll run you 20, but it's a lovely show, oh what no kids? It's a raunchy show... it involves the bearded lady, a handful of mayonnaise, and some old pocket lint, but my god... best show of your life.

Oh, oh, not for you? Your loss... what's that, directions to a mechanic? BUDDY, look no further, my tools are a bit unconventional but carnie life ain't exactly conventional

*attaches shoe strings and gum to the engine and closes the hood.*

That oughtta do it. 39.99 for the oil and parts. What? What do you mean 'what oil and parts?' The oil of hardwork and did you not see the premasticated adhesive or auxiliary connecting fiber ducts, trying to rob me or something? And people call ME a scammer, yeesh! The nerves of some folk!

... by the way, can I interest you in a suit, DVDs or handbags? I'm supporting a family of twelve and my 2 legged dog has the cough. What do you mean. 'the cough?' THE COUGH you insensitive brute! Oh, oh you want this pre release infinity league 2: it's got the uh, the uh, the abominable hulk and doctor who or some poo poo like that. Never before seen. I guarantee it. For you, 19.99 a steal, literally a steal."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

##vote willie_dee

Out of the short d1, wd was the most awkward in how he interacted with the turbo.

You rolled scum didn't you. Picking on poor willie eh.

##vote merk

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

willie_dee posted:

I take too long between games to remember who any of you are, but if its true that you are always winding me up, I have had my fill of it.

##vote merk

I have lost sleep over games of mafia.

lol I just imagine you clutching a blanket to your chest. A cold sweat beading on your forehead as your eyes are fixed on the ceiling. A single question on your mind... "who is the scum?"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

wd, are you voting me based on a meta that you don't even remember?

Seemed like a joke vote, but your real response seems curious yet again, friendo.

:thunk:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

willie_dee posted:

I take too long between games to remember who any of you are, but if its true that you are always winding me up, I have had my fill of it.

##vote merk

I have lost sleep over games of mafia.

Hmm maybe he was serious... I took this part as a joke

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

I would like for the people who weren't on the turbo yesterday to say if they would have voted imgay if they were here.

The only people who were here but didn't vote for imgay after the word turbo was mentioned were DB and AA who didn't say anything about it, so I'd like to hear from them too.

I wasn't there. I just confirmed. My vacation came to an end.

I'd be lying if I said a rolling start wasnt both hilarious and appealing, but I do tend to fall on the side of thinking they're not a good idea. Scum can hide easily. Doesnt provide actual info. Etc

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If I'm being real about it, I think anyone pressuring people who didn't vote imgay out is bad form and not helpful. It's one thing to protest it, but the day had barely started and like I said...

It's not a useful play by town. Its start of game fun that kills town more often than not.

Asiina riding high on the votes for a turbo like it's an actual case is laughable.

##vote asiina

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

Answer the question.

I did??

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Where in here is the answer to the question "Would you have voted for imgay?" You are equivocating on a simple question.

Lol I expected no less from you mad dog ypm.

No, I probably wouldnt have voted towards a turbo. It's a dumb move usually. Like if town turbos a player they collectively have feels about, that's one thing.

This was me in Asiina's prom... you all felt poo poo was off and in like 30 minutes time killed me.

That's different than a rolling start and you know that.

You're being weird, but like I said... I expected no less haha.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

Or I'm trying to generate content by having people who were totally absent yesterday discuss the thing that happened and see if there's a weird response.

Where did I say I was pressuring people who didn't vote for imgay? I asked a question, not "I think people who didn't vote for imgay, the flipped town, are scum" because that is what you are implying.

I most certainly am implying that you made that vote post and asked if people would vote to generate artificial content.

I calls em like I sees em

Call me AA, the calls em like he sees em kid

Scum tend to do this thing where they incredulously act like you've put words in their mouth, but how you've played yourself my dear friend is in that you also admit that I was making an implication.

You admit in your own rebuttal that I implied you were doing something not oriented to town, but why phrase it like I misquoted you???

"Where did I say I was pressuring people who didn't vote for imgay?"

BLNT. Sorry you rolled scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Actually rereading, changing my mind.

Also don't like where AA is at. Would vote.

Explain your posts instead of sniping por favor

Also quid voted asiina too. How about that?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

What the gently caress is this even saying?

You were implying something I didn't say directly, which you admit to, and me asking if that's what you were doing means I'm scum because only scum call people out on implying things they didn't say?

You quoted my question but did not answer it. Where did I say I was pressuring people who didn't vote for imgay?

You made a quote post detailing the rolling start votes and made a point to call out db and myself specifically.

I responded then immediately followed up with a vote post because I found it suspicious.

WRT what the gently caress I'm saying lol

You say "Where did I say I was pressuring people who didn't vote for imgay?"

And I never said you said that? Are you following or have I lost you?

You also say that I'm implying your doing something that you're not while honed in on trigger word "pressuring"

When what I said was...

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

If I'm being real about it, I think anyone pressuring people who didn't vote imgay out is bad form and not helpful. It's one thing to protest it, but the day had barely started and like I said...

It's not a useful play by town. Its start of game fun that kills town more often than not.

Asiina riding high on the votes for a turbo like it's an actual case is laughable.

##vote asiina
Applying "pressure" is like the base-level mechanic all players are entitled to. Acting like your quote post was anything, but designed to apply pressure is weird...

You even admit to it in different terms:

Asiina posted:

Or I'm trying to generate content by having people who were totally absent yesterday discuss the thing that happened and see if there's a weird response.

Where did I say I was pressuring people who didn't vote for imgay? I asked a question, not "I think people who didn't vote for imgay, the flipped town, are scum" because that is what you are implying.
No matter how you unpack, flourish, dress or adorn the statement. The proof of what I'm saying is right there! You designed the post to apply pressure and are now acting like the notion I would find it curious is preposterous.

Snipe-squad KB coming to the rescue with some uninspired posting lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

I think for now I'll ##vote AA for throwing a tantrum over a really innocuous question to generate content from people who've mostly been silent. His outrage doesn't feel real.

Quid's vote on me is bad, I think, but honestly I don't actually understand what his vote means so I'd like him to explain it using more words.

Hahaha if anyone has thrown a "tantrum" I believe a comparison of our posts will indicate that it was you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hahaha if anyone has thrown a "tantrum" I believe a comparison of our posts will indicate that it was you.

Are you always so hyperbolic with your assessments Asiina?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

You don't need to be verbose to explain something.

Ring-ding-a-ling!

KB, be the change you want to see

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

Yes, apparently. Because how is that compatible with you literally saying:

??

You never implied I did a thing, while showing evidence of you implying I did a thing.

Asking a question to the entire thread to generate content is not pressuring.

Pressuring means that you think someone might be scum. I don't think the entire thread, or at the very least everyone who wasn't on the turbo, is scum. That's insane.

You acting like I've put all this pressure on you, like it was specific callout to you, when I asked for everyone who didn't post and also you and DB because you did post but didn't vote, is absolutely a disproportionate reaction to a simple question.

What you're missing out on is I never said it was about me other than your callout. My vote post made it clear that it was about pressure applied to anyone who didn't vote mimicking your own initial post.

The implication which you keep avoiding, which I've already spelled out in full, is that your whole content generation scheme seems artificial.

I think it would only produce bad content.

That's what my vote is for, you keep trying to twist it into something that's it is not.

The implication I'm asserting is you made that quote post not in good faith. That it's fake. Read back. It's like the first thing I said about once we started discussing my vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

This.

There was no pressuring.

Only that point is bogus and you're still not doing any work. Tut-tut.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Gut.

But I'll answer more to give you something to engage with. You made a bad fake vote on Asiina after seeing someone else lay the ground work. Asiina hadn't pushed anything yet. She was content gaming at best.

---

I'm above the halfway point on post count now though, so I'm out for awhile while other people post.

Isn't this what you did initially? Just switch the player names...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

I get very frustrated at people's inability to read.

That's curious because you definitely need to re-read yami's post

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

Where did I imply people on the turbo are scum?

Where did I imply people not on the turbo are scum?

Don't just say things. Show your work.

I can't tell if you being this dense is town or scum oriented. I feel like you've been caught and are just doubling down on misrepresentation

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I can't tell if you being this dense is town or scum oriented. I feel like you've been caught and are just doubling down on misrepresentation

Asiina posted:

Let's assume it's just me being dense. Where am I, or anyone else, saying the things Yami is implying?

Saying "oh it's really easy to vote for someone because they were/weren't on a turbo" is a strange statement to make when nobody has done that other than merk at the beginning of the day, and he backed off from it.

Yami Fenrir posted:

##vote Asiina

Not buying it. That vote post about the turbo is bad as hell (it's so easy to make people look bad on either side of that fence because it's a turbo.

After that goes on full defensive and the defense looks pretty word-twisting and dishonest to boot.

lol doubling down on misrepresentation to make anyone who questions you look like they're being misrepresentative is loving brilliant so I'll give you that, but more than once now, I've pointed out how you claim someone is saying something and they in fact have not said that.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

She didn't do any of that.

lol what game are you reading?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

I'm feeling more and more that AA and Yami are just projecting their insecurity about answering that question and I'd be fine voting either of them atm.

wtf lmao

Sorry you also rolled scum buddy.

I definitely explained that rolling start turbo is bad and answered.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Only after I asked you to.

No, maybe I spelled it out more clearly, but I answered.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

You did answer that but also assumed the question was a trap and shade throwing, which it wasn't, she just wanted to know why you didn't participate in the turbo. A fair question.

I never said it was a trap or shade throwing or assumed that.

You're assuming to know my thoughts on the matter which I've already disclosed. Let's not misrepresent them.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

Except that's not what happened with it and it's generated a lot of good content.

AA immediately got defensive like I was calling him out, which is weird and scummy.

merk also has implied it's the only thing I've done, which straight up isn't true and he still hasn't addressed.

You're doing the opposite, it seems, where because I'm engaging with the content that I attempted to elicit that it means I'm not engaging in other ways, which also isn't true. I've commented on other people's cases that have nothing to do with this, but I'm still going to engage with people who are voting for me for reasons that don't make sense.

I didn't get defensive, I got aggressive. I began actively casing you for your self-admitted content game which like I said, generates artificial content, and like Yami said, can be used to paint a character either direction. It's a bad game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Saying "I like turbos, but I also don't like turbos" does not answer the question "Would you have voted for imgay"

Not what I said bucko.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

AA, you're right, you didn't think it was a trap, you just read it as "pressure." My issue as an observer was that the post just wanted clarification on why you hadn't joined in on the vote or discussion.

That's the follow up you quoted though, Maximus.

I answered prior to that post you've quoted.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

But you never bothered to wait and see if she would do that or not.

Because I shut that stuff down as soon I see it. Like I said, it looks bad. Why let us get mislead?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

You shut down a content generating situation? Why? What's wrong with making people put opinions down?

Absolutely, because artificial content isn't good content.

I will provide a big caveat for this though, real content got created as a byproduct.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

I'm going in circles with this explanation, and don't want this to become an impenetrable argument that others have trouble engaging with. My point boils down to this: Unless you are a pyschic and can see the future, and somehow knew Asiina's followup to whatever answers people were going to give to her question, you have no reason to assume that's what she was planning to do based on what was posed.

Hyperbolic.

You need not have supernatural powers to predict how a bad content game is going to go. Asiina wouldn't even have to be the one to throw shade, it enables players to case one another in an ineffectual way.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

And then you have some interesting things to go on. That's the point.

ugh...
I hate that this is the post that makes me see some degree of reason.

I'll think on it at least, but I'm still highly suspicious, but maybe this is a classic AA tunnel, blinded by my own delusions.

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

ugh...
I hate that this is the post that makes me see some degree of reason.

I'll think on it at least, but I'm still highly suspicious, but maybe this is a classic AA tunnel, blinded by my own delusions.

##unvote

wait no, that's my whole point but flipped as if it would be useful... wtf is even happening.

##vote Asiina

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
TIL everyone actually thinks I'm a crazy person :shepface:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

As for why, I think Yami's case on Asiina read as particularly fake, especially compared to AA, whose case clearly reads as more genuine if frustrated.

I don't like Huma's take of "neutral read on DickyB because DickyB's posting is always scummy" then slowly trying to walk it to a "DickyB is scum" opinion, and I feel like he's coasting under the bigger arguments that have happened today.

See, I see the exact opposite. Yami was just able to say what I was trying to say without a million crazy words attached to it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol I feel like a lot of the days arguments have boiled down to meta arguments about casing and how it's done properly.

This is what I wanted to avoid, I feel like this is all just distraction and we're going to let that bad content game drift on by like it wasn't bad. The content that sprung forth from it was not at all, derived from the "game" it was derived from me having a problem with it.

Would also vote KB even if Max has given me feels.

Why I will still vote asiina is because aside from all teh poo poo about cases/casing, I directly pointed out how she misrepresented myself and yami with quotes. Look at my case please.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I looked at your case it’s bad

well what you cannot refute, and what I provide is that she directly misrepresents what Yami and I said. I gave the exact quotes, so if that's bad I don't know what to tell you other than wake up! lol

I have shown you active misrepresentation, why deny the evidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

1) You misrepresented her from the start of things and have continuously misrepresented your own actions

2) misrepresenting someone does not equal scum, town can do it to

3) I read your posts the same way she did

Bullshit.

I never misrepresented anyones words directly.

I may have inadvertently misrepresented or misunderstood intention, but I don't misquote people to support my narrative, which is why I feel confident in my vote on her.

Just look at my break down with her quoting Yami.

It happened within 10 minutes and what she pulled away from it was not at all what Yami said. She even acted belligerent about it as if WE had misread something while she actively misquoted and misrepresented us.

• Locked thread