Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

SirSamVimes posted:

They were talking about what they'd like to do to the citizens of the settlements, and given the power dynamic between enforcers of a regime and the people they oppress it came off as a bit rapey to some, I think. So it got replaced with dad jokes.

It does kind of change the dynamic of the scene, I didn't get the impression the original jokes came off as a bit rapey, I thought they were intentionally rapey, and the point was kind of "these are the bad guys, they find rape jokes funny" and then Black kind of stands out because there's ambiguity on whether her irritation is coming just from a headache or being forcibly reminded of the system she's propping up. I don't think players were intended to find the original jokes even slightly funny.

With the jokes replaced by dad jokes all that kind of goes away. That said if people felt the tone was inappropriate and the author agreed with that he has every right to change it, and people screaming about sjw censorship or whatever are loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU