Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

AB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

D

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

AB

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Changing my vote to A

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C

The sooner we can reduce our opponent's damage output the better.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

Iím more worried about stumbling blind into entrenched anti-infantry and anti-mech defenses than I am about the enemy rallying.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

My understanding was that our capital ships had all moved out of range.

Do we have any idea of what level of damage the anti-air defenses are doing right now?

Is the big gun still firing?

Do we have a clear path of attack to any of the other anti-air towers?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Kai Tave posted:

Oh good, the hosed up magic space-gun is about to get unshackled.

Gonna vote for C with option D in reserve. These guys are commandos but they're also unfamiliar with weird paracausal tech (to be fair so are most people) and we can always print new mechs.

+1

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

Access to everything but the deployable cover sounds fine to me. Would prefer to stay in the mech if possible as we're super squishy out of it.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

PoultryGeist posted:

The digital image shifts a bit, now looking thoughtful. ĒAND I should punish you as well, as youíve sided with the MONSTERS that murdered my children.

PoultryGeist posted:

Contact was lost with the colony ships Tumaini and Nguvu shortly after launch. 28 years after the projected colonization founding, Teaganís World (the closest Core world to the Reach) receive a message from Nguvu and the new colony of Liyongo. A massive gravitational disturbance had caused extensive damage to Nguvu in transit, and it had taken the settlers several decades to recover once they reached their destination.

(Ed. Note: no sign of the Tumaini has ever been recovered)

PoultryGeist posted:

Captain Okaforís voice is tired but still firm. [b]"We did indeed, Pilot River. Iím sending Furious Twilight out to make sure Tu- ah, the unknown vessel has truly fled.

I bet Nguvu repaired its damage using parts it stole from the Tumaini to complete the journey, leaving the crippled Tumaini for dead.

It sounds like the original crew of the Tumaini died and the crazy old shipís AI is seeking revenge.

Given that it the grudge is several generations out of date Iím entirely unsympathetic. If the AI just wants revenge on all the descendents then they may be aiming to wipe out all 488 million colonists.

malbogio fucked around with this message at Oct 4, 2018 around 07:36

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Given that L'…tranger is clearly Psycho-Mantising our available options I think a write-in might be safer.

Hrm.

D: Probe ahead with the HK drone.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Dog Kisser posted:

Work in Progress!

Looking good!

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

AB

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I'm finding myself constantly second guessing given that we are dealing with a crazy Non-Human Person that knows the future.

For A: The subalterns we want to capture will blow us up. If we survive the whole base will blow up. The NHP knew we were coming and could have cleared out all the useful clues.
Against A: We need to know the target of the next attack before the NHP strikes. The NHP seems crazy enough to play games and leave breadcrumbs, if only to better predict our next moves.

For B: If we don't clear out the bomb bots now then we could be cornered by them later in tight quarters. The subalterns might also activate secondary defenses, and given that we are not detecting cameras on the network they may be the only detection system remaining on base. Since we know we are dealing with holographs and subalterns rather than people our troops will know not to hold their fire and won't hesitate letting them get into range to blow us up.
Against B: It's probably the most predictable move and may have additional traps that aren't drawing power. We're not guaranteed to find any paydata.

For C: I kind of want to find out what those subalterns are saying. The NHP may have been crazy enough to give them personalities. This has the most potential for acquiring data. We are good at sneaking.
Against C: We are super squishy outside of our suit. Discovery would probably lead to dozens of explosive robots swarming us. The NHP would probably be pretty good at wiring the remaining consoles up to a base self-destruct.

Do we know for sure that the holograph emitter was only creating buffet tables? Do we know that the holographic buffet tables are not concealing something real like defense turrets?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

Azhais it sounds like you may have intended to vote B. B is sneak C is Go Loud.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C
D

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

L4

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

D

I've been digging the noir in this arc.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

CD

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

So the space habitat is 32km long, has a 300km diameter sail and can be attached to a blinkgate with a 15000km diameter power array.

I'm currently imagining an ant with a human-sized multi-layered web trailing behind it.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

PoultryGeist posted:

As part of the Colonial Settlement Doctrine, the first few generations of Liyongese that were artificially gestated by the shipís nursery were designed around eight broad genotypic groupings, or Clades. Weíve been told that the Clades were named in honor of eight of the nine crew that survived the trip to Liyongo. These first few generations were raised in communal creches, which is a generally practiced tactic in early colony establishment.

And indeed, even now there is a near-universal taboo procripting the acknowledgment of a blood relationship that has been discovered by accident.

Oh, and since youíre reading this along with the full report you know there were nine surviving Nguvu crewmembers, and indeed a ninth Clade. But the Okafors are going to have their own section in my actual report, and some sternly worded Official Interaction Recommendations. But I can tell you that the UAD is not going to like the OIRs so be ready.

Neat post.

I wonder if the Okafor faction was forcibly integrated by the Union.

malbogio fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2018 around 04:56

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Blasphemaster posted:

Okay, so Cpt. and Sgt. Okafor are related through adoption processes? A mentoring resulting in a formal familial adoption perhaps?

The Okafors are implied to have been a splinter faction with their own culture up until very recently. The Okafors may have been a normal family once.

malbogio fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2018 around 05:20

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I'm starting to wonder if the Union was responsible for waking up the Tumaini's NHP and creating this crisis. Why else would the NHP have waited for centuries to act?

Maybe the Union needed a deniable asset to push the splinter Okafor faction into the fold as they wanted a stable and unified system. If so they underestimated the NHP as it now seems willing to destroy all of Liyongo to kill off the Okafors.

Maybe the Okafor gene line were pariahs because their progenitor crewmen was responsible for sacrificing the Tumaini to save the rest of the colonists.

It makes sense that the Tumaini's family-oriented NHP would be less suited to the psychological strain of losing its entire crew.

malbogio fucked around with this message at Dec 9, 2018 around 22:45

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

sheep-dodger posted:

D Task our drones with catching the union pilots
While they're away B, engage our EWAR systems.

+1

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A assuming weíre confident weíre on a private channel.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

AB

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B
DF

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

D

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

The minotaur isnít worth dying over, and Iíd prefer not to rely on Okafor here as her mech seems ill-suited to a rescue.

How badly is Baby damaged?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C

«2 »