Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Facebook Aunt posted:

Or just start building waste-to-energy plants that will happily turn used diapers and plastic straws and medical waste into electricity. Ideally lots of waste-to-energy plants, so waste doesn't need to be shipped long distances.

... the burn trash, or the methane capture kind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Solvent posted:

There you go Burt.
Something that's not a ban, and not corporate accountability.
Quark probably just drafted a CA PROP right there.

Reduce and reuse are preferred to burning, as burning plastic still creates a bunch of terrible byproducts. In the best case you capture most of those gasses, but you still have to dispose of them

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Solvent posted:

... the burn trash, or the methane capture kind?

Experts can figure that out.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
how i gon to drink mojitos with no straw, slurp it like a fukken animal, like a loving pig man? outrage

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Japan burns all its garbage on a city level and is doing pretty well not having horrible air or plastic clogging the waterways.
Our local facility is really well organized, your car gets weighed when you enter and exit. Follow the colored lines to each substation, and get a stamp on your ticket for each trash category (lol). It even has THE CLAW just like Toy Story 3. I love my city dump waste processing plant :iia:

• Locked thread