Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
So some backstory, this was originally a license for Vista that my buddy who works at MS bought for me from the employee store, but it was a regular rear end boxed DVD. Over the years I've upgraded this license to every major Windows version. At one point I also had to do a phone activation after I changed hardware.

Anyway, I got a NUC recently and decided to try Windows 10 on it first without a key, they just buy one later if needed. So I made a USB installer from my desktop, I installed it and see that it's licensed already as Win10 Enterprise. Look at the main desktop and so is it. What the hell? I can't really find anything similar with some Google searches. It doesn't really seem to be a bad thing obviously, but I'm really confused as to why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread