Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
how to get fired (like a millionaire ex google tech lead)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

The Puppet Master posted:

Did this get posted yet? It is a 3 part series about the failure of the US Super Collider project. Blatantly in the style of Jon Bois (though the maker admits so and even has a tutorial video on how it is done). Quite detailed on the politics - both on the governmental and office drama sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivVzGpznw1U

his previous one about the german organic semiconductor dude was real good

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

rotor post that yorkshireman guy building the most insane thing in the most precise way possible given the limitations

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

the music in this is incredible

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

i am mesmerized by the configuration of this machine.

https://i.imgur.com/D8K4rUt.mp4

the obvious way to scan a book would be to start at the beginning and scan each page one at a time, right? easy, logical, just need a camera and a robot arm that makes the same page-turning motion over and over? maybe some sort of smoothing thing that ensures the page lies flat?

gently caress no. start at the back of the book, vacuum up two facing pages, scan the insides of each one simultaneously with a linear array then flip them to the side and repeat. it's better for the book, it doubles your scanning rate, and there's only one moving part.

that's some sewing machine "what if we used two threads and put the eye of the needle in the tip" poo poo

whats stopping them from doing this forwards? I’m not seeing an advantage to doing it from the back

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

ronald finger on YouTube has a few finished projects!

but croker is the best one imo

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

on iphone you can use vinegar and it will replace the youtube player with the default html5 one. a fortunate side effect is that it doesn’t play the ads.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

think of americans working on trucks and jeeps it's exactly the same thing

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

if you don’t have a rice cooker and you eat rice more than once a month you’re an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

polyester concept posted:

I learned about a rice cooking method where you boil it in water for a couple minutes, and then pour it into a strainer and steam it for the remainder. It comes out perfectly chewy and not gummy or anything because the boiling process washes away most of the surface starch. It definitely requires a bit more attention than other methods but A+ would recommend

wash your rice first