Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

If someone makes a discord definitely add that info somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

I think my DPI is 2400 and my in-game is 12.

I have the 2nd highest probably, I run 1200-1400 DPI on hotkeys and 12.5 sens in-game.

ControlledBurn
Sep 7, 2006

Frost his bag!

Dangerllama posted:

If someone makes a discord definitely add that info somewhere.

Yeah, it should be in the first post, like at the top or something.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

VulgarandStupid posted:

I think my DPI is 2400 and my in-game is 12.

I also do this but it's because my mousepad is in fact incredibly tiny

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

TwingeCrag posted:

I also do this but it's because my mousepad is in fact incredibly tiny

Mine is 3 ft wide and I almost want to commission a mouse-pad that's as big as my entire desk. It only makes sense... On this subject, would any of you buy organic sustainable ethically made mouse pads? Is the fact that it's not made from toxic materials in China enough to get you to purchase?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Only if the cost is roughly the same and I can yell "ALEXA BUY MOUSEPAD!" and have it show up at my house 3 hours later.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

What’s a mouse pad?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Hello it's me the garbage can who only just got his first win on the 119th game of blackout.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Buy this pad and thank me later.

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-MM300-Anti-Fray-High-Performance-CH-9000108-WW/dp/B01798VS4C?ref_=bl_dp_s_mw_2529199011

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I like this one because it's not all gamer-ey

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075B491CQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Quality isn't bad or gamer-ey. Been using it for months

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I think he meant it looks dumb

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Just lol if you're not using a PUBG mousepad
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DTMMPRB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_c766BbE24EV2M

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Huh apparently normal MP has bullet travel, its not hitscan, but it is SUPER fast, especially compared to blackout. How weird.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Skyarb posted:

Huh apparently normal MP has bullet travel, its not hitscan, but it is SUPER fast, especially compared to blackout. How weird.

Likely easier from a programming standpoint to alter a value to "near instant" than to have a different set of gun physics for MP and Blackout.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
hitscan and having bullet travel are a hugely different beast when it comes to lag though... i think

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That might explain those times where you think youre about to kill a dude then you die outta nowhere

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Did the patch today change any of the guns in blackout?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Question. Where can I buy a game key. I want to get a digital copy for my friend and just send him the key so he can redeem it on Battle.net.

Is greenmangaming the only place for legit game keys?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Romes128 posted:

Question. Where can I buy a game key. I want to get a digital copy for my friend and just send him the key so he can redeem it on Battle.net.

Is greenmangaming the only place for legit game keys?

besides battle.net itself, humblebundle

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Statutory Ape posted:

besides battle.net itself, humblebundle

Awesome. I didn’t realize you can gift it to someone. Thanks!

Romes128 fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 15, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Talk to Molchane, he sells off his WOW gold to buy copies.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

RBX posted:

That might explain those times where you think youre about to kill a dude then you die outta nowhere

This poo poo DRIVES ME MAD. I normally get all edgy and blame 20hz or my own internet, but it can be infuriating.

Also I was told that Blackout has hitscan/raytrace up to a point and then they spawn a projectile after a certain distance. You can raytrace and still apply realistic ballistics to the trace/damage application, without having an actual projectile. In terms of latency though, they are going to be pretty different because the Projectile is simulating physics and is a real actor in the game. This is all through a lens of amateur/indie UE4 development, which Black Ops is NOT developed on. So consider this an educated wild guess.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Servers have been absolute poo poo the past two days it's almost unplayable in every game mode, tons of people just skipping all over the place, delayed hit markers in nearly every game anyone else feeling like the last patch hosed something on PC?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

The patch broke a ton of poo poo. Try meleeing in MP

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

Vaah posted:

The patch broke a ton of poo poo. Try meleeing in MP

Glad to know im not the only one experiencing Melee attack removed from Multiplayer.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

The_Fuzzinator posted:

Glad to know im not the only one experiencing Melee attack removed from Multiplayer.

Good :colbert:

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Melee is so loving lovely in Blackout that I've been actively trying to forget it exists. I almost unbound it in a rage one day but then I probably couldn't THIRST these kids when I down them.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
what ever happened to instant melee kills

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

what ever happened to instant melee kills

They still were in, Melee in this game does 145 damage, if you're firing when your approaching someone your melee would kill. Or if you hit from behind.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
After winning a few more times..man. I wish blackout was better. Every time I lose a fight I never feel like the other guy won because he played better, just that the lovely networking and performance was in their favour instead of mine. Armour durability is so low that camping is actively encouraged so it leads to people never going out of their way to hunt other players because if you win you're at a net disadvantage due to losing your armour.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
It seems like every BR has the same issue, where playing to have fun and playing to win are wildly different. In theory I guess collecting loot from the people you kill is supposed to help you snowball but it would be cool if there was a BR game that gave bigger advantages to players with more kills, so that slinking around and camping it out just wouldn't be viable playstyles. Although I'm sure lots of people like the camping style.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Blackout is kind of whack right now because people are playing for skins instead of wins.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I think i'm turning the page on this game faster than i thought I would, hardcore seems to be the only playable mode.

I hopped into the endurance playlist and found this guy 110-9 or some poo poo, yep that's max prestige and level 181.

Seri
Sep 29, 2013
I just got this after having played it mostly on my roommates ps4. God, I'm so drat bad at it on mouse and keyboard.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

WHY THE gently caress DOES X + RIGHT MOUSE = E IN THIS GAME. gently caress

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Rex-Goliath posted:

Yeah I was directly messaging them on every platform I could. Got crickets chirping in response.

I don't have a reddit account so feel free to spread this if you feel like it:

update on this because lol

their twitter support account decided to respond to me about a week after i hit them up asking for my dxdiag and confirming all the stereo setting jiggling. finally progress. i send them the dxdiag and they go ok cool and proceed to go quiet again until this morning, another week, asking me for my gamertag :v:

the game still launches and plays too. i don't think they even realize i filed a chargeback two weeks ago

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

prom candy posted:

It seems like every BR has the same issue, where playing to have fun and playing to win are wildly different. In theory I guess collecting loot from the people you kill is supposed to help you snowball but it would be cool if there was a BR game that gave bigger advantages to players with more kills, so that slinking around and camping it out just wouldn't be viable playstyles. Although I'm sure lots of people like the camping style.

Instead of playing to win the match, play to make as many other people as possible lose.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Neon Belly posted:

Instead of playing to win the match, play to make as many other people as possible lose.

Id be lying if this wasnt my goal (Sometimes I make sure my own squad loses)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Neon Belly posted:

Always go for the thirst murder.

MERITS ARE FOR CLOSERS