Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bloom Into You(Yagate Kimi Ni Naru, also occasionally translated as "Someday I will become yours") is a yuri romance anime being adapted from the ongoing manga of the same name, authored by Nio Nakatani.

Official Synopsis:

quote:

Yuu Koito doesn’t know how it feels to love someone. At her junior high school’s graduation ceremony, she received a confession of love from a boy, but she didn’t know how to reply. Now in high school, she meets Touko Nanami, a member of the student council who is turning down confessions because they don’t make her heart skip a beat. Because Yuu and Touko are having quite similar troubles, Yuu is frank about her problems with Touko, when suddenly Touko confesses: ‘I think I could fall in love with you.’

PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yVedXph7Ig
PV2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tua7jvQgUs

Bloom Into You is among the most popular Yuri manga currently running, particularly now that Citrus has concluded, and deservedly so IMO. The series' strengths include expressive and endearing character art, careful and effective use of framing and visual storytelling, a cast of endearing and fundamentally sympathetic characters who grow and struggle realistically beyond their initial apparent archetypes, and a very deliberate, thoughtful, and empathetic tone. It's easily my favorite of the current big Yuri stories, due mainly to its ability to have a cast of fundamentally decent people who are all basically always acting in good faith and easy to root for, but keep brushing up against their own neuroses and those of the people around them. It's an intelligent, compassionate story about people feeling their way through adolescence and trying to discover the best possible versions of themselves and their relationships with each other. I'm very excited to see the story in motion.

The series begins airing on October 5th. The show will be streamed legally in most regions on HiDive starting the same day at 10 AM EDT. An english dubbed broadcast will be following behind the initial subtitled japanese by 3 weeks.

Cast - voice actor (other notable roles):

Yuu Koito - Yūki Takada(New Game!'s Aoba Suzukaze, Mitsuboshi Colors' Yui, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid's Elma)

A first year student who's never fallen in love before, and has come to assume that she's not capable of doing so. Touko Nanami confesses to her shortly after Yuu asks for Touko's advice in turning down a confession from a middle school friend, much to Yuu's confusion. Initially comes across as fairly naive and demure, but can demonstrate a surprisingly straightforward and mature outlook at times.

Touko Nanami - Minako Kotobuki (Sound! Euphonium's Asuka Tanaka, Aikatsu!'s Mizuki Kanzaki, K-ON!'s Tsumugi Kotobuki)

A second year student who's widely admired by her peers. Charming, beautiful, talented, and friendly, she is the star of the school and heir apparent to the departing student council president. Frequently confessed to, occasionally even by girls, but always politely declines any romantic overtures. That is, until she surprises Yuu with her own confession. As they become closer, Yuu begins to wonder if Touko is really as composed and capable as she appears...

Sayaka Saeki - Ai Kayano (Amanchu's Futaba Ooki, New Game!'s Rin Toyama, Bodacious Space Pirates' Ai Hoshimiya)

A second year student and Touko's closest friend, friendly rival, and eternal runner-up. Accustomed to being the only one Touko regularly confides in, she regards the sudden fondness Touko develops for Yuu with a mixture of curiosity and irritation.

Seiji Maki - Taichi Ichikawa (Kabukibu!'s Kurogo Kurusu, Hinamatsuri's Kengo Nakata, Gamers' male student C)

A first year student who joins the student council around the same time that Yuu does. A generally pleasant but not necessarily memorable sort, he occasionally provides some interesting advice for Yuu at unexpected times - though Yuu occasionally finds his curiosity to be mildly off-putting.

Other characters (no key art or VA information released yet)

Koyomi Kanou

One of Yuu's friends and fellow first years. A quiet, blunt girl with a passion for writing who soon finds herself involved in a certain student council project.

Rei Koito

Yuu's older sister, a college student. A caring and supportive sister, aside from her fondness for teasing Yuu. She takes a liking to Touko upon meeting her. In a happy and active relationship with a boy from college.

Riko Hakozaki

Yuu's literature teacher, as well as the advisor to the drama club.

Miyako

Manager of a small local cafe frequented by many of the cast, fond of serving tea and dishing out advice. Intimately acquainted with Riko.

Staff Information (Other notable works):
Original Work: Nio Nakatani
Director: Makoto Kato (Beautiful Bones: Sakurako's Investigation)
Series Composition, Script: Jukki Hanada (A Place Further Than The Universe, Sound! Euphonium, Love Live!!, Love Live!! Sunshine!!)
Character Design: Hiroaki Goda (Amagami SS)
Music: Michiru Oshima (Fullmetal Alchemist, Little Witch Academia)
Animation Production: TROYCA (Re:Creators, Aldnoah Zero)

:siren:Thread Rules:siren:
  • Don't be lovely/homophobic/whatever kind of rear end in a top hat crosses your fancy. No, doing it ironically isn't okay either.
  • Don't be weird
  • Manga spoilers are allowed behind spoiler tags until the anime covers them. Try to keep it to a reasonable level if possible, though. If the thread starts to look like a CIA document we'll see about creating a separate manga thread.
  • As a courtesy, discussion of material covered by recently released eps is encouraged to be kept behind spoiler tags until a reasonable amount of time after the episode airs. If that sounds fuzzy, well, it is. I don't want to take this rule TOO seriously, just use your common sense and don't post something akin to HOLY poo poo I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE WAS AN AXE MURDERER BEHIND THE SHED untagged if the axe murderer has literally just aired an hour ago and you're the only person who got to watch it.
  • Have fun.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

iospace posted:

When does this start airing and who is doing the subbing?

I mentioned in the OP, but October 5th (with an early premiere this Saturday that I'm hoping finds its way into :filez: territory) and not sure yet. I'm reasonably confident that Crunchyroll will get the streaming license, and failing that the manga's popular enough that I'd be pretty surprised if no fansubbers pick the show up, but I haven't seen any hard commitments yet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sindai posted:

I hope this is one of those cases where they're animating it now because the manga is close enough to the end the author knows how it ends and they can cover the whole thing.

edit: probably not if it's just one cour, that would require covering 3+ chapters each episode, and they're not short.

I don't think it's technically been confirmed to be one cour, but I'd be stunned if it isn't, just between explicit yuri still being rather niche and two cours probably being way too MUCH time for the material that's been written.

Anyway, you're probably right about the author knowing how the story's going to end at this point - volume 6 just ended and I wouldn't be at all surprised if volume 7 is the last, but yeah getting there in 12/13 eps or whatever it is is going to be a big ask, especially since I don't feel like there's any really satisfying stopping points until like the end of volume 5 at the earliest. Still, Jukki Hanada has a very strong track record doing series composition on stories like this one, and I've gotten the impression from Nakatani's twitter feed and online scuttlebutt that she's being relatively hands-on with the anime, so I'm reasonably optimistic that they'll figure out a good way to adapt the story without just abruptly stopping and flashing an ad for the remaining manga on the last episode.

Hopefully. :ohdear:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Homura and Sickle posted:

i really enjoy the manga and am quite excited for a modern yuri anime that isn't an offensive pile of poo poo like ntr or citrus (haven't watched kaze-san yet, on the backlog). key visuals and trailers suggest they're going for a solid visual style here too so i think it will be executed well

You should definitely watch Kase-san, it's extremely good and only an hour long.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

the three episodes i watched of citrus before i got distracted seemed epic, how citrus like is this show

Not very. I liked Citrus well enough, but I felt like a lot of the cast spent so much time being actively antagonistic that it was sometimes hard for me to root for anyone besides Yuzu, whereas here, like I said in the OP, I feel like everyone's pretty much always trying to be decent to each other but drama arises when their own hangups get in their way and clash in sometimes unpredictable ways. I'd also say Bloom has significantly fewer jokes in it and it's less overtly horny, though that's not to imply that it's some uwu Pure Chastity Fable like some yuri stuff.

Also seconding Endorph's request to please not start pissing matches over whose favorite show/manga is the most woke in this thread, start a discord channel or something if you simply must let that out somewhere.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 18, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

well, are you asking?

I'd rather we not

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

gmq posted:

If you have read Bloom Into You, do you think the anime is going to be a better experience? I'm getting curious enough to read the manga.

I'm reasonably hopeful. I usually prefer anime over manga given the same basic material myself, though obviously that'll vary from person to person, and like I said upthread I think Jukki Hanada's track record is more or less exactly what I'd want from the person charged with making the script play nicely with the new medium. Troyca isn't the most seasoned studio around, but I thought Re:Creators (whatever its other faults) consistently looked quite nice compared to whatever I might be tempted to call the baseline production standard for anime, and between how much I like the promo material and how heavily it's being marketed I get the impression that they're taking the project pretty seriously. The biggest question is the director, they (she?) only have one credit and it's on a show people seem pretty 'meh' about, but I've also gotten the impression that that show was working with pretty mediocre source material, which I obviously don't expect to be a problem here.

Tl;dr: It's not a 100% certainty that the adaptation turns out well, but I'd say there's more promising signs than red flags. Worst case scenario I hope it's at least piqued your interest in reading a very good manga!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

i dropped the manga around when it looked like i was gonna focus on whatever the boy who was creepily obsessed with matchmaking the two leads' damage was because i just really, viscerally did not care is there anything after that point that would hook me if I was so so on it before then?

Probably not, I'd say the manga spends most of its run fleshing out and playing with the dynamic established in the last chapter of Volume 2, so if you didn't care about that then...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

was that really that far in? I thought I only read like, 7 chapters. Huh.

Iiiiiiii think so? Lol.

If you haven't read to the end of volume 2, I really recommend doing so because it ends on one of my favorite chapters of the series, it's super well-done and crystalizes/sets the tone for a lot of what I find the most interesting about the story's core relationship. If you're not sold after that then you're probably not gonna get sold.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

I don't think anything Big and Significant had happened with the main couple yet. There was this aside with the boy where he was talking about like, "it's better for me to assist with other people's romance, from the shadows" or something. Well, I'll take another look at it.

Yeah actually I think the bit you're thinking of is like mid volume 2. There's one more bit like that a little later I was probably confusing it with.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

I'm all for yuri romance but I'd like to know just how much drama is in the manga/might show up in the anime? I don't mind it all that much, but I'm definitely in the mood for something that doesn't go too dark for the forseeable future.

I'd say Bloom manages its tone very well IMO. There's some drama and some struggling with self-loathing/identity issues and such, but I wouldn't say the story ever really wallows in it for very long and you always get the sense that things are going to work out for the best in the end. I certainly wouldn't describe it as a terribly 'dark' series.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 19, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

New PV, big excites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tua7jvQgUs

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There was an early premiere event for the anime today. No luck finding any video raws yet, but twitter buzz seems quite positive. Also, they announced that an anthology comic is in the works. No release date yet, but it'll be including guest chapters from Canno (A Kiss And A White Lily), Itou Hachi (Kindred Spirits On The Roof), and Mekimeki Oukoku (Toki, many many MANY doujins), among others. Sounds like a good time!

http://yurinavi.com/2018/09/22/yagakimi-ansoro/

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1044614515562872832

Sentai has acquired anime distribution rights, which isn't honestly a great sign. Means the show's probably going to be stuck on HiDive, and watching shows there has been an adventure recently even aside from the annoyance of needing another subscription if you want to watch legally. Hopefully a good fansubber group emerges or HiDive gets its poo poo together for this one.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

It has much more straightforward dialogue at least

Yeah, it has the advantage of being much more grounded and, beyond that, not having critical dialogue delivered through song.

I'm more annoyed because I was hoping this could be the first real big breakout Yuri anime since Maidragon (which was a very different sort of thing anyway), but if it lands on HiDive or (god forbid) Amazon there's a big audience of people who only watch stuff on Crunchy who are likely to miss out. Alas.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/1044977913500762112

HiDive it is. Thankfully there’s at least no major streaming delay like they’ve done for some shows. Just hope the subs are passable. Put the broadcast information in the OP.

Also a dubcast coming on a 3 week delay, for those interested.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 26, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.hidive.com/stream/bloom-into-you/s01e001

Show's page is up on HiDive, under 12 hours out from airtime, get hyyyyyyyyyyyyype

Also HiDive has the show listed at 13 episodes, which is the closest thing I've seen to an official announcement regarding the show's length. Could just be a placeholder number, but probably isn't. There isn't enough manga to justify two full cours, but there's definitely enough manga 13 eps makes more sense than the more common 12. Probably as close as we could get to an ideal length.

Edit: Correction - it's 12 eps per this tweet: https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/1048061177698373632

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 5, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Episode 1 just aired, I'm extremely delighted with how it came together. Wish we could have covered all the way through chapter two, but going a bit slower makes sense for the first episode and I suspect the last scene of chapter 2'll be the first of the next ep, so whatever. Like I said, really delighted with how the first episode came together in terms of production - the VA's all sound how I'd imagined them, the art and animation are nicely detailed and fluid, and there's some small but effective tweaks to the script from the manga.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

For the record, if anyone simply can't watch on HiDive for whatever reason, Asenshi is doing fansubs. They're usually quite good, I liked their subs for Little Witch Academia and Amanchu quite a bit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

A Tin Of Beans posted:

HiDive still doesn't have a single app anywhere, do they? Like they're still just browser only?

Looks that way. I wasn't able to find anything on their website or the ios app store, at any rate.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Meant to share this yesterday, but:

https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/1048778211717349376

The spinoff LN focusing on Sayaka is set to release on November 10th, and it appears to indeed be a prequel. Manga readers can probably guess what it'll be focusing on. Who knows when it gets licensed or fan-translated, but for any japanese-readers who might be interested there you go. As a sidenote, I believe it's not written by Nakatani like the manga is, but by Hitoma Iruma, author of Adachi and Shimamura.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 7, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/1050294934903738368

PV up for episode two. Looks like we're gonna cover more like two chapters today, which I kind of expect to be our usual pace heading forward. Expect to finish Volume 1 by episode 3, and volume 2 hopefully by episode 5 or so.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1050732292849557504

This ED song’s a lot poppier than I expected, but I still wound up enjoying it a lot

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The train scene was 100% romance anime cliche but that probably became my number 1 favorite train scene by direction yes

It's such a good loving cliche though. :allears:

Watched episode 2, still delighted with how the adaptation is coming together. If we average 2, 2.5 chapters per episode going forward that'll be a really solid pace, the production is pretty solid, the directing is sappy and cheesy in all of my favorite ways, and I'm really delighted with how the voice cast is nailing their performances. Takada's Yuu is better than I expected so far - and I expected her to be pretty solid - and Kotobuki and Kayano as Touko and Sayaka are just flawless.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

Stuff like that and the train passing kiss are so visually dramatic that it kind of makes me laugh, but they're also genuinely good ways of getting across the impact of moments that in the manga were communicated through the stylization of single panels.

Yeah, I've seen a few takes about how the visual direction is a little much and I can't entirely disagree, but I'm generally much happier with a director who's trying too hard than with one who's not trying hard enough, and that only goes double for material like this.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/2018/10/15/191-yagate-kimi-ni-naru-part-1-takada-yuki-kotobuki-minako/

This person’s translated the first half of an interview with Kotobuki and Takada, some really good stuff here. Just beware some very mild spoilers regarding a minor event from mid volume 2 of the manga

Edit: And part two's up on the same blog. They get a bit freer with manga spoilers here, so anime-only followers beware.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 16, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The two leads are also doing a promotional radio show, which I’ve recently discovered is being summed up on Reddit. Good stuff, seems spoiler-safe: https://www.reddit.com/r/YagateKiminiNaru/comments/9pcdq5/bloom_into_you_radio_02_october_18/

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Episode 3 was fuckin' great. Really loved how they fleshed out Yuu's campaign speech from the manga version, and Kotobuki and Takada were both fantastic today in this week's big Yuu/Touko talk. Really pleased with the directing, too - as hammy as it can get during some of the big moments, I feel like this week in particular demonstrated a real eye for the small gestures. So important for a story like this. I struggle to imagine a significantly stronger adaptation of this first few eps than what we've gotten.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rei's great in general and I'm rather sad that we probably won't hit her best chapter in 13 episodes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I thought this was kind of neat to see side by side: https://twitter.com/terako219/status/1054031919799721985

I wonder why they moved this scene outside the store. I could see it being anything from wanting to show Touko being nervous about going in to just liking the framing better or any number of explanations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Workmanlike episode today - adaptation's still solid, just a bit more awkward material this week. Was initially hoping they'd compress this material a little bit, but looking back over the manga I can see why they didn't. There's enough setup and character work happening here that there's really not any obvious places to just skip anything, and I don't know how much they reasonably could have compressed into one episode while still reaching a sensical stopping point. Looks like we're on pace to finish the volume and hit probably my favorite scene from the manga in episode 6.

Also, the anime added a small plot detail in the first half of the episode that wasn't in the manga - see if you can spot it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Quiet, sweet episode this week. Glad they got an opportunity to work in some of my favorite bonus chapters. Look forward to next week, it oughtta be a killer.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/YagateKiminiNaru/comments/9tsf3e/bloom_into_you_radio_03_november_1_makis_va/

Latest radio show is translated, aired after episode 4. Next one should air just before episode 7 and get translated a little bit after. Maki's VA joins the melee today. Other highlights include a breakdown of the deep symbolism at play in the menu items available at the cafe doing a Bloom Into You event.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/2018/11/05/195-yagate-kimi-ni-naru-kayano-ai/

Seiyuu blog translated an interview with Sayaka’s seiyuu, AI Kayano. Good stuff in here, but manga spoilers are discussed freely, so click with caution.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Got a rough translation of a recent interview with Nakatani here: https://mellyisbored.wordpress.com/...nios-interview/

The interview primarily concerns the manga, so big spoiler warning, but a few safe highlights that I found interesting:

-Nakatani came up with the character of Touko first, then invented Yuu as her partner back when the manga was in its earliest conception. Nakatani envisioned Touko as an 'unmanageable' girl and Yuu as a heroic character who would want to help that unmanageable girl.

-Nakatani made an early point of choosing to put the focus much more heavily on character drama rather than the broader obstacles to romance between girls.

-Nakatani considers an important theme of the story to be 'people change - but they don't change quickly.' She also expresses a personal distaste for the idea of a person having one singular 'true self' that they can divorce from how they might choose to present themselves outwardly at any given moment.

-The manga is 'perhaps' about 80 percent complete as of the end of Volume 6.

-Nakatani has been heavily involved in the production of the anime, relative to most manga adaptations. She's been participating in screenplay meetings, supervising dubbing, character design, and even occasionally offering details on storyboards and fine details. She's also been writing in incidental details like text message exchanges that the manga initially left in more vague terms.

-Nakatani is quite high on both director Makoto Kato and screenplay writer Jukki Hanada.

-And here's one answer I'll just quote verbatim.

quote:

– Please let tell us the highlights of the 4th episode and onward.
Nakatani: Up to the 3rd episode, Yuu & Touko’s relationship is established for the moment. Because Yuu doesn’t think of Touko as someone special, it’s clear that Touko loves Yuu for that reason. Even though Yuu can’t think of anyone else as special, she is accepted by Touko. It’s a win-win relationship between them. However, I would like you to pay attention to on whether this relationship can continue as it is. Since in the 3rd episode, there is an unsettling monologue, if you could watch over them nervously on whether the two can stay as they are or not. While that’s that, there are plenty of delicious yuri scenes. All of the cast have truly acted the lines with a nice feeling to it (laughs). I myself am very much enjoying it, so please enjoy it along with me.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 8, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/1060441796860293120

Ei Aoki pulled to do storyboards and I think direct episode 6. Veteran guy, one of Troyca's founding members, directed Fate/Zero and Wandering Son, among others - though I haven't had occasion to watch any of his stuff before. Excited to see what he does tomorrow. Between his very senior status at Troyca and the importance of tomorrow's material, I expect the show's best effort yet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1060704223011188736

Sakuga blogger finally got around to giving the show a look, has a thread of light production notes. A nice read if you're like me and like to dig into the production side of things a bit more.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motherfucking excellent episode today, slam-dunk-delivered on maybe my single favorite scene in the entire manga to date. Be sure to stay after the credits. Also beware the HiDive subs, makes a couple of small but weighty errors that really fog up the context. Strongly recommend using Asenshi's subs instead with this one, or at least taking a look at the Seven Seas or 4S translations of the last chapter of Volume 2 to get a better TL.

Yuu promising Touko 'I can't fall in love with you' instead of 'I won't fall in love with you' is fairly inconsistent with what we've seen of her inner feelings to this point, to say nothing of what comes later IMO - and a more critical error is in the post-credits, where Touko says "If Yuu were ever to change, I wouldn't love her any more" instead of doing what every manga TL I've ever seen does and translating it as "If I were ever to change, people would stop loving me." Really incensed at that one tbh - where the manga TL emphasizes that Touko, on a fundamental level, does not see herself as worth loving and is terrified of accidentally driving Yuu away, the HiDive subs make it look like she's some creepy posessive weirdo who's conciously, deliberately attempting to ensnare Yuu somehow - reflects awfully on her as a character based solely on a stupid subject change.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Poil posted:

I... totally failed to pick up on the visual symbolism in that scene when reading the manga. Wow. :stare:

Which bit? The stepping stones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Poil posted:

Yes. The whole Nanami walking forwards leaving Yuu behind too scared to take the step, self reflection(?) and then both meeting each other in the middle. Unless I got it all wrong. :v:

It's so loving good. All the stuff with the steps was present with the manga, but the adaptation did a great job with it and added the play with reflections. Good poo poo.