Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It was nice to see the goal alerts pop up, yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I would love to see Ty Smith make the Devils. He looks great and his competition seems to be Yablenkov and Steven Santini (garbage). It would be cool to have Severson/Butcher/Smith this year. They would also have Greene/Vatanen and probably Mueller.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
i was watching random highlights of all these no names, and I see Eric Gryba (on the Devils I think? lol) anyways, of course in pre-season he has a head on head hit - god how does he still have a job. If i knew how to show those fancy graphs I bet he'd be near bottom of everything D related except hits.

and to that CBJ news, I always LOL when Jarkko has a job with em. I loved that guy (most of the time except when he did his super dirty poo poo)

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

The Dirty Burger posted:

I am very excited to watch Chris Tierney 2nd line centre this year actually. Hope he’s good, because he’ll be the 1C next year

:shepface:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Nic deslauriers gets into a meaningless fight in his first preseason with a 1way contract

Breaks his face has surgery and is out indefinetely.

Season off to smashing start!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Hirez posted:

i was watching random highlights of all these no names, and I see Eric Gryba (on the Devils I think? lol) anyways, of course in pre-season he has a head on head hit - god how does he still have a job. If i knew how to show those fancy graphs I bet he'd be near bottom of everything D related except hits.

and to that CBJ news, I always LOL when Jarkko has a job with em. I loved that guy (most of the time except when he did his super dirty poo poo)

Also possible he pretty much ended the career of the guy he tried to hit. Nieves has had a lot of concussions lately and while I'm sure he'll try to come back from this one and keep going I think at this point he's a.) a long shot to make the NHL, and b.) continuing to get more and more concussions which is a real bad thing

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I am very happy that hockey is back.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Stretch Marx posted:

I am very happy that hockey is back.

:hellyeah:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCSCapitals/status/1040691416454848513

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I am excited to follow the 5 minutes of fame that FIRST BRIT EVER DRAFTED Liam Kirk will have with the Coyotes before he gets dumped back to juniors :britain:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Zip! posted:

I am excited to follow the 5 minutes of fame that FIRST BRIT EVER DRAFTED Liam Kirk will have with the Coyotes before he gets dumped back to juniors :britain:

I hope his locker room nickname is Guv'nah.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Levitate posted:

Also possible he pretty much ended the career of the guy he tried to hit. Nieves has had a lot of concussions lately and while I'm sure he'll try to come back from this one and keep going I think at this point he's a.) a long shot to make the NHL, and b.) continuing to get more and more concussions which is a real bad thing

Between that and Andersson having a great game, it might have, though I'm not sure they're vying for the same role. Nieves is pretty much pegged as a fourth-line center, while Andy would probably be sent to the AHL if he isn't getting at least third-line minutes and some special teams time.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I'm watching a Leafs preseason game I'm so desperate for this

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Lol CBC: "what are you optimistic about?"
Pierre Dorion: *long pause* "we're a team."

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
I forgot Robin Lehner was with the Isles

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet650/status/1042190392240685056?s=19 hahah good christ how

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

That's right around the range of being considered obese.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Zodijackylite posted:

Between that and Andersson having a great game, it might have, though I'm not sure they're vying for the same role. Nieves is pretty much pegged as a fourth-line center, while Andy would probably be sent to the AHL if he isn't getting at least third-line minutes and some special teams time.

Yeah I'd think that Andersson is more looked at as trying to nail down that 3C spot behind Zibanejad and Hayes, possibly competing with Chytil for it, and Spooner and Namestnikov on the wings for now. I see Fontaine as the prospect that might push for the 4C position as he's basically Nieves with better puck skills

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
How fat is Ovechkin right now?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I don't know, HOW FAT IS HE?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Working out guilty is working out hard. He reported at lower body fat than he left.

I'm a close family friend of the Ovetchkins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're under arrest for election fraud.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

So yeah, seeing Tavares score in another jersey hurts just as much as I thought it would.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

did he change teams or something? I hadn't heard

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FBS posted:

did he change teams or something? I hadn't heard

yeah he was a salary dump to the yotes

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
This is too good to be real

https://twitter.com/_nickrichard/status/1042191384088911872?s=21

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1042167853229764608

I love stuff like this. The kid was a former Wings pick who was a Traverse City invite and he's got a deal to at least play in Cleveland. :3:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Holy moly

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

NHL Preseason Thread: ................. We’re a team.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

NHL Preseason Thread: ................. We’re a team.

:emptyquote:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

sedative posted:

I hope they bring back Coatesy

Why would you say this?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sabres played their big name squad against a bunch of nobodies calling themselves the Penguins, still managed to almost lose at the last second. Then again I think they played their fourth string goalie in the third period who gave up two goals in the last five minutes. Anyway Sabres this preseason look a lot more promising than they did last year, of course who knows how they will look once real hockey starts.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

I wish we could make a video the thread title.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Tavares and Marner are two cool dudes, especially when they play together.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

https://twitter.com/TwoTurtleDuffs/status/1042230522397827077

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Tavares and Marner are a powerful combo. A shining beacon in these dark Trump days.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol jordan kyrou is gonna be a top 10 rookie in the nhl this year

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
https://giant.gfycat.com/WelltodoDisfiguredHypacrosaurus.webm

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/NHLGIFs/status/1042248249615245312

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Is this real? The cut from his pause to saying “we’re a team” looks kinda fake, but maybe not. If it’s real this is an absolutely legendary moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
is there no rule that is emphasized for the preseason this year? the two games so far didn't feel as penalty heavy as I remember them being last year

• Locked thread