Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Canucks look like they're in mid season form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I pledge my allegience to the Sharks (and Pageau) until Melnyk is dead/sells.

Night shift at work means I get paid to watch Karlsson Sharks games :dance:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Zodijackylite posted:

Balcers is a great prospect who could be a top line winger. Tierney is a second line center the Sens need right now. Demelo is a legitimate NHL defenseman, which is a lot to say for an Ottawa Senator right now. Norris is a prospect with depth forward upside.

Problem is, it's like one piece deeper than the Rick Nash trade, and the perceived difference in value here is roughly one Rick Nash, worth a second-line forward, potential NHL-quality D prospect, an overpaid bottom-sixer, a first, and a seventh. Add all of that to the Karlsson trade and it'll be digestable.

Hahaha, Sens.
Balcers is an ok offensive prospect but even in future Senators terms he's nowhere close to a top line winger. There's a considerably higher chance that he's nothing. Tierney had a career high of 23 points prior to this year. Demelo is trash and the Sharks didn't even give him a qualifying offer. Ever Dorion wasn't pretending that Tierney and Demelo were anything.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Zodijackylite posted:

Balcers is a prospect who could be a winger. Tierney is a center. Demelo is a defenseman. Norris is a prospect with depth forward upside.

100% agree with this.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Domi has a hearing. No surprises there.

Maybe he's just going to get himself suspended enough that he won't actually have to play for the Habs this season.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Getting suspended in your first preseason game with a new team. The old David Clarkson maneuver.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Sucker Punch Domi, not gonna lie that was par for the bloodline.

But I thought Tie was gonna be a new genesis.

Canadians ruining hockey.

Again.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

eXXon posted:

100% agree with this.

Hell they basically got an entire line just for 1 player!

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Bootcha posted:

Sucker Punch Domi, not gonna lie that was par for the bloodline.

But I thought Tie was gonna be a new genesis.

Canadians ruining hockey.

Again.

Yeah but remember when he one shotted Kessler? Or when his dad fought two guys at once? Save us Domi

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://www.facebook.com/61652252465/posts/10155657184917466/

"Great pass to the piglet."

I also like how that translation puts Montreal in quotes as if it were a term used loosely to describe a hockey team.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

D C posted:

Hell they basically got an entire line just for 1 player!

They got 6 players by only giving up 2 players, therefore they won the trade 3:1.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

Jordan7hm posted:

They got 6 players by only giving up 2 players, therefore they won the trade 3:1.

Not to mention, Karlsson isn’t big or truculent so it’s probably more like 3.5:1

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Max Domi loving rules

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

T-Bone posted:

did aaron's eyes roll back again like the hendricks "hit" gently caress

e: https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1042589100472066048

Anyway he's still got a way to go before topping his dad's shot on Niedermayer

:fireman:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i feel like aaron ekblad is probably a Bigger and Badder man than domi's offspring and should probably beat up or otherwise injure the smaller man at an opportune time in the future

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

bewbies posted:

i feel like aaron ekblad is probably a Bigger and Badder man than domi's offspring and should probably beat up or otherwise injure the smaller man at an opportune time in the future

Ekblad has had some concussion issues, compounded when Rowe played him too early after a concussion. I think he doesn’t want any head trauma in meaningless games

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/CBrooksie84/status/1042783093453737984

:byewhore:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Nice to see that in the NEW NHL era, dipshit goons remain the same

https://twitter.com/CamJanssen25/status/1042780120702955527

https://twitter.com/CamJanssen25/status/1042783918825648130

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

To be fair if a guy punches you twice its kind of reasonable to think he might punch you a third time. if you dont want to fight spear him in the fuckin nuts or something jesus

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Cam Janssen trying to argue one point while at the same time demonstrating the long term effects of concussions on the brain.

Well done Cam!

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

The Golden Man posted:

To be fair if a guy punches you twice its kind of reasonable to think he might punch you a third time. if you dont want to fight spear him in the fuckin nuts or something jesus

I feel like you should be excused for not thinking straight if a guy's been punching you in the head.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

I feel like you should be excused for not thinking straight if a guy's been punching you in the head.

yah but on the other hand if your brain is so melted that a glove on collar grab punch thing disorients you or whatever maybe retire or take a year or two off

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

The Golden Man posted:

yah but on the other hand if your brain is so melted that a glove on collar grab punch thing disorients you or whatever maybe retire or take a year or two off

I dunno experience tells me it doesn't take very many hits to the head to be confused and stunned when it happens.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

T-Bone posted:

did aaron's eyes roll back again like the hendricks "hit" gently caress

e: https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1042589100472066048

Anyway he's still got a way to go before topping his dad's shot on Niedermayer

On the plus side, now I have a new player in the east to dislike, not that I really feel any kind of way about the Habs.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1042806870682071041

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Harry Zolnierczyk's going to debut a Spider-Man themed look this year too.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Cam Janssen has no points, just like the record he holds for the most PIM in a season in which he registered no points.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Fact checking my Cam Janssen tidbit, I came across two of the most incredible stat lines.

Peter Worrell, 1997-98: 19GP, 153 PIM, 0 points
John Kordic, 1990-91 (w/ Caps): 7GP, 101 PIM, 0 points.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Oh man Worrell was a lunatic

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
wasn't peter worrell the one who got pulled over by the police and told the police his name was Andreas Lilja

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I know these games are largely against nobodies/bad teams, but should I be encouraged by Foo and Dube's scoring? I've watched next to no hockey in this preseason, other than watching Sven Baerstchi score a dandy goal against Edmonton.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

a false posted:

wasn't peter worrell the one who got pulled over by the police and told the police his name was Andreas Lilja

lmao

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

a false posted:

Hahahaha I have never heard this but drat do I hope it's true

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Scott Niedermayer also tried to decapitate him once

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Max Domi is a piece of poo poo and a racist to boot and it’s going to be glorious when he sucks for the Canadiens

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

T-Bone posted:

Scott Niedermayer also tried to decapitate him once

Nidermayer had an axe to grind with everyone. It just wasn't their time yet.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I definitely remember the Worrell/Lilja jokes, so I'm saying it 100% did happen

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

suspend max domi for the season, thanks in advance

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/Cane_Matt/status/1042821445536178176

Adbot