Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Baron Corbin posted:

the secret is to just cheat while you learn to play. give yourself gold and troops and just figure out everything else first

Y’know, that’s how I learned to play strategy games as a kid so it’s even dumber I didn’t think of that this time

“play it right” has ruined my brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Baron Corbin posted:

the secret is to just cheat while you learn to play. give yourself gold and troops and just figure out everything else first

and save scum

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

CarlCX posted:

I grew up on RPGs and strategy games, and I’ve tried and failed to play CK2 twice, and I don’t know why because it seems like everything I want.

CK2 is very nontraditional because losing land is really common and usually not a big deal at all. It's more about waxing and waning periods with regular massive internal revolts over medium feudal levies.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

holy gently caress stop going to loving saudi arabia

Saudi paid for a decade of like 2 shows a year, they'll get it

WWE, the company people here support wholeheartedly, has no moral conscience (contrary to what Steph may tweet) or desire to stop it or lessen the shows

bartok
May 10, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

holy gently caress stop going to loving saudi arabia

Money is money even when it is drenched in blood.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

All corporations are bad

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
As to how to play ck2; find the vassals screen. These are your vassals. See the button to bribe your vassals? Click it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Drew striding away like an enormous badass (which he is!) after beating his opponent in a tough fight is so good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh poo poo, he's still striding!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's gonna be cool when they turn Drew face by having him actually murder Corbin

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Renee is awesome at the table with Corey Graves.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

reignofevil posted:

CK2 is very nontraditional because losing land is really common and usually not a big deal at all. It's more about waxing and waning periods with regular massive internal revolts over medium feudal levies.

Losing land is often cool and fine because you were probably too big in the first place. If you weren't then it gives you a new short term goal. Take your land back, kill the new ruler, and take his significant other. Bonus points for imprisoning his or her children through their adulthood while converting them before releasing them back into the world.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I just now realized how much I despise that no one can ever simply call it "the cell"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I dont think that this is how title matches work

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Drew striding away like an enormous badass (which he is!) after beating his opponent in a tough fight is so good.

Same with last night when he put Dolph on his back and strolled out of there. They/he's doing a great job of being a legit badass and his body language, voice, delivery, everything is selling him as a badass.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Kurt is returning tonight, right?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Lmao Ronda asking incredibly valid questions

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Why did that production guy have a terrible wig on

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm glad someone is asking how these open challenges are supposed to work.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Glorious Chad

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Can you cash in MitB when the champ isn't around and win the belt the same way?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This strategy is only valid when the face holds the title for uhh reasons

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"because that's what the guys do"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bill Hader and Henry Winkler both won Emmys for Barry. Awesome.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Codependent Poster posted:

The Glorious Chad

fuckin chads

assholes

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Glorious - still one of the best theme songs ever

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Is that show decent? Watched the first episode and thought it kind of sucked. I really like Bill Hader though.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

That is awesome. That show should be way more popular than it is.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Why did that production guy have a terrible wig on

vanity makes fools of us all

alternatively, it's local talent going incognito for a WWE paycheck

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

Can you cash in MitB when the champ isn't around and win the belt the same way?

If only Braun had been smart enough to try that instead of cash in a month in advance, destroy his opponent 3 separate times he could have cashed in on at any time and won, and lost the case entirely because of a clusterfuck no contest

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Imagine 3 hours of Roman matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER7bIGwJeho

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

Is that show decent? Watched the first episode and thought it kind of sucked. I really like Bill Hader though.

I really like it. I think it consistently gets better but I also loved the first episode so ymmv.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

That show fuckin' goes places

I would try another episode or two and if you still don't like it then it might not be for you

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
I was watching up until Braun told me the show sucks and I was like "oh yeah you're right" so now I'm playing Hyper Light Drifter. It's way better than RAW.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Oil money can make anything happen

im not really surprised that oil Sheiks want Lesnar as he's the only star in WWE, but i didnt think anything would top the humor of asking for dead-rear end Yokozuna

i think "BRING ME THE SEXY BOY!" might be even better :xd:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wow, Rachel Brosnahan and Alex Borstein both won for Marvelous Ms. Maisel. Weird to see an awards show getting it right.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
WTF? Chad Gable riding Bobby's coattails, when he won both matches singlehandedly?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Renee reading the dirt sheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Sugar Blaster posted:

I was watching up until Braun told me the show sucks and I was like "oh yeah you're right" so now I'm playing Hyper Light Drifter. It's way better than RAW.

Pff Mark.

• Locked thread